Rumour Hoppa

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We do. Play the kids this year should be about development and getting systems in place to succeed beyond this season.
Don't we need to wait till round 11 to okay the kids?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
please be true, hoppa has been a very good player for the dogs over a long time, sadly that time finished 2 seasons ago

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all want Tortuga gone ASAP but I don't know why people are so relieved by or anxious to have this rumour confirmed.

Wherever he ends up, he was never getting re-signed. The club doesn't want him and he's been playing like shit on a massive deal for years. Not to mention he's completely checked out this season. So none of this should surprise anyone..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Think it’s just the fear that we are about to escape the last of fucked contracts. To good to be true? Lol.

Out Napa hoppa jmk Lewis smith britt Stimson etc

In naden burton fox b Smith? Big good forward tpj be amazing but any of Rudolph, tapine or Taupau ? Please be true haha

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t think he’s ever not given 100%.
He’s been a great servant to our club but stand by what I said.
After a preseason of training and only 8 games in Hoppa just isn’t bringing his A game onto the field.
Almost like going through the motions to see it through, I think its the perfect time to bring in a development player taking all things into consideration.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This explains his very little interest and effort ,
just killing time till he picks up a nice little pay packet come season end
ha??? he has the most run meters in the team, the most post contact meters and has the most Daly M points. Effort is the not the problem with Hoppa.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he's been playing like shit on a massive deal for years.
He was the clubs MVP in 2018 & 2019 and even last season with injury he was the leading Daly M point getter for the last season and leading again this season. The shit you put on him is over the top. Also what do you consider a "massive deal" anyway?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me, it is a question of pace and Hopoate looked to have initially lost pace after his missionary work which then lessened his value at fullback and his recent further loss of pace now makes him a liability defensively in the three quarter line... should not be re-signed

that said, he was often solid to good for us when so many others in the team were not even FG standard... hopefully, he gets an opportunity in the ESL and I wish him well

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think his lack of effort is the problem. He has just lost what little speed he ever had.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was the clubs MVP in 2018 & 2019 and even last season with injury he was the leading Daly M point getter for the last season and leading again this season. The shit you put on him is over the top. Also what do you consider a "massive deal" anyway?
MVP of 12th placed teams that had a bunch of shit players? I was mainly referring to last year and this year anyway.

He's on 600k or so in the last season of his deal. Are you somehow advocating for Hoppa to stay or be re-signed?

Reactions: GDR

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Huge form drop..

Off to where a lot go , just before retirement from the great game. Good luck to him, served us well for a long time at the doggs.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Had hoppa been blessed with scintillating speed he would of been a top 5 calibre player.
But sadly wasnt but he has been a great loyall servant .Hoppa has represented himself ,club and fans with integrity .Wish him the best of true.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
MVP of 12th placed teams that had a bunch of shit players? I was mainly referring to last year and this year anyway.

He's on 600k or so in the last season of his deal. Are you somehow advocating for Hoppa to stay or be re-signed?
Hopoate is not on $600k a season, not even close.

Hopoate is 13th in the NRL in post contact meters. We don't have a forward in the top 50!!!
For a team that is trying to complete very week running 300 to 400 meters less than the opposition you are kidding yourself if you think Hopoate's meters aren't important.

No I am advocating to re-sign Hoppa.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopoate is not on $600k a season, not even close.

Hopoate is 13th in the NRL in post contact meters. We don't have a forward in the top 50!!!
For a team that is trying to complete very week running 300 to 400 meters less than the opposition you are kidding yourself if you think Hopoate's meters aren't important.

No I am advocating to re-sign Hoppa.
He is. He's on a heavily backended deal because of Des.

Have you not seen what a turnstyle he's been in defence this season and how much he struggles to beat his man or how many times he's butchered an opportunity for his outside man? He hasn't been giving full effort this season and he was ordinary last season.

He's been solid for several seasons before that but I'm glad this is his last year and I hope he gets benched before the season is over if he keeps playing so poorly.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He is. He's on a heavily backended deal because of Des.

Have you not seen what a turnstyle he's been in defence this season and how much he struggles to beat his man or how many times he's butchered an opportunity for his outside man? He hasn't been giving full effort this season and he was ordinary last season.

He's been solid for several seasons before that but I'm glad this is his last year and I hope he gets benched before the season is over if he keeps playing so poorly.
For fuck sake where do you make this shit up.
Hopoate is currently on a one year deal. Absolutely nothing to do with Des.

When he wasn't playing Sundays he was on $150k a season.

When the club wanted him to be available for every game he signed a 4 year deal for $1.9m. I will let you do the math.

The right edge defence of Flanagan, Hopoate & DWZ struggled rounds 1 to 3. Since its been Flanagan, Hopoate & Cotric right edge defence has been much better.
Better than the left edge & the middle defence that's for sure.

Yes I think the club will go in another direction next season which is fine. But Hopoate copes a lot of shit here which is undeserved.

I'll have a bet with you right now that Hoppa will end the season with the most Daly M points in our team.