How Bulldogs’ Ciraldo coup could trigger Panthers raid as $6m bidding war looms

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree 100% with the way it stands id be going to haas/tapine with a blank cheque and whoever we can get is the prop leader.

I’d do the same with Munster and if we missed him manu/latrell/sualii I’d go extremely hard at.

Ideally haas and Munster for 24. Yep probz cost us 2.3mil+ but with the 7.5 whatever space I’d build around that rather than pay Thompson 800k and Crichton 800k with flano and Allen eating 1mil. Replace them with kids!

Pack lead by haas tpj kikau rfm is excellent. We would have cap space to add decent players around still.

With a spine of Munster, burton and Mahoney we have an elite spine with one position to fill. Though those 3 with that pack with guys like fox kiraz locked in for 2 and alomiti skel coming through schoup and burns being serviceable for now we are built for success.
I sense Gus is definitely up to something special, the question is what ?
If we look carefully we see he is getting the roster prepared for some great additions by clearing the expensive but replaceable players by cheaper alternatives, therefore we should be excited in anticipation of 2-3 extraordinary additions...
What combination can we afford
1 Averillo / Munster / Crichton
7 Flanagan / Hastings / Moses
8 Thompson / Haas / Leniu

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sense Gus is definitely up to something special, the question is what ?
If we look carefully we see he is getting the roster prepared for some great additions by clearing the expensive but replaceable players by cheaper alternatives, therefore we should be excited in anticipation of 2-3 extraordinary additions...
What combination can we afford
1 Averillo / Munster / Crichton
7 Flanagan / Hastings / Moses
8 Thompson / Haas / Leniu
1. Munster is the only extraordinary name on that list
7. Moses is the only extraordinary name on that list
8. Haas is the only extraordinary name on that list
I'd be happy with that

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Munster is the only extraordinary name on that list
7. Moses is the only extraordinary name on that list
8. Haas is the only extraordinary name on that list
I'd be happy with that
We could only hope :-)

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I would love us to snag Kade Dykes as a fullback & Ben Hunt would fucking rock with our roster too

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The player to go for is Joseph Suaalii to fill our football position. He is sitting behind Tedesco and won't get to play in his favourite position for at least six more years at the Roosters. The problem here is I'm sure Gould and Uncle Nick have an agreement not to poach each other's players. I have no doubt Suaalii would be interested but could Gould risk his friendships at Roosters is another matter? But as we always hear, it's business and I think Gould has to put the Bulldog's before any personal relationships.

Don't know how long Suaalii is signed for at the Roosters? Anyone?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The player to go for is Joseph Suaalii to fill our football position. He is sitting behind Tedesco and won't get to play in his favourite position for at least six more years at the Roosters. The problem here is I'm sure Gould and Uncle Nick have an agreement not to poach each other's players. I have no doubt Suaalii would be interested but could Gould risk his friendships at Roosters is another matter? But as we always hear, it's business and I think Gould has to put the Bulldog's before any personal relationships.
6 years, is Tedesco going to play until he is 36?

Joseph Suaali is signed for this year only and has Player Options for 2023 and 2024.
But his father was signed by Politis for 10 years.

Always a Bulldog

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Suaali is a freak, he’s The Rock Star but doubt he’s going anywhere anytime soon.

For the $$$ involved, I wouldn’t want any of the players mentioned, I’d love it if Ciraldo could get Leota to bail on his contract a year earlier, he’s a great unheralded meter-eater.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it called a raid if the players are off contract? I’d consider it just normal recruitment [emoji23]

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 years, is Tedesco going to play until he is 36?

Joseph Suaali is signed for this year only and has Player Options for 2023 and 2024.
But his father was signed by Politis for 10 years.

Always a Bulldog
Tedesco is 29 and can play til 35 like some. He has the physical attributes to do so. Even if it's 3-4 yrs, he shouldn't have to be held back because he is sitting behind arguably the best player in the world? He has the maturity and player talent well above most at his age. All I'm saying is dangle the carrot and he may be entised to play his favourite position sooner rather than later and get fullback money.

Thanks for the contact info.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tedesco is 29 and can play til 35 like some. He has the physical attributes to do so. Even if it's 3-4 yrs, he shouldn't have to be held back because he is sitting behind arguably the best player in the world? He has the maturity and player talent well above most at his age. All I'm saying is dangle the carrot and he may be entised to play his favourite position sooner rather than later and get fullback money.
Tedesco turns 30 in January, his current contract extends to the end of 2024. With the type of game he plays I seriously doubt that being 32 at the start of the season in 2025 that he will play more than 1 or 2 years past that.

I'm not convinced that Suaalli has the stamina to play 80 minutes at fullback currently and won't have for maybe another 1 or 2 years. He also has to learn how to defend at fullback and also marshal the other players in defence. That's also not a 1 year learning exercise.

Thanks for the contact info.
You're welcome.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't care about Panthers players, just buy what we need and develop our own players too. Don't bring panthers players across in positions we don't need just because there's a connection.

I can't wait until we're out of this mess and other clubs are looking at us as a powerhouse again.

Number18

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really don't care about Panthers players, just buy what we need and develop our own players too. Don't bring panthers players across in positions we don't need just because there's a connection.

I can't wait until we're out of this mess and other clubs are looking at us as a powerhouse again.
Eg:
Other Crichton, dallen what the fuck of the rest of his name is, waddel, tbaz.
Moses leota though, way better than stimson, rfm, before mentioned waddel

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eg:
Other Crichton, dallen what the fuck of the rest of his name is, waddel, tbaz.
Moses leota though, way better than stimson, rfm, before mentioned waddel
Even Naden, why the fuck did we sign him. I think Ciraldo is smarter than t-bags though and won't sign players just because it's easy and there's a connection.

Number18

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even Naden, why the fuck did we sign him. I think Ciraldo is smarter than t-bags though and won't sign players just because it's easy and there's a connection.
Yeah forgot about him, easily forgotten.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tedesco turns 30 in January, his current contract extends to the end of 2024. With the type of game he plays I seriously doubt that being 32 at the start of the season in 2025 that he will play more than 1 or 2 years past that.

I'm not convinced that Suaalli has the stamina to play 820 minutes at fullback currently and won't have for maybe another 1 or 2 years. He also has to learn how to defend at fullback and also marshal the other players in defence. That's also not a 1 year learning exercise.

You're welcome.

Always a Bulldog
Very true he can’t play 820 minutes

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt sign any of those players at that price. Martin is not worth that money. Crighton and Too have the talent but I dont think they would bring stability to the team

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want any more Penrith players you need to pay them overs to leave same as good players from other clubs. We need to invest heavily into development of juniors if we want to be a force in the future.