How good is Luke Thompson

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, I think you may be right !
Have you heard any whispers on the Daryl Clark situation?
Maybe thommo can have a cheeky word in their language to get him here.

Tripehound

New Pup
Reaction score
If the Dogs want to bolster the pack with a top class young prop or two it would be prudent to enquire about the availability of; Matty Lees (St Helens) the nearest thing I've seen to a young Adrian Morley and made for this era. Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds) ferociously powerful, big engine. Ethan Havard (Wigan) tough as teak, hard worker, good hands. All three are snarlers, early 20's and future England caps.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I notice he gets compared to Graham a lot.
I’m not sure that’s apt.
Graham was hard nosed and a ferocious pit bull.

someoen who just kept coming at you with Aggro.

Thompson’s a different beast. He’s fit and has explosive power (and yes aggression too).

Luckily that’s perfect for the modern game.

Take the English connection out I think Thompson is better compared to a Sonny Bill, JT, or Mason!

Question is, is he living up to the ‘best prop in the world’ tag?
That tag was given to him by his coach and propping partner. The Aussie media then decide to run with it.

Atm, I consider JFH as the best prop in the game. The thing is, all the top props in good teams have other good middles and gun second rowers, not to mention they have great hookers bringing them on to the ball.

We have none of that lol. The moment we get a few more pieces to the forward pack watch this guy go to another level.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the Dogs want to bolster the pack with a top class young prop or two it would be prudent to enquire about the availability of; Matty Lees (St Helens) the nearest thing I've seen to a young Adrian Morley and made for this era. Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds) ferociously powerful, big engine. Ethan Havard (Wigan) tough as teak, hard worker, good hands. All three are snarlers, early 20's and future England caps.
Thanks for the heads up about the next English guys coming through. There's so much talent over there and this is the best generation England have had in thirty odd years so we need to keep recruiting from the ESL like Canberra have..

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we sign few more top notch middles, then we will see what he can really do.

The top teams do it as a pack, he needs help.
Yep 100% agree, he will be even more effective with some better players around him. Hopefully we get to see that change over the next 12-18 months & enjoy it for many years to come!

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I notice he gets compared to Graham a lot.
I’m not sure that’s apt.
Graham was hard nosed and a ferocious pit bull.

someoen who just kept coming at you with Aggro.

Thompson’s a different beast. He’s fit and has explosive power (and yes aggression too).

Luckily that’s perfect for the modern game.

Take the English connection out I think Thompson is better compared to a Sonny Bill, JT, or Mason!

Question is, is he living up to the ‘best prop in the world’ tag?
They are both English props forwards that have come from St Helens. The End
The worlds best prop, not yet !

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I notice Thompson is spoken about here the way Jacko was when I signed up in 2016.
The kennel never saod a bad work of Jackson in 2016. And Tk is feral AF.
The kennel makes me laugh, honestly some of the people on here are hilarious including you. You ozzies say it as it is, you definitely don’t hold back when you have something to say.
Beastmode my favourite even though he did upset me last year, I’ve forgiven him now that I know he’s a LFC fan

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got a man crush and going on and on about Thompson LOL.....but to "the best prop in the game " comment.

A small sample size, I know, but check his stats to the ones that we and the media regard as the best props in the game, and they stand up.

So as long as he plays like this week in, week out and we get the poor bugger some help I see no reason why he can't actually be the best prop in the world.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Your 100% correct, you’ve missed one out though 20 year Morgan Smithies at Wigan Warriors, he’s a handful, then again he’s from Halifax say no more !

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The kennel makes me laugh, honestly some of the people on here are hilarious including you. You ozzies say it as it is, you definitely don’t hold back when you have something to say.
Beastmode my favourite even though he did upset me last year, I’ve forgiven him now that I know he’s a LFC fan
Let's not mention Liverpool right now...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bulldogs and Liverpool, I can’t cope, need the fans back in The Kop ASAP
My local team also sucks haha. Liverpool should at least bounce back reasonably quick next season so it's a little easier to cope with even though we're BAD and literally throwing games away.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me I watch St Helens and Matty Lees is an average forward in super league, never mKe it in the Nrl

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about the next English guys coming through. There's so much talent over there and this is the best generation England have had in thirty odd years so we need to keep recruiting from the ESL like Canberra have..
Whoa dawg
A6DFEA12-B7CB-4F50-84B5-D116E890CB26.jpeg
This is NOT at all the best generation the ESL has produced.

Dont get me wrong, I’ve been the biggest advocate of going to England for talent since the day I joined this forum.
Whilst y’all be getting ladyboners and manboners for places like the Cook Islands and Fiji. I’ve been saying the answer has been in England all along. It’s the logical choice. More players, more league culture. Numbers.

but the popularity of the game in the north of England has been eroding steadily for a few years now.
they could only get 20 million for their last tv deal and a few clubs are collapsing.
The player pool has held up well in spite of this but the nineties England could beat Australia 1/3 times, now it’s almost impossible. The gulf is getting bigger.

what you may be noticing though is since the salary cap has gone from 4 mil in 2012 to 9.6 mil today, that the marquee talent won’t go to England the way they used too, and more English talent are inclined to cash in going this way yo. The Benjamin’s talks bro. Bling bling skeet skeet grey goose on tha rocks at IVY with girls with titties (fake ones) all around.
Appealing for a footy player in Warrington and that.

If the same structure and salary cap gulf was setup 15 years ago we would have more poms here straight out.
But back then, cash was higher in England. Not these days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whoa dawg
View attachment 23520
This is NOT at all the best generation the ESL has produced.

Dont get me wrong, I’ve been the biggest advocate of going to England for talent since the day I joined this forum.
Whilst y’all be getting ladyboners and manboners for places like the Cook Islands and Fiji. I’ve been saying the answer has been in England all along. It’s the logical choice. More players, more league culture. Numbers.

but the popularity of the game in the north of England has been eroding steadily for a few years now.
they could only get 20 million for their last tv deal and a few clubs are collapsing.
The player pool has held up well in spite of this but the nineties England could beat Australia 1/3 times, now it’s almost impossible. The gulf is getting bigger.

what you may be noticing though is since the salary cap has gone from 4 mil in 2012 to 9.6 mil today, that the marquee talent won’t go to England the way they used too, and more English talent are inclined to cash in going this way yo. The Benjamin’s talks bro. Bling bling skeet skeet grey goose on tha rocks at IVY with girls with titties (fake ones) all around.
Appealing for a footy player in Warrington and that.

If the same structure and salary cap gulf was setup 15 years ago we would have more poms here straight out.
But back then, cash was higher in England. Not these days.
Name me a better batch of players from the last 20-30 years than Bateman, Widdop, Hodgson, Graham, Burgess, Sutton, Whitehead, Williams, Thompson, Farnworth etc? Not to mention Clark, Roby and others that haven't came over..

There were great players like Morley, Ellis etc in years past but never this much depth across the board.

Not since the Ellery Hanley era where the Great Britain teams used to beat or threaten Australia regularly have they had this much talent.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha thanks cuz.
Poms, aussies and arabs getting along. If only the bulldogs was a global brand we could have avoided
The Iraq war.
Can you get Luke to praise me on tv?
Maybe mid week media with that Turner bloke or post game next MOTM on fox.
Shout out to you too and we can share the thunder because Nasheed is fair and not selfish with the praise.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah he looks the goods. He is built like the proverbial brick shithouse and those skinny legs that everyone was going on about last year have gone:grinning: He is a powerhouse, no doubt. My hope is that we recruit 2 more front rowers that give us good go forward to support him and I think Thommo will go to the next level (as will our team).

He is the leader of the pack, no doubt