How Bulldogs’ Ciraldo coup could trigger Panthers raid as $6m bidding war looms

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Brian To'o and Spencer Lenui for sure.

Liam Martin and Stephen Crichton are overrated.

Last edited:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To’o and JAC on the wings, top 2 wingers in the comp in Doggies colours doesn’t sound to bad.

Taking Crichton and to’o plus Burton and chuck in Ciraldo ( if he’s good ) Penrith fans will be absolutely fuming. Sort of the key concerns such as an adequate Vaughen replacement and impact bench foward before we look to splash money on luxury players. Need a halfback for 23 if we’re looking to compete with top sides and there’s questions around Averillo but there’s a player there just doesn’t seem to have the confidence time will tell. Certainly wouldn’t complain if we took To’o just to see Penrith fans sook.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To’o and JAC on the wings, top 2 wingers in the comp in Doggies colours doesn’t sound to bad.

Taking Crichton and to’o plus Burton and chuck in Ciraldo ( if he’s good ) Penrith fans will be absolutely fuming. Sort of the key concerns such as an adequate Vaughen replacement and impact bench foward before we look to splash money on luxury players. Need a halfback for 23 if we’re looking to compete with top sides and there’s questions around Averillo but there’s a player there just doesn’t seem to have the confidence time will tell. Certainly wouldn’t complain if we took To’o just to see Penrith fans sook.
Forgot to mention Crichton ain’t worth the alledged price tag overrated in some areas for me and most would excell in that Penrith side. Would be a risk signing him at such a high price his an athlete just not a 700k one.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs 2024

1 Stephen Crichton
2 JAC
3 Aaron Schoupp
4 Jacob Kiraz
5 Brian To'o
6 Matt Burton
7 Jackson Hastings
8 Spencer Leniu
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 Liam Martin
13 RFM

14 Andrew Davey
15 Ryan Sutton
16 Franklin Pele
17 Max King

GONE: Luke Thompson, Josh Jackson, Corey Allan, Kyle Flanagan, Joe Stimson, Jayden Okunbor, Ava Seumanufagai, Jake Averillo, Braidon Burns, Corey Waddell, Brandon Wakeham

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We don't need any of their players at the prices that they want.

JAC & Kiraz have 2 of the 4 Wing/Centre spots sewn up. Schoupp, Alamonti, Skelton, Casey, Toia & Samrani should battle it out for the other 2 spots.

Save the money & go all in on Joseph Manu or Cameron Munster for the fullback spot. I'd give either a million a season.

I'd take Jackson Hastings at halfback.

A spine of:

1. Manu/Munster
6. Burton
7. Hastings
9. Mahoney

Can win you a comp.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Brian To'o
?
4. ?
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Mitchell Moses

Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Payne Haas (if we can't get him, then Spencer Leniu is the answer)
Villiame Kikau
12. Jeremiah Nanai
Raymond Faitala-Mariner

14. Ryan Sutton
15. Max King
16. Andrew Davey
17. Franklin Pele

OUT: Matt Doorey, Brandon Wakeham, Joe Stimson, Tui Katoa, Jayden Okunbor, Corey Waddell, Ava Seumanufagai, Corey Allan, Luke Thompson, Braidon Burns, Kyle Flanagan, Josh Jackson, Chris Patolo and Jake Averillo

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Martin? MASSIVE FKN LOL!
Speculations from the News Lies UnLtd.
The days of desperate signings are over now Gus is in control, he will sign needed players only at the right price, we will have $6 millions/25 players off contract but they fail to report that most will be retained unless of course for some strange reason they all flop.
I am predicting we will end up with one or two game breakers, who will it be ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Speculations from the News Lies UnLtd.
The days of desperate signings are over now Gus is in control, he will sign needed players only at the right price, we will have $6 millions/25 players off contract but they fail to report that most will be retained unless of course for some strange reason they all flop.
I am predicting we will end up with one or two game breakers, who will it be ?
2 out of Munster, Haas and S. Crichton. If we want to contend for a premiership we need to be signing players of that calibre. We have a really good base now that should contend for the 8.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crighton is a winger. Thats it. Not a centre, not a full back. Cost us a SOO. And it cost us a fortune tryin to turn DWZ from a winger into a fullback. It dont work. Dont rate Crighton. Inflated value cause he's surrounded by good players.
You must be joking that he is a winger...he is a centre who can play fullback....he is only 21 and would be a huge upgrade for the dogs

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs 2024

1 Stephen Crichton
2 JAC
3 Aaron Schoupp
4 Jacob Kiraz
5 Brian To'o
6 Matt Burton
7 Jackson Hastings
8 Spencer Leniu
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 Liam Martin
13 RFM

14 Andrew Davey
15 Ryan Sutton
16 Franklin Pele
17 Max King

GONE: Luke Thompson, Josh Jackson, Corey Allan, Kyle Flanagan, Joe Stimson, Jayden Okunbor, Ava Seumanufagai, Jake Averillo, Braidon Burns, Corey Waddell, Brandon Wakeham
Schoups can piss off...Skelton will play centres

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Personally would go all in for Dylan Brown, definitely can make the transition to play 7. Mahoney might influence him coming over. Brilliant defender, passing game, running game. Kicking game needs work but Burton’s also needs work. Throw money at Tapine/Haas whoever wants less money. If this cap space we have is really huge then i can see this next off season being like last years with some more signings.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree 100% with the way it stands id be going to haas/tapine with a blank cheque and whoever we can get is the prop leader.

I’d do the same with Munster and if we missed him manu/latrell/sualii I’d go extremely hard at.

Ideally haas and Munster for 24. Yep probz cost us 2.3mil+ but with the 7.5 whatever space I’d build around that rather than pay Thompson 800k and Crichton 800k with flano and Allen eating 1mil. Replace them with kids!

Pack lead by haas tpj kikau rfm is excellent. We would have cap space to add decent players around still.

With a spine of Munster, burton and Mahoney we have an elite spine with one position to fill. Though those 3 with that pack with guys like fox kiraz locked in for 2 and alomiti skel coming through schoup and burns being serviceable for now we are built for success.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Brian To'o
?
4. ?
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Mitchell Moses

Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Payne Haas (if we can't get him, then Spencer Leniu is the answer)
Villiame Kikau
12. Jeremiah Nanai
Raymond Faitala-Mariner

14. Ryan Sutton
15. Max King
16. Andrew Davey
17. Franklin Pele

OUT: Matt Doorey, Brandon Wakeham, Joe Stimson, Tui Katoa, Jayden Okunbor, Corey Waddell, Ava Seumanufagai, Corey Allan, Luke Thompson, Braidon Burns, Kyle Flanagan, Josh Jackson, Chris Patolo and Jake Averillo
Fuck me. If i had a dollar for every time you have posted a different future team list, id be a rich man!!!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a 1 or a 7 for 2023 and by 2024 we should have both in place (unless one of Avo or Flanno significantly improves). Munster or Moses would be awesome.

To compliment- we need some bangers, a prop or two in 2023 adding another in 2024 for depth.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never thought I'd be envious of the Tigers with their halves options.

To'o would be my only pick from the panthers list.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our backline is in pretty good shape. We don’t need Crighton. Avo fb fox kiraz on wings alamoti skelter in centres allan burns shoppie for depth. Spend the money on a top rated prop or two and a halfback.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Munster or Hastings and a mongrel of a prop. That’s all we need.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol, The whole comp is shitting it's self about our cap position in 24 with Gus and Ciraldo running the show, I LOVE IT, Sleep with one eye open Brandy, The dogs are having a party!! Feels so good that all of theses fkrs are starting to fear us again, Thanks Gussy:hearteyes::hearteyes:

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No to all of them

To'o would be nice, though a luxury, and not needed considering we are full in the outside backs

Munsterrrrrrrr