News 'How bad do yers want it?': Addo-Carr reveals how Gus put rocket under Bulldogs in midweek rev-up

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next 2 games are VERY winnable. Playing teams 14 and 16. If we win them both we might just avoid the spoon
We can only improve I think we have the cattle for improvement. Just aiming at small improvements like first game for more than 20 points little efforts I think that is where they are headed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the winger is captain of the team. I'd prefer it to be a back anyway
Well it does because they're usually further away from the action and it's harder to constantly interact with the referee. Captain is basically just a talk to referee pass anyway..

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 8 rounds in and Josh is acting like a veteran doggy. How good?

It all started last w/e with his determined run out of dummy half to open the scoring. I remember in the early rounds people criticising him, saying he's not as good as when he was at the Storm. On the contrary I reckon he's been better overall. Sure some of his performances for us haven't been great, but overall, he's getting more involved than I remember him ever doing at Storm. There they got him a lot of ball, in good attacking situations and he just had to finish them off. He's doing far more for us including great leadership and motivation. He'd take the occasional hitup for Storm, but it seems he's doing more for us and really taking ownership of that corner of the field when defending. Always encouraging Dufty and whoever his centre is. He relishes the captaincy role and I can see him keeping it when Jacko retires or leaves.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well it does because they're usually further away from the action and it's harder to constantly interact with the referee. Captain is basically just a talk to referee pass anyway..
I tend to look at it from another perspective. The winger has a better view of what's happening and more energy to talk.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I tend to look at it from another perspective. The winger has a better view of what's happening and more energy to talk.
Yh and then he has to constantly sprint across field to communicate with the ref, I don't like it. He can still be a leader and talk to players from the wing but the captain needs to be in and around the ref all game and influence him, I'd be looking at Mahoney long-term personally.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Put him at Fullback so he can organise the troops

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JAC is exactly what we have needed to get fans back to the club and in the game, my respect for him has gone up a couple of notches too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love how Fox talks as if he's been a Bulldog his whole career. He's a great leader and he plays with so much passion.. I hope he keeps the captaincy even when Jackson is back..

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the win on the weekend showed me that we really need to get rid of some dead wood in the team and its Jackson and JMK who are just out and out losers that the team would be better off without.
apparently JuNK got man of the match on the 2GB call. it is beyond me what these media personalities see in him, i think hes fucking useless