News How Bulldogs twerk for Panther to go from basket case to contenders... and they’re not done yet

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Needs a bulldog behind it twerking but this is our new identity according to opposition fans

Wat..it was clearly a pisstake. Were u drunk?? chill daddy chill
Most sane Bulldogsteve sentence

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs a bulldog behind it twerking but this is our new identity according to opposition fans

Wat..it was clearly a pisstake. Were u drunk?? chill daddy chill
Winners are grinners.....it's not our fault Belmore has become a magnet / favourite destination for top shelf talent. Where was all this jealousy when we were signing fringe first graders on rediculous money? Jealousy is a curse, envy's a sin the more the oposition supporters, clubs and media whinge and cry the bigger my grin :grinning: I love my Doggies :hearteyes:

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Winners are grinners.....it's not our fault Belmore has become a magnet / favourite destination for top shelf talent. Where was all this jealousy when we were signing fringe first graders on rediculous money? Jealousy is a curse, envy's a sin the more the oposition supporters, clubs and media whinge and cry the bigger my grin :grinning: I love my Doggies :hearteyes:
They can't handle it now that the bulldogs are going to be contenders.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's going back a bit far for the dickhead media, they cant remember what they wrote last week, forget the late eighties. You are right though, signing Tunks, Kelly & Mortimer was the catalyst to us becoming competitive. I still rate Mortimer as one of our top 5 signings for what he bought over. (I'm not counting Gus as he was ours before he ever darkened the door at Belmore)

The big difference between what Gus is doing for you as opposed to us is the quality of the signings. It's got fuck all to do with money as the cap is what it is. For us it was Whare, Ciraldo, Newton, Sika Manu to start, then additions like Soward, bringing Wallace home etc. All from successful systems, but hardly Marquee. I think he is going for a quicker fix there, partly because he aint getting any younger & probably couldn't stand Rothfield banging on about another "5 year plan"

To be fair it's probably easier for him to sell the Dogs even at how shit you have been lately, compared to what we were back when he arrived. We had a few short lived glory years, but hardly a glamour club. You guys have history and periods of sustained success on your side.

It's a boom or bust strategy imo. I'm a bit torn on how I hope it plays out tbh. Part of me hopes it works out and you guys get back up the ladder, I hold no ill will to Gus or any other ex Panthers now in Blue & White as they all earned every cent they ever got from us. Also the majority of the fans on here seem like good people, so it's kind of natural to hope good things for you. The other part of me hopes it's a spectacular failure, just because, Fuck off and stop poaching our players and staff. It's irrational, because if it's not the Dogs it's somewhere else as we can't keep em all. But that is part of the tribal nature that makes this sport great. It's fun to have someone to hate, even for 5 minutes until sanity kicks back

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty sure rothfield interviewed Dally Messenger about why he was thinking of moving from union to league.
Hard to say its boom or bust strategy when Gus is signing so many young blokes.The pathway system he implemented at penrith seems to me ,to be a reasonable blueprint for success, and we have to spend 95% of the cap annually anyway.It may take time until the pathway system works at Canterbury, but it makes no sense at all to chase people from NSW cup til then does it ?
No need to thank us for the players you got from us in the 80s to help you win your first comp, or for belting the shit out of the roosters so you could win your second or to Gus for creating a system for your juniors to transition to first grade for your current success . . . We know it was unlikely to happen without the mighty Bulldogs
There has been no poaching. Every player the bulldogs have got from the panthers has been off contract. And it's the players decision not the fans. Most of those players can't get a starting spot at the Panthers. All off the people complaining would do the same thing. A lot of really jealous people on here. And why are there non Bulldogs supporters on this forum.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought John Ribot had a lot to do with settong up proto Melbourne and Chris Anderson had a lot to do with them also.
You're technically right, however from the backing of Ken Cowley of News Limited.

Remember Chris Anderson was the Son in Law of the great P.MOORE who was the blue print.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There has been no poaching. Every player the bulldogs have got from the panthers has been off contract. And it's the players decision not the fans. Most of those players can't get a starting spot at the Panthers. All off the people complaining would do the same thing. A lot of really jealous people on here. And why are there non Bulldogs supporters on this forum.
Who is complaining? Most Panthers fans while disappointed understand it's a fact of life. The discussion is just that, it's worth talking about, not every discussion is a whinge. The whinge narrative is driven by the media. I dont begrudge any player or coach doing what they feel is best for them financially or whatever other reason. They aint robots made for our entertainment.

As for why you have non Dogs fans here, I can only speak for myself, but it's a good forum. A lot of good discussion on subjects that affect my club, most of the posters are civil if an opposition fan is being respectful even when there is a bit of banter & your lounge forum is great, one of the best off topic forums I've come across anywhere. Plus your resident lunatics are entertaining, you guys really need more Nasheed.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus or the Bulldogs have not confirmed Crichton has signed, everyone on the Kennel were saying months ago that Hooper was full of shit now they all believe him, lets wait for confirmation from Gus.
I read it in a news article, apparently confirmed for 24!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats all he will ever be a fill in
Have we even trained with anyone else at halfback?I'm sure we have but I haven't seen anyone mention it anywhere and I'm getting worried :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ha ha, I used to find him amusing, not being on here for as long or regularly as most of you probably helps. @Flanagun does a decent job of filling the void.
Thanks Fam. The ‘gun might not be around much longer if pinko commie Stalinist’s on this forum keep censoring him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't be upset at all if we get Moses. But fuck me I want Flanno to be successful, kid tries hard... Doesn't deserve shit like this on social media, especially when fox claimed to be worried about his mental health the dogs.
Under performing players equally deserve respect as well performing players, one exception if a player disrespects the club by any means on or off the field...We treat them like Gods when playing good and abuse them when they are not :frowning:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought John Ribot had a lot to do with settong up proto Melbourne and Chris Anderson had a lot to do with them also.
The three had different input into the Storm, all did benefit for supporting News Ltd during the super league war...
They all were handsomely rewarded !!!