how are we all feeling today? /thoughts on the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing ok , I'm still a bit bummed that we lost another gf but was grateful we made 1.after the tits game I had written our season off. Then we fired up in the semis but couldn't get the last 1 in.(at least my kids get to see there teamin a gf and thats cool )
But im more concerned now what our future holds and it seems pretty bright, usually after a team's been in a gf or wins one the salary cap starts to dismantle that team over the next few years, yet we seem to be building. We loose ennis and brown, and thats pretty much it.but we gain lichaa, loco, rona. And maybe amother signing also.some much needed depth to our back line .Morris will be fully fit next year , lafia continues to get stronger, lyod is improving, Frank will have a full season. And hopefully a few other things fall into place. Then we have the possibility of the 3 brothers coming over. At the moment its time to grieve a bit but I can't help to be half excited om what the future holds

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing ok , I'm still a bit bummed that we lost another gf but was grateful we made 1.after the tits game I had written our season off. Then we fired up in the semis but couldn't get the last 1 in.(at least my kids get to see there teamin a gf and thats cool )
But im more concerned now what our future holds and it seems pretty bright, usually after a team's been in a gf or wins one the salary cap starts to dismantle that team over the next few years, yet we seem to be building. We loose ennis and brown, and thats pretty much it.but we gain lichaa, loco, rona. And maybe amother sigm
We need new halves.....simple as that...halves that have a decent kicking game, some imagination and who can take control of a team. Reynolds and Hodkinson were rubbish yesterday....and they have been for most of the year. I hope the dogs do not resign Hodkinson. We need to go in a different direction.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not deny our halves need to work on things but as it stands they are there next year, and thats out of our control. Im trying to look at what we got. And I do think we can be successful

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me, it is too early. I am angry at the world! It was bad enough to lose, but the media bias towards souths made even worse. As you said, our squad is building and the future looks bright, but today I'm gunna hit the bag and smash out some anger

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need new halves.....simple as that...halves that have a decent kicking game, some imagination and who can take control of a team. Reynolds and Hodkinson were rubbish yesterday....and they have been for most of the year. I hope the dogs do not resign Hodkinson. We need to go in a different direction.
You Sir need to stop taking those green pills you are on and maybe take some red ones, then have month off before making silly statements.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
You hope that we don't resign Hodko?

That probably means you want to re-sign him, I agree!

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I was feeling good and proud of our team, until I came to this forum and saw all the crybabies having at a go at our players. Now I feel down that some supporters of this great club are such poor losers that they will go off at the players that have bled for the jersey.

Some of our fans need to piss off to be honest. Or grow up at the very least

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just still disappointed about how bad we played as a team we really lacked direction out their you can really tell now it was ennis who directed our team around the park

Not blaming our halves though you could tell hodkinson was injured when he wasn't doing any kicking at all and you can't blame Reynolds for trying to lead the team around it's not his game style

Though the one person that did piss me off was tony Williams he just had a horrible game regardless that he scored I really felt he didn't show up when he really needed to and I'm hoping he doesn't get a new contract

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just still disappointed about how bad we played as a team we really lacked direction out their you can really tell now it was ennis who directed our team around the park

Not blaming our halves though you could tell hodkinson was injured when he wasn't doing any kicking at all and you can't blame Reynolds for trying to lead the team around it's not his game style

Though the one person that did piss me off was tony Williams he just had a horrible game regardless that he scored I really felt he didn't show up when he really needed to and I'm hoping he doesn't get a new contract
Apparently Reynolds did his shoulder and on through it

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
T-Rex was hungry for the win. He might have made some bad decisions in regards to pushing passes but he was trying his best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think next year, we will have to revisit our playing style, with a new hooker, we will be getting different ball service from the ruck, and probably a more running dummy half, this should help our forwards more, and, in doing so, enable us to get the ball wide to the likes of Loko / Rona / Sanley / Thompson / Lafai / JMoz / Bmoz??? etc.......

If this happens, you will also see our halves more involved, as it stood, our halves couldn't function great last night, because we decided to play up the middle, and it was ineffective.

I am looking forward to next year, with the hope, we can see a return (if only slightly) to being the "Entertainers"

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm back to being cynical and bitter and never putting my heart on a platter again. I need to go back to work tonight and face souff sydney fans and every other anti bulldog bandwagoner with my head down.. I've got nothing apart from 'we had no Ennis' to which theyll throw back they had no luke..

If we'd lost by a few points it would have been ok but our score says we played shit even though we we're holding them up for 72 minutes.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feeling a combo of shattered and proud
cant stand the utter dribble and mass orgy over the souffs win in the papers and on tv
it was like if we didnt turn up noone would have noticed.
its not my fault they are a shiet club and need 43 yrs to win a comp
i can accept the loss but am over the "every ***** loves souffs now and pride of the league shit"

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm back to being cynical and bitter and never putting my heart on a platter again. I need to go back to work tonight and face souff sydney fans and every other anti bulldog bandwagoner with my head down.. I've got nothing apart from 'we had no Ennis' to which theyll throw back they had no luke..

If we'd lost by a few points it would have been ok but our score says we played shit even though we we're holding them up for 72 minutes.
we had no ennis, no kas and no nrl and refs in our pocket because we are not pride of the league

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I'm disappointed but nowhere near shattered like in 2012. I honestly think that despite not even being that good this season, we were still able to make the grand final. If we can get some attacking players into our back line and more points, our time will come soon.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we have excuses for why we are not be champions tbh, it would have been so sweet to win it though

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking at it objectively I think the first half of next year is going to be tough. Lichaa is going to have to make a big adjustment to play 80 and if he can't we may have to add a bench hooker which is something we haven't done in recent memory, I also hope he lives up to all the hype.

I hope we can sign/have signed a fullback and that the backs we have signed have speed and remain injury free.

It's going to be a long and painful off season and next year we'll have to listen to are souths going to be the first team to go back to back and all that sh1t the same as we heard about the roosters.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how long unit the season resumes again? so keen for new players in our team lel

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently Reynolds did his shoulder and on through it