News 'How bad do yers want it?': Addo-Carr reveals how Gus put rocket under Bulldogs in midweek rev-up

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only 8 rounds in and Josh is acting like a veteran doggy. How good?

It all started last w/e with his determined run out of dummy half to open the scoring. I remember in the early rounds people criticising him, saying he's not as good as when he was at the Storm. On the contrary I reckon he's been better overall. Sure some of his performances for us haven't been great, but overall, he's getting more involved than I remember him ever doing at Storm. There they got him a lot of ball, in good attacking situations and he just had to finish them off. He's doing far more for us including great leadership and motivation. He'd take the occasional hitup for Storm, but it seems he's doing more for us and really taking ownership of that corner of the field when defending. Always encouraging Dufty and whoever his centre is. He relishes the captaincy role and I can see him keeping it when Jacko retires or leaves.
Yeah I noticed that as well. He is very vocal when the opposition is attacking towards his side of the field. From a distance it looks like he is communicating with Shoupp about positioning etc and as a result our edge defence has recently improved dramatically, as opposed to when our edge defence was a shambles.

Also kudos to Flanagan for his defence on the other side. He has been rock solid especially one on one which means others don't have to commit to helping him which leads to gaps outside. I know his attack still needs work but defensively I think he has been outstanding as he does get targeted the most

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that as well. He is very vocal when the opposition is attacking towards his side of the field. From a distance it looks like he is communicating with Shoupp about positioning etc and as a result our edge defence has recently improved dramatically, as opposed to when our edge defence was a shambles.

Also kudos to Flanagan for his defence on the other side. He has been rock solid especially one on one which means others don't have to commit to helping him which leads to gaps outside. I know his attack still needs work but defensively I think he has been outstanding as he does get targeted the most
100% ..Flanno's defence has been good. JAC has been caught out a few times, like last week with Suaali jumping over him and the week before with Cobbo getting in behind him chasing a kick, but overall he's a good defender as is Schoupp. Baz just has to keep the team the same (barring injuries) so that they can build the trust and comradery! Hopefully as they improve there'll be no need to change.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% ..Flanno's defence has been good. JAC has been caught out a few times, like last week with Suaali jumping over him and the week before with Cobbo getting in behind him chasing a kick, but overall he's a good defender as is Schoupp. Baz just has to keep the team the same (barring injuries) so that they can build the trust and comradery! Hopefully as they improve there'll be no need to change.
I don’t know wether jac is getting caught out, he shows teams the side line to get them to spread the ball and he has enough pace to either intercept or cut the player off, so the only play they have is kick over and they need to execute extremely well and have the last 2 weeks

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Couldn’t agree more about Flanagan. Roosters raided him on the weekend probably because 1. Ex teammate and 2. The game plan would’ve been to target Okunbor and his Tally-ho defence. He was up to it on the weekend and I think his positioning of troops was up to scratch. Keep him in.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the winger is captain of the team. I'd prefer it to be a back anyway
I think a big reason the C is usually a forward because I could imagine it being tough to swallow orders from someone making 5-10 tackles a game when they’re making 30+. Being told to lift energy and intensity by someone out wide when your absolutely stuffed would be hard but I think after this weekend the forwards should see it as a way to get better.