Opinion How long will Averillo last at 7?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nah don't hate him at all, he is just not that good.

In NSW Cup Round 1 & 2 he had;

1 forced drop out
2 try assists
0 line break assists

Flanagan in the same games had

2 forced drop outs
3 try assists
3 line break assists

So based on the first two games Flanagan has looked like more of a halfback than Wakeham. Flanagan also compliments Burton's game more too, problem is Barrett is off him.

This is not to say that Flanagan is any good either, just comparing shit with shit.
Wouldn't surprise me if Flamingo gets a go in 2 weeks time.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I mentioned early in the thread you just go with who is in the best form at the time and play through Burton and Dufty who are capable passers with a degree of vision
Yeah I agree. So Wakeham is the best on form? True? Stats can say one thing but until you watch someone play you do t really truly know their impact on the game. Flanagan last week wasn’t as effective as Wakeham was. Even though stats might say otherwise. If you saw the game you would’ve seen that. So going on the theory of who’s the best in form Baz has picked Wakeham.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody believes Wakeham is a halfback, his best games have been in the 6 jersey.

You will witness once again how average he is at first grade level today, people seem to have short memories.
Has he even played at 7 in nrl?

He’s hardly been giving a proper chance to prove himself as halfback.

I believe his best position is halfback, he was great for Fiji I’m hoping “if” he’s starting at 7 he takes his opportunity.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Has he even played at 7 in nrl?

He’s hardly been giving a proper chance to prove himself as halfback.

I believe his best position is halfback, he was great for Fiji I’m hoping “if” he’s starting at 7 he takes his opportunity.
Yeah he play games in 2020 there for us. I remember one game against the West Tigers he started at 7 and we got romped by 30 odd, against the West Tigers mind you.

He then played there against the Rabbits who beat us, and then the Broncos who pumped us again, not sure if he had a single try asist in those games. He was then dropped and given another chance later in the season where we were again beaten by 40 odd against Penrith.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I do, but so what?
I know you do but it not a big deal mate, finding the right halfback is the right thing to do. Sticking with someone just for the sake of it even if they are not the answer is silly.

How long do you want to give a player in first grade the number 7 before you can drop him? Wouldn’t you rather do it In round 3 rather then round 16

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he play games in 2020 there for us. I remember one game against the West Tigers he started at 7 and we got romped by 30 odd, against the West Tigers mind you.

He then played there against the Rabbits who beat us, and then the Broncos who pumped us again, not sure if he had a single try asist in those games. He was then dropped and given another chance later in the season where we were again beaten by 40 odd against Penrith.
One game here one game there hardly a decent chance. And to be fair the whole teams been terrible for years.

Let’s see how he goes with the current squad for more than 1 game here and there. He might go well, he might not.

Plus It’s not even confirmed he’s playing yet.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you managed to keep your opinions to yourself instead of calling the coach a fuckwit in front of everyone then maybe you might have been considered...
Is that what really happened

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

What about Round 25 last year v The Tigers at Redcliffe - we won 38-0, I was there, he was excellent off the bench.

Never been a consistent member of the team, apparently his training (and attitude) prior to this year was rubbish and this year he’s turned it around, give him a decent shot and then reasess.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One game here one game there hardly a decent chance. And to be fair the whole teams been terrible for years.

Let’s see how he goes with the current squad for more than 1 game here and there. He might go well, he might not.

Plus It’s not even confirmed he’s playing yet.
He’s playing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What about Round 25 last year v The Tigers at Redcliffe - we won 38-0, I was there, he was excellent off the bench.

Never been a consistent member of the team, apparently his training (and attitude) prior to this year was rubbish and this year he’s turned it around, give him a decent shot and then reasess.
Oh yh the game where Jake scored 2 tries, set up another, broke 7 tackles, forced a drop out, didn't miss a tackle. Yes, i remember that game. But yh, Wakeham played more as a steady hand in that game.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah don't hate him at all, he is just not that good.

In NSW Cup Round 1 & 2 he had;

1 forced drop out
2 try assists
0 line break assists

Flanagan in the same games had

2 forced drop outs
3 try assists
3 line break assists

So based on the first two games Flanagan has looked like more of a halfback than Wakeham. Flanagan also compliments Burton's game more too, problem is Barrett is off him.

This is not to say that Flanagan is any good either, just comparing shit with shit.
No you are comparing comparing a half to a five eight.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yh the game where Jake scored 2 tries, set up another, broke 7 tackles, forced a drop out, didn't miss a tackle. Yes, i remember that game. But yh, Wakeham played more as a steady hand in that game.
The comment was about Wakeham whom we were talking about, great to see Avo actually had a decent game that day, I think even Meaney had a decent game also, make of that what you will.

Can’t wait to see Avo ”carve” up again today….

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know you do but it not a big deal mate, finding the right halfback is the right thing to do. Sticking with someone just for the sake of it even if they are not the answer is silly.

How long do you want to give a player in first grade the number 7 before you can drop him? Wouldn’t you rather do it In round 3 rather then round 16
Not pissed about Wakeham, pissed about Barrett. No commitment to his plan. You don’t spend months planning a strategy and then tear it apart in 2 games when its 1 and 1 and could have been 2-0.

We beat the Cowboys who are smacking the Broncs arse and we should have easily beat the Broncs with the chances we created.

Barrett is coaching like a bloke trying to save his job already, sad….Fucking myth.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not pissed about Wakeham, pissed about Barrett. No commitment to his plan. You don’t spend months planning a strategy and then tear it apart in 2 games when its 1 and 1 and could have been 2-0.

We beat the Cowboys who are smacking the Broncs arse and we should have easily beat the Broncs with the chances we created.

Barrett is coaching like a bloke trying to save his job already, sad….Fucking myth.
He put faith in the players and they let him down. That defense was embarrassing, it was reserve grade standard and Barrett had every right to drop them.

Every one can have an off game but that whole edge defensively was exposed so badly teams will just rip them apart.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He put faith in the players and they let him down. That defense was embarrassing, it was reserve grade standard and Barrett had every right to drop them.

Every one can have an off game but that whole edge defensively was exposed so badly teams will just rip them apart.
?? rubbish. How many points have we conceded so far in total? Barrett is gutless.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
?? rubbish. How many points have we conceded so far in total? Barrett is gutless.
You are watching a different game if you don't think that defense was reserve grade standard. You can't just look at stats of total points, it's the manner how we conceded and which edge the tries were let in.

Addo-Carr & Naden were dragging Staggs into touch, the clowns on the other edge made Farnworth look like prime Inglis

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are watching a different game if you don't think that defense was reserve grade standard. You can't just look at stats of total points, it's the manner how we conceded and which edge the tries were let in.

Addo-Carr & Naden were dragging Staggs into touch, the clowns on the other edge made Farnworth look like prime Inglis
14 point in 2 games, 7.5 per game. Yep we look at different things. Barrett is nowhere.