How much have we really improved the roster?

Where will we finish based on our current roster?

• Top 4

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-12

• 14-16

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree his goal kicking will be massive for us. I think he can be a great organisational half for us no doubt, but I think without another attacking threat alongside him he will really struggle. I.e. pairing him with Lewis will be diabolical.
We need someone other then Lewis I agree it would be disastrous we need that Burton signing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hmm..I'll finally have a crack at our round 1 side.

1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. DWZ
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Atoni
9. Wakeham
10. Hetherington
11. RFM
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Napa
16. Waddell
17. Stimson

Burton is obviously key and it's a major advantage as it gives us two genuine ball running threats through the spine and a left footed kicking option.

Overall it's an improvement on last season and we've brought in a few players with ability that was previously lacking within the squad...a lot of improvement will also depend on conditioning and us actually being structurally sound for once so we can actually play football at a reasonable tempo.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In saying that about Foran really believe that Flanno will have more of an impact then Foran ever had on our team IMO the structure and organising esp moving forward plus he could be an 85% goal kicker for us which will be important esp in those close games
Agree... And how can partnerships and momentum happen when foran is out for half the season and halves combination occur more often than not. Consistency will be a factor and a change in staff/culture will be a bigger factor than most people think

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Hmm..I'll finally have a crack at our round 1 side.

1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. DWZ
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Atoni
9. Wakeham
10. Hetherington
11. RFM
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Napa
16. Waddell
17. Stimson

Burton is obviously key and it's a major advantage as it gives us two genuine ball running threats through the spine and a left footed kicking option.

Overall it's an improvement on last season and we've brought in a few players with ability that was previously lacking within the squad...a lot of improvement will also depend on conditioning and us actually being structurally sound for once so we can actually play football at a reasonable tempo.
Luke Thompson doesn't make your top 17?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see Thompson play again next year. I need a massive year from the likes of Ogden, To’omaga, Stimson. I wonder what Baz’ bench and forward rotation looks like come round 1. Will be very interesting. I can’t wait to watch us with a few upgrades and better players around the park but also maintaining the same competitive attitude we had last year.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
He's suspended for the first month.
Ah fair enough, well Burton is also not signed yet, and very likely if he is only for 2022 onwards. But I see where you're coming from!

I like that lineup and agree it's probably our best

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan is a great signing, while the other signings are meh

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Panthers will decide to let Burton go for 2021 unless they lose Yeo, Luai or Crichton and that frees up considerable money. I'm pretty sure we still have room to buy Burton for 400K and a decent hooker. If Grant and B Smith stay at the Storm I hope we get McInnes or Daryl Clarke for 2021. I hope we don't end up with McCullough who Kevin Walters wants to shed apparently. Hopefully we get JAC for 2022.

1 Averillo
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
9 Clarke

1 Addo-Carr
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
9 Clarke
14 Averillo (good 14 as he can cover both halves and backline)

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Flanagan is a great signing, while the other signings are meh
Cotric and Hetherington will also be key players for us moving forward. Can't think of too many other backs with the sort of tackle breaking ability Cotric has.
I think the Panthers will decide to let Burton go for 2021 unless they lose Yeo, Luai or Crichton and that frees up considerable money. I'm pretty sure we still have room to buy Burton for 400K and a decent hooker. If Grant and B Smith stay at the Storm I hope we get McInnes or Daryl Clarke for 2021. I hope we don't end up with McCullough who Kevin Walters wants to shed apparently. Hopefully we get JAC for 2022.

1 Averillo
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
9 Clarke

1 Addo-Carr
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
9 Clarke
14 Averillo (good 14 as he can cover both halves and backline)
I hope you are correct on Burton for 2021.

Personally don't rate Clark and think he will struggle in the NRL if not long-term definitely in his first year.

I think Averillo has what it takes to be our long-term fullback and hope he has a chance to prove it next year.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don't jag Burton for next year the other option for 6 would be BBO. I don't think he's ready for FG yet but if he has a massive off season you never know. I'd much rather see him in the 6 jersey than Lewis. He reminds me of Barba....without the wife bashing

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My predicted top 20 based on possible couple more acquisitions
1 Averillo.....................Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 JAC
6 Burton

7 Flanagan
8 Thompson.................To.omaga
9 JMK..............................Katoa
10 Hetherington..........Ogden
11 RFM............................Waddell
12 Elliott..........................Stimson
13 Jackson......................Doorey

Last edited:

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My predicted top 20 based on possible couple more acquisitions
1 Averillo.....................Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 JAC
6 Burton

7 Flanagan
8 Thompson.................To.omaga
9 JMK..............................Katoa
10 Hetherington..........Ogden
11 DWZ............................Waddell
12 Elliott..........................Stimson
13 Jackson......................Doorey
Come on man can’t have DWZ at 2nd Row I know a few boys here said hoppa will do alright there but DWZ fuck me lol

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's people's thoughts on running 3 halves on the field like both Origin Teams did with Hunt/Munster/DCE and Cleary/Keary/Walker?

Will the new rule changes and increases speed suit having a 3rd playmaker on the field in that lock position at some point?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Top 8 in 2021, no excuses.!!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are all applauding some of the recent signings such as:

Cotric
Flanagan
Hetherington
Waddell
Thompson

And guys coming back from long-term injuries:

Stimson
Elliot

But how much have we improved our roster realistically?

Say Flanagan goes down with a long term injury, our halves pairing is back to Lewis and Wakeham (or a rookie Averillo).

We still have no hooker signed. And we are relying on Meaney to develop into a first grader at fullback. And our wingers are nothing to get excited about.

The biggest unknown is how much more Barrett and co. can get out of this team.

My prediction is a 9-12th finish.
Look people expecting miracles are going to be disappointed,I think barring injuries we could make the 8,the player’s we’ve bought in,will add a lot to the squad,and the rest is really dependant,on how players like wakeham,Reims Smith,averillo etc,develop under a new coach,.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Averillo is a kid and is not what you think he is and will be lucky to develop into what you think he is lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Head = 14-16th
Heart = 9-12th

Cotric is a big upgrade.
Foran was our best player and short term (2021) I can't see Flanagan as an upgrade, bought on potential.
Hetherington has more ability than Tolman but I doubt he's going to do the 1%'ers. At least he won't be a liability in attack.
Waddell's just a squad player. We have plenty of second row depth so I'm not sure what he adds.

Overall I think we've made two good signings in Cotric and Flanagan and two meh signings in Hetherington and Waddell.

The biggest difference would come from signing a top hooker. On roster alone compared to last year I don't think the upgrade is big enough to warrant us going up the table too much. I've always said the roster was the issue so we'll have to see if Barrett can prove me wrong I guess.

I do think last year we were screwed when Elliott (our best forward) and Hopoate (was playing very well at fullback before his injury) went down. This possibly made us look worse than what we actually were. We're also hoping Thompson is a completely different player (imo) after having a full pre season.

Last edited: