News How Bulldogs twerk for Panther to go from basket case to contenders... and they’re not done yet

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just read that Steven joins us 24, absolutely awesome news.. always loved the speed an agility of this guy. Said it couple of years back that I want him in the blue and white. Fuck yea Chrichton !!! Now Moses an we will carve up, be unstoppable!!

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just read that Steven joins us 24, absolutely awesome news.. always loved the speed an agility of this guy. Said it couple of years back that I want him in the blue and white. Fuck yea Chrichton !!! Now Moses an we will carve up, be unstoppable!!
Gus or the Bulldogs have not confirmed Crichton has signed, everyone on the Kennel were saying months ago that Hooper was full of shit now they all believe him, lets wait for confirmation from Gus.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too right.
The bleating from penrith is becoming tiresome, they have the biggest junior base in the world and have had success . . . Wtf . . . did they think they could keep 100s of first grade players in a warehouse until they were ready to use them ? . . . Wankers . . . If having so many juniors is so very difficult . . . Encourage the Nrl reallocate your massive junior base you sooky *****

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh agree, that article was written purely to advance the ridiculous “Bulldogs Panthers” narrative and increase internet clicks. The Journos have utterly nothing more creative or interesting to contribute.
No wonder Mark St John is fictitious. No credible sports journo (does one still exist?) would want to put his/her name to it!!
Gus has just used his existing successful model and strategy to rebuild the Bulldogs, similar as he successfully did at the Panthers.
I believe he will do this whole exercise far more quickly here, as he has likely learnt from any past mistakes and does not have anyone at the Dogs running interference to his plans.
So far outcomes look great and we look well on track. Just an organising half to steer our boys around the field is still needed. Might have to wait until 2024 for that.
Couldn’t agree more and fyi, I don’t really know if Mark St. John is made up lol. But even if he’s real no one knows him. He’s just like “staff writers”.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funny how the narrative from the media mentions nothing about penrith winning no premierships ever before signing former Bulldogs premiership winning players
That's going back a bit far for the dickhead media, they cant remember what they wrote last week, forget the late eighties. You are right though, signing Tunks, Kelly & Mortimer was the catalyst to us becoming competitive. I still rate Mortimer as one of our top 5 signings for what he bought over. (I'm not counting Gus as he was ours before he ever darkened the door at Belmore)

The big difference between what Gus is doing for you as opposed to us is the quality of the signings. It's got fuck all to do with money as the cap is what it is. For us it was Whare, Ciraldo, Newton, Sika Manu to start, then additions like Soward, bringing Wallace home etc. All from successful systems, but hardly Marquee. I think he is going for a quicker fix there, partly because he aint getting any younger & probably couldn't stand Rothfield banging on about another "5 year plan"

To be fair it's probably easier for him to sell the Dogs even at how shit you have been lately, compared to what we were back when he arrived. We had a few short lived glory years, but hardly a glamour club. You guys have history and periods of sustained success on your side.

It's a boom or bust strategy imo. I'm a bit torn on how I hope it plays out tbh. Part of me hopes it works out and you guys get back up the ladder, I hold no ill will to Gus or any other ex Panthers now in Blue & White as they all earned every cent they ever got from us. Also the majority of the fans on here seem like good people, so it's kind of natural to hope good things for you. The other part of me hopes it's a spectacular failure, just because, Fuck off and stop poaching our players and staff. It's irrational, because if it's not the Dogs it's somewhere else as we can't keep em all. But that is part of the tribal nature that makes this sport great. It's fun to have someone to hate, even for 5 minutes until sanity kicks back in.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The bleating from penrith is becoming tiresome, they have the biggest junior base in the world and have had success . . . Wtf . . . did they think they could keep 100s of first grade players in a warehouse until they were ready to use them ? . . . Wankers . . . If having so many juniors is so very difficult . . . Encourage the Nrl reallocate your massive junior base you sooky *****
Mate it's more News Crap than the Panties :laughing:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's going back a bit far for the dickhead media, they cant remember what they wrote last week, forget the late eighties. You are right though, signing Tunks, Kelly & Mortimer was the catalyst to us becoming competitive. I still rate Mortimer as one of our top 5 signings for what he bought over. (I'm not counting Gus as he was ours before he ever darkened the door at Belmore)

The big difference between what Gus is doing for you as opposed to us is the quality of the signings. It's got fuck all to do with money as the cap is what it is. For us it was Whare, Ciraldo, Newton, Sika Manu to start, then additions like Soward, bringing Wallace home etc. All from successful systems, but hardly Marquee. I think he is going for a quicker fix there, partly because he aint getting any younger & probably couldn't stand Rothfield banging on about another "5 year plan"

To be fair it's probably easier for him to sell the Dogs even at how shit you have been lately, compared to what we were back when he arrived. We had a few short lived glory years, but hardly a glamour club. You guys have history and periods of sustained success on your side.

It's a boom or bust strategy imo. I'm a bit torn on how I hope it plays out tbh. Part of me hopes it works out and you guys get back up the ladder, I hold no ill will to Gus or any other ex Panthers now in Blue & White as they all earned every cent they ever got from us. Also the majority of the fans on here seem like good people, so it's kind of natural to hope good things for you. The other part of me hopes it's a spectacular failure, just because, Fuck off and stop poaching our players and staff. It's irrational, because if it's not the Dogs it's somewhere else as we can't keep em all. But that is part of the tribal nature that makes this sport great. It's fun to have someone to hate, even for 5 minutes until sanity kicks back in.
Pretty sure rothfield interviewed Dally Messenger about why he was thinking of moving from union to league.
Hard to say its boom or bust strategy when Gus is signing so many young blokes.The pathway system he implemented at penrith seems to me ,to be a reasonable blueprint for success, and we have to spend 95% of the cap annually anyway.It may take time until the pathway system works at Canterbury, but it makes no sense at all to chase people from NSW cup til then does it ?
No need to thank us for the players you got from us in the 80s to help you win your first comp, or for belting the shit out of the roosters so you could win your second or to Gus for creating a system for your juniors to transition to first grade for your current success . . . We know it was unlikely to happen without the mighty Bulldogs

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone notice that from 2024 three quarters of our spine all wear headgear....nice :grinning:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who the fuck would any of posts, how the fuck this pest isnt banned or stopped from posting astounds me

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
View attachment 63961Flanno looking at this like awwwww :( lol
I won't be upset at all if we get Moses. But fuck me I want Flanno to be successful, kid tries hard... Doesn't deserve shit like this on social media, especially when fox claimed to be worried about his mental health the dogs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I won't be upset at all if we get Moses. But fuck me I want Flanno to be successful, kid tries hard... Doesn't deserve shit like this on social media, especially when fox claimed to be worried about his mental health the dogs.
Everything they right is for clicks, so they will always contradict themselves