How many weeks for Latrell?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The NRL should just say you can't play again this season no matter how many games Souths have left.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know that Latrell is a protected player from a protected club. The NRL MAY give him 1 week to show they are doing something. The NRL are WAY too inconsistent on these things & it is crushing the game faster than Biden is crushing his country.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
the post match discussion between Gallen, Johns and Gould as to the hit was poor --> "not intentional", "defending his try line", "didn't even see it" etc.

league is a tough game and that's why you love it... but intentional is not part of the mental element of careless or reckless... defending his try line, well duh, that is just the purpose of the whole f*+#ing sport... and lay off the grog Joey and you might see something
Joey has pissed in the pocket of indigenous players since he called Inglis a something something many moons ago. He has brown-nosed something fierce since that day, Trell can do no wrong in his eyes. Joey is a bum-sniffer who doesn't want to be seen in that light again so he just burbles crap to keep his cushy job.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With the focus of player welfare it has to be unprecedented ban.The crime should match how long the injury takes to recover or based on the instant damage its a 12-14 week ban.
The NRL need to set an example here .
Wouldn't matter who it was its absolutely awful.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With the focus of player welfare it has to be unprecedented ban.The crime should match how long the injury takes to recover or based on the instant damage its a 12-14 week ban.
The NRL need to set an example here .
Wouldn't matter who it was its absolutely awful.
Everyone recovers differently though, so I don’t think that benchmark would really work. That said, agree it should be a big suspension. I’d go with 10 weeks. He flew in at speed to lay a shoulder to the head. Early offseason for him (and unfortunately for Manu).

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taking a further look at replays, it is a bizarre play from Latrell. I don't see any regular fullback making that play. Manu has run out of options, he has a defender already on him, two more in close ready to tackle and also cutting off any possible pass. There is no football strategy in what Latrell does, he is going in for the collision, full stop. Here is the thing, if he gets it wrong and misses altogether, and Manu manages to slip the tackler, then Souffs line could be exposed. It was a dumb play, it was purely about Latrell going in and bashing a bloke, which is what he loves to do.
It’s personal

Every duel they have had Manu has walked all over him so he finally saw an opportunity to get in a cheap shot

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a joke!!! South’s protected species
Just imagine it was a dogs player eg hetherington or Thompson immediate send off and suspended for 6 weeks
Don't think he'll get off lightly. He has form, and carry over points. Fox commentators were in agreement that four weeks is likely, which puts him out of the finals. The Bunnies fans will not be happy with him- he's cost them a GF chance for sure.

Actually, it was the Knights game that infuriated me. I saw a number of tackles, that were admittedly penalised, but that was all.
We had players binned and suspended for the same type of offence.
Why can't referees be consistent?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He should be out for as long as Manu is out. He’s such a grub. It was a deliberate should charge that actually caused serious injury.
I actually think it went wrong; you could see by Mitchell's body language that he meant to hurt Manu, but not like that. Totally misjudged the hit.
He was already working out how many weeks he would get before the ref called him out.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
High and careless. Manu's season probably over too. I think someone in the commentary said Latrell got 4 weeks for something similar earlier on in the year (something like that). I think it has to be long enough so the Rabbitohs feel a significant hit in the finals. I actually felt pretty sad for Manu seeing how he reacted (crying/upset) and how he didn't want to come off knowing he picked up a serious injury. The referees weren't going to do anything to before the reactions from Manu/the Roosters...
4 weeks for a similar offence in the last 2 years should attract a 50% loading. I say he gets 6 weeks minimum.

However he does play for a protected club and coach.

If a Bulldog did this he would have been marched.

This really is a test case to see if the MRP, Judiciary and the NRL heavies are fair Dinkum. If the punishment doesn't fit the crime, they will all be an embarrassment to the game.