how are we all feeling today? /thoughts on the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

onceadog

Waterboy
Reaction score
lafai got 0 ball all game, that is josh's fault. our halves are a huge problem and are holding us back from winning the big one. Our halves could have done plenty last night but they didn't. They could have organised the forwards, step up on the last tackle, took control of the team, but no they did fcuk all. Instead they leave it up to graham and co to lead the side around. We will never win a comp with Reynolds/Hodko combo.[/QUOT

Agree,
Don't know if you people are old enough but awhile back we had arguably the best pack in the world, Mason , Ryan, SBW, Reni Matua, Asotasi, Omealy, Hughs and patern at FB but we had sh!t halves , Holdsworth and B Roberts only made it to the QF
We just got lucky to make the GF this year with sh!t halves and a forward pack that couldn't hold a candle to the pack just mentioned

anth2014

Waterboy
Reaction score
Our halves are not the problem...we have no speed out wide. What are our halves supposed to do when we got no strikepower to pass the ball to
Good halves demand the ball. Thurston screams for ball
Hodkinson wasnt even whispering yesterday but he was injured

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been sick as a dog, anyone know about Communist house bugging in newcastle?
Just having the first beer of the day to wash away the hangover
Thoughts? Hasler has bought some consistency and I see a few more GF's.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good halves demand the ball. Thurston screams for ball
Hodkinson wasnt even whispering yesterday but he was injured
Lol yeah, so was Reynolds.

"Injury" saves their asses from criticism.

Take out the field goals, what have our halves done?

Also have we seen the best of both of them? Are they GF winning halves?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
This loss cut a lot deeper than the loss in 2012 imo.

anth2014

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lol yeah, so was Reynolds.

"Injury" saves their asses from criticism.

Take out the field goals, what have our halves done?

Also have we seen the best of both of them? Are they GF winning halves?
Mate like I said if mick was playing. Im confident we could've won even if they had luke. It would of been orgsnised structured footy.

However even if that was the case I would not be surprised if hodkinson did go missing . Has done so many times this year. Won us big games but alot to improve

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing ok , I'm still a bit bummed that we lost another gf but was grateful we made 1.after the tits game I had written our season off. Then we fired up in the semis but couldn't get the last 1 in.(at least my kids get to see there teamin a gf and thats cool )
But im more concerned now what our future holds and it seems pretty bright, usually after a team's been in a gf or wins one the salary cap starts to dismantle that team over the next few years, yet we seem to be building. We loose ennis and brown, and thats pretty much it.but we gain lichaa, loco, rona. And maybe amother signing also.some much needed depth to our back line .Morris will be fully fit next year , lafia continues to get stronger, lyod is improving, Frank will have a full season. And hopefully a few other things fall into place. Then we have the possibility of the 3 brothers coming over. At the moment its time to grieve a bit but I can't help to be half excited om what the future holds
I'm feeling pretty depressed today. It feels really awful and empty - Dogs losing another Grand Final - our second in three years. Still very proud of our huge effort to even make it into the GF.

Also feeling really exhausted. Used up a lot of nervous energy attending the game and then I hardly slept at all last night. Just kept replaying parts of the game in my head over and over again.

My thoughts on the future? I just need to take a little while to recover from last night's result before considering what lies ahead.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our future is very bright we will feature heavily in finals for years to come. If Lichaa develops the way I hope that will add another dimension our pack is still relatively young I like Reynolds at six not sure about Hoko love his defence maybe just a little slow who knows. Lafai will continue to improve. I hear we have a young superstar halfback not sure exactly how young a few years still but by reports the next big thing. A bit of speed next year is vital to our back line.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our future is very bright we will feature heavily in finals for years to come. If Lichaa develops the way I hope that will add another dimension our pack is still relatively young I like Reynolds at six not sure about Hoko love his defence maybe just a little slow who knows. Lafai will continue to improve. I hear we have a young superstar halfback not sure exactly how young a few years still but by reports the next big thing. A bit of speed next year is vital to our back line.
You are talking about Will Kerr (please no more jokes about his brother Wayne). He has so much pressure on him and has been offered absolutely ridiculous offers from other clubs, but he and his family have chose to stay with the dogs. Hopefully he plays NYC sometime next season and the club continuws to look after him and his family.

Kiwidog77

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sad that we lost the game but proud of getting to the final since we were poor in the second half of the season bring on 2015.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Feel like some good news on the player signing front, to get over the emptiness I'm feeling since the South Sydeny wankfestival ended last night.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Feel like some good news on the player signing front, to get over the emptiness I'm feeling since the South Sydeny wankfestival ended last night.
No it didn't, still sucking Burgess' dick because he made the celebrations today with a broken cheek bone....he is such a trooper!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Instead of people looking at it as we lost 2 GFs in 3 years, how about the fact we are the only side that was in 2 of the last 3 gfs. At least we are good enough to get there. Better than being an "also ran" in the comp.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well you're an "also ran" if you lose the GF tbh

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After a very sombre and quiet drive, just got home from Sydney and can tell you feeling absolutely gutted but still mighty proud of the fact we actually got to the GF. I had high hopes when I saw the vision of the boys in the sheds before taking the field and thought to myself we are on, we can do this. Started well but then became a bit of a rabble with no real direction from our halves and poor ball security. Surprisingly though we actually had Souffs on the back foot with our defence and enthusiasm for the first 20 mins but then fumbled and bumbled our way around with dropped balls and penalties against the run of play. Try scoring opportunities were squandered as they had been in previous weeks. We were still in the game to a degree with 10 minutes to go but had an almighty fade. I felt Moses was not the answer to our dummy half plays last night. Maybe Reni who has been there before would have been a better inclusion but Des did what he felt was the best for the team as was his right to do as coach. I guess we will never know what may have been.
Few observations ; this result was expected and championed by everyone from media to the betting agencies and the fan on the street with no one other than we Dogs fans giving us any hope and it got me to thinking about how a lot of people felt about the possibility of the game ending up as manufactured. Maguire asks for a specific type of refereeing and he gets it. Shayne Hayne was his usual suspect self (dismissive of our players with that trademark smarmy smile on his face) along with his "able" offsider Bernard Sutton who must have spoken to Sam Burgess 5 or 6 times to go out the back and get the blood cleaned of his face. Once again though after a quick wipe with a towel he played on still bleeding all over himself and everyone else for just about the rest of the game. Even Sutton the ref had blood all over one of his shoulders and his back.
We all talk about the concussion bin and the care of duty in relation to it, but what about the fact that we could all see that the damage done to Burgess' cheek was NOT superficial. No duty of care here, he plays on but no direction from referee or trainer in relation to proper examination.( Although probably a half time exam took place but no way would they take him off.) Burgess knew he had real problems and he is lucky that he probably will have no permanent damage. We all know now he requires surgery to correct the problem. Duty of care pfft!!
Souffs were up to their usual tricks in the ruck and play the ball area. Two (or sometimes three) players in a tackle, one stays marker and one moves off to the side and about 2 metres from the said marker and in front their defensive line which never get back the ten and then comes straight back into play by tackling our dummy half. Been happening all year but is not to the laws of the game. Josh Reynolds or one of our other players are called to get off the tackled player even before tackle really completed but Souffs given extra latitude and on at least three separate occasions they were allowed to get up and run again when we are called back to play the ball.
I was also cheesed off at the Channel 9 telecast, a complete wankfest so much so that we can see the NRL and Channel Nine will live off this day of "absolute glory" leading into next year and beyond; umpteen shots of Souffs legends Sattler ( who looked like he had sat on a pineapple) Bobby McCarthy (who looked lost) and Russell Crowe ( with that interminable smirk on his face)throughout the game whilst play went on regardless; Phil Gould and his biased observations ;Rabbits will his usual dribble and Johns with his coke addled comments. Don't even get me started on the fact that Sam Burgess was interviewed three separate times after the final whistle and that it took 38 seconds of the telecast for Julie Burgess to get her first of many screenshots. The interminable playing and replaying of glory glory after full time and the fact that those gronk fans in red and green did not even have the respect to let James Graham be heard giving his Captains address and Russell Crowe big noting himself as usual. Yes I am royally p*ssed off and feel I should have the right to be. The Grand final was made into a circus of championing one clubs history and their undeniable right to win the premiership virtually to the exclusion of the side playing against them.
After visiting the bathroom about an hour after fulltime I got to talking with a fellow fan who appeared to look as distressed as I was numb. Upon asking her if she was okay, she said she could live with the result but was not at all happy with certain occurrences whilst she was at the ground. She had the misfortune of sitting close to the Burrow and was disgusted by the behaviour and language coming from there behaviour made all the more unacceptable as there were children present. Complaints were not followed up and she felt she had a right to be miffed when you think about the way some of our fans are judged by others at and after games.
Today I have seen more Souffs jerseys and flags than ever before which were conspicuously absent prior to the game in stark contrast to the scenes in Belmore and its surrounds. Went to the main street to soak up the atmosphere before going to the Club and was thrilled to be able to speak to Raelene Castle. She is a lovely and gracious woman who has quickly garnered a respect around Belmore. It was a fantastic place to be and behaviour was exemplary with the Police on duty there having no dramas to deal with. After the game we left the club a little before the players came back and everything was cool. Still happy and partying fans although we lost.
I try to tell myself to get over it and eventually I will, looking forward to next year and our chances of going one better. It is only a game after all and life will go on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good aye Cook; did you enjoy your time at the Club last night and did you stay until the players got back? I am disappointed about last night but feel we may have some good times to come. Will Kerr is the name of the youngster you mention and from reports yes he is a great prospect.Knowing the way we work he will be brought along slowly and just hope that he remains with us until he is ready.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well you're an "also ran" if you lose the GF tbh
I doubt it.

I also doubt we will wait 43 years for a premiership like Souths did.

I am proud of our boys, and just happy we made the GF, coz i didnt think we would win finals week one vs Storm down in Melbourne. After that it was all a bonus for me.

Great year boys!

With luck next year we wont have any origin reps, and get into the top 4 and that will help. The extra game we played more than Souths to make the GF was telling. Nobody is factoring that in

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty disappointing. I thought at half time we were holding them ok and with early points we could pressure them enough to get the win.
It's great we made the gf as I had given up on our season after the titans game.
On the other hand when you make a gf it is a huge opportunity and we have now squandered 2 of those in 3 years.
I don't really know where the proem lies but I must credit the effort of the team over the last month. Those 3 wins were not against mug teams so you can't take anything away from that. Well done boys you did the jersey proud.
Anyway, I see good things happening in 2015 and I have enjoyed the banter on this forum in 2014.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Feeling a combo of shattered and proud
cant stand the utter dribble and mass orgy over the souffs win in the papers and on tv
it was like if we didnt turn up noone would have noticed.
its not my fault they are a shiet club and need 43 yrs to win a comp
i can accept the loss but am over the "every ***** loves souffs now and pride of the league shit"
You have a right to feel shattered and I too share your pain. I don't love souffs never have and they are not the pride of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.