Opinion How long will Averillo last at 7?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
What is their to be shocked about Avo being dropped?

Trent stuffed up by putting him in HB to start the season....

If Trent wants to turn him into a FB he needs to send him to NSW Cup to ply his trade, along with BBO

Kids are still fresh and have been thrown into the wildfire way too early and obviously Covid has alot to do with it.

Anyways kudos to Trent for doing this now and not in Round 20
Lets be honest, how much is their really in it between Wakeham, Averillo and Flanagan as halves, very little.

If I had to rank them at the moment based on NSW cup performances (which is where they all belong) Averillo has probably proved the most because of his running game. We have f all options unfortuantely, shifting the three in and out of the team based on who is in the best form is probably our only option.

Either way we should be playing through Burton and Dufty 80% of the time.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really hope Wakeham delivers today otherwise it’s just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets be honest, how much is their really in it between Wakeham, Averillo and Flanagan as halves, very little.

If I had to rank them at the moment based on NSW cup performances (which is where they all belong) Averillo has probably proved the most because of his running game. We have f all options unfortuantely, shifting the three in and out of the team based on who is in the best form is probably our only option.

Wakeham & Flanagan are halfbacks and Averillo is not...

Trent has chosen Wakeham now, so Wakeham should see the seaspn at #7 barring injuries, suspension or really bad form...

btw we should be playing through 1,6 & 7 if we want to be contenders in the future

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Massive difference....

What running game exactly? His dummy and go which can be seen from Gus' drone from the Sutherland Shire

Averillo should never of started the season at #7...Trent was loyal to the kid and unfortunately he has not improved one bit

No room for him in the 17 and he needs to go to Cup and work on his game in a different position

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Wakeham & Flanagan are halfbacks and Averillo is not...

Trent has chosen Wakeham now, so Wakeham should see the seaspn at #7 barring injuries, suspension or really bad form...

btw we should be playing through 1,6 & 7 if we want to be contenders in the future
Nobody believes Wakeham is a halfback, his best games have been in the 6 jersey.

You will witness once again how average he is at first grade level today, people seem to have short memories.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nobody believes Wakeham is a halfback, his best games have been in the 6 jersey.

You will witness once again how average he is at first grade level today, people seem to have short memories.
None of our options are the answer tbh, we just need the best person to support Burton.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score

You dont believe he is a halfback, so dont speak for everyone on the kennel

It's obvious you have a hate for the kid so there isno sense debating with you

Enjoy the game bud

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defensively he isn’t. But overall attacking he is better than Schoupp. Schoupp can at least make a tackle. Can’t read the play but he’ll make a tackle where Averillo doesn’t put his body on the line and make contact. But if I’m gonna back one of the two to beat a player one on one is Averillo

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Defensively he isn’t. But overall attacking he is better than Schoupp. Schoupp can at least make a tackle. Can’t read the play but he’ll make a tackle where Averillo doesn’t put his body on the line and make contact. But if I’m gonna back one of the two to beat a player one on one is Averillo
Yeah Avo needs to toughen up defensively.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of either but when you're desperate, you're desperate.
Just the experience. He was the biggest journeyman. He was the Ryan Fitzpatrick of the NRL. BUT the experience would’ve been invaluable. He wouldn’t let bullshit creep into our end of set plays.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know what sucks more - Avo, or the fact I wasn’t picked to replace him.
Well if you managed to keep your opinions to yourself instead of calling the coach a fuckwit in front of everyone then maybe you might have been considered...

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
You dont believe he is a halfback, so dont speak for everyone on the kennel

It's obvious you have a hate for the kid so there isno sense debating with you

Enjoy the game bud
Nah don't hate him at all, he is just not that good.

In NSW Cup Round 1 & 2 he had;

1 forced drop out
2 try assists
0 line break assists

Flanagan in the same games had

2 forced drop outs
3 try assists
3 line break assists

So based on the first two games Flanagan has looked like more of a halfback than Wakeham. Flanagan also compliments Burton's game more too, problem is Barrett is off him.

This is not to say that Flanagan is any good either, just comparing shit with shit.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah don't hate him at all, he is just not that good.

In NSW Cup Round 1 & 2 he had;

1 forced drop out
2 try assists
0 line break assists

Flanagan in the same games had

2 forced drop outs
3 try assists
3 line break assists

So based on the first two games Flanagan has looked like more of a halfback than Wakeham. Flanagan also compliments Burton's game more too, problem is Barrett is off him.

This is not to say that Flanagan is any good either, just comparing shit with shit.
Well we can’t do much can we. We can only pick with what we have. So who would you pick to play 7? I would’ve started the year with Wakeham personally cause he can make a tackle and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty. The other two are cats in defence.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly that bro

Burton is the king pin we just need one of the other muppets that play 7 to nail their assignment
That's it, and if they give early ball, our decoys and centres need to be crafty or explosive

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Well we can’t do much can we. We can only pick with what we have. So who would you pick to play 7? I would’ve started the year with Wakeham personally cause he can make a tackle and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty. The other two are cats in defence.
As I mentioned early in the thread you just go with who is in the best form at the time and play through Burton and Dufty who are capable passers with a degree of vision