Rumour Hoppa

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For fuck sake where do you make this shit up.
Hopoate is currently on a one year deal. Absolutely nothing to do with Des.

When he wasn't playing Sundays he was on $150k a season.

When the club wanted him to be available for every game he signed a 4 year deal for $1.9m. I will let you do the math.

The right edge defence of Flanagan, Hopoate & DWZ struggled rounds 1 to 3. Since its been Flanagan, Hopoate & Cotric right edge defence has been much better.
Better than the left edge & the middle defence that's for sure.

Yes I think the club will go in another direction next season which is fine. But Hopoate copes a lot of shit here which is undeserved.

I'll have a bet with you right now that Hoppa will end the season with the most Daly M points in our team.
Who gives a shit who gets the most Dally M points on a wooden spoon team? Have you seen the corrupt muppets that award those points and the games where someone dominates and they get zero points?

Even if he's on 500k or 600k, it's way too much for a slow unperforming centre and it's cap space that will hopefully go to better use.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa is the perfect name for him, he would have to be the slowest centre in the NRL. He wouldn’t have been in my 17 to start the year and the sooner we have someone else in his spot the better.

Last edited:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should let him wear his Tongan jersey for the rest of the season. Seems to be the only time he really aims up these last couple of seasons

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We should let him wear his Samoan jersey for the rest of the season. Seems to be the only time he really aims up these last couple of seasons
Tonga

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

When the club wanted him to be available for every game he signed a 4 year deal for $1.9m. I will let you do the math.

The right edge defence of Flanagan, Hopoate & DWZ struggled rounds 1 to 3. Since its been Flanagan, Hopoate & Cotric right edge defence has been much better.

Yes I think the club will go in another direction next season which is fine. But Hopoate copes a lot of shit here which is undeserved.

I'll have a bet with you right now that Hoppa will end the season with the most Daly M points in our team.
Is this open to anyone?

I’ll take that bet. Carton of beer for it.

I’ll pay credit where it’s due. He was a good servant to the club. Has been great off field. Above average on field. Professional. Clean. Good person and solid nrl player.

That’s not right now he’s been one of our worse this season.

Think a mix of his lost the hunger and his ability and weakness is terribly exposed in the nrl now. Especially when he’s surrounded in shit.

I also don’t believe for a second he’s on so little. Des extended him and then he’s had further extensions in a Fucking woeful team when he was one of our best in that time. He doesn’t take couple hundred k less than napa.

He’s hardly gonna be on a mil. Though no way he’s sub 600k.

Right now I don’t think an nrl team would touch him.

If he turns it around and shows what he has past seasons. Des will call!

All I know is I’m glad he’s off the books and can’t wait for Naden who will offer so much for us on the field for a lot less!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this open to anyone?

I’ll take that bet. Carton of beer for it.

I’ll pay credit where it’s due. He was a good servant to the club. Has been great off field. Above average on field. Professional. Clean. Good person and solid nrl player.

That’s not right now he’s been one of our worse this season.

Think a mix of his lost the hunger and his ability and weakness is terribly exposed in the nrl now. Especially when he’s surrounded in shit.

I also don’t believe for a second he’s on so little. Des extended him and then he’s had further extensions in a Fucking woeful team when he was one of our best in that time. He doesn’t take couple hundred k less than napa.

He’s hardly gonna be on a mil. Though no way he’s sub 600k.

Right now I don’t think an nrl team would touch him.

If he turns it around and shows what he has past seasons. Des will call!

All I know is I’m glad he’s off the books and can’t wait for Naden who will offer so much for us on the field for a lot less!
OK let's say $50 that will cover a case of most beers.

I usually buy coopers green rages between $50 to $56.

For a team who makes fuck all meters Hoppa is still making an important contribution he has the most running meters in the team and the most post contact meters (by a lot).

His lateral movement at centre is probably his biggest weakness.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Nope. He is on a 2 year deal, extending his last contract in 2019.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember not long ago he wouldn’t play on a sunday, as far as im concerned he never played on thursday night friday night or Saturday as well!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I dont think his lack of effort is the problem. He has just lost what little speed he ever had.
Yeah he was like lightning back in his manly and parra days… then he started that slow down jink he does when he gets to the line. That was the beginning of the end for mine.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
OK let's say $50 that will cover a case of most beers.

I usually buy coopers green rages between $50 to $56.

For a team who makes fuck all meters Hoppa is still making an important contribution he has the most running meters in the team and the most post contact meters (by a lot).

His lateral movement at centre is probably his biggest weakness.
Done. I’ll take it. As I said mate I don’t disagree he has been a good servant and been our best most seasons in shit years. Stands to support what I said no way he took little to extend. He got paid for sure. He was on 800-900k at eels.
We got the Sunday deal sure. When that removed he got paid very high again (thanks Des) he clearly extended and I doubt he was 8-900k though no way he’s under 600k. He was worth that to us then. It’s just this year he’s not even a shadow of that.

Though this year is woeful. He has been dreadful in defence and putrid in attack.

He had one solid game last week. Outside of that he would be in our worst 3 players.

Can he turn it around ? Sure. Though I won’t back it based on this year. I would be more than happy to pay you a carton if he does and earns our highest votes as it would probably mean we avoid the spoon. Though I think reality is Thompson could sit half the year and out do him. Then the odd cracker game from someone like Elliott dwz cotric Jake etc will see him no chance. He hasn’t been our best any game so far.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
OK $50 agreed.
Now Hoppa is already our leading Dally M points getter with 3 so I sort of feel I am stealing your money.
Our players will get fuck all because we are that shit..
Last Season Hoppa had 7, Foran 4 and the rest below 2.
Has Thompson even got a point yet?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Done. I’ll take it. As I said mate I don’t disagree he has been a good servant and been our best most seasons in shit years. Stands to support what I said no way he took little to extend. He got paid for sure. He was on 800-900k at eels.
We got the Sunday deal sure. When that removed he got paid very high again (thanks Des) he clearly extended and I doubt he was 8-900k though no way he’s under 600k. He was worth that to us then. It’s just this year he’s not even a shadow of that.

Though this year is woeful. He has been dreadful in defence and putrid in attack.

He had one solid game last week. Outside of that he would be in our worst 3 players.

Can he turn it around ? Sure. Though I won’t back it based on this year. I would be more than happy to pay you a carton if he does and earns our highest votes as it would probably mean we avoid the spoon. Though I think reality is Thompson could sit half the year and out do him. Then the odd cracker game from someone like Elliott dwz cotric Jake etc will see him no chance. He hasn’t been our best any game so far.
Refer above......Thompson 1 point.