How good is Luke Thompson

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tommo= fucking legend.The more minutes he plays the more games we will win.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY TO LUKE! Your very first birthday celebration here in Oz and we hope you will be celebrating many more birthdays with our club! What a great week to continue celebrating your special day! I hope they gave you an easy training session today being your birthday ( but just for today!) lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate I reckon these two will feed off each other. Give them more games together and let’s see what happens. Both Agro, fit blokes that play hard
Yh but one is actually good and the other isn't.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And he has been suspended for almost half that much already. Give me Renouf over him every day of the week, especially when Hetherington is on double the wage.
Well we don’t know what either are being paid but I’d prefer the younger hetherington. Atoni been given loads of games at the club and he hasn’t had one standout game.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Your 100% correct, you’ve missed one out though 20 year Morgan Smithies at Wigan Warriors, he’s a handful, then again he’s from Halifax say no more !
How about David Foggin Johnson any good?

Good name haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well we don’t know what either are being paid but I’d prefer the younger hetherington. Atoni been given loads of games at the club and he hasn’t had one standout game.
Hetherington is apparently on 400k per season with Penrith chipping in 100k for this season. Renouf I don't know and can only guess but I doubt he's on more than 200k?

Renouf has struggled to transition to the NRL but he is finally doing so now and imo has outplayed Hetherington and is continuing to improve. His motor has also improved massively and his putting out similar numbers to Hetherington (who people claim is super fit) despite playing 9 minutes less per game. He's also missing less tackles, making less errors and conceding less penalties than Hetherington.

At the end of the day there isn't a huge difference between the two, both are bench players right now and should be paid according to that. Renouf is only a year older, improving and looks to be more reliable while Hetherington isn't really doing anything different to what he previously did. Hetherington seems to be living off the hype from that game against the Roosters, literally did nothing that game other than square up to JWH.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair if I recall last year he was playing very limited minutes in most games. He was never really given a fair go under both Pay and Georgalas. Since he has been coached under TB, he is looking much fitter and playing a lot more minutes and he is playing better and better in every game. Imo Renouf has been one of the most improved players especially with his defence. I noticed he had already played approx. 40 mins and TB bought him back on when the noose was getting tighter around our necks in the end minutes as he is one of our best defenders.