Hoppa in Tonga game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is being self aware one of your strengths, do you think?

You said he doesn't give a fuck about the jersey, did you not?

You also clearly have a problem with the no Sundays thing which was clearly articulated and fully disclosed before he joined the club on a reserve grade salary of $150k.

Clearly you are not judging him on his football ability. Which is nuts unless you know him personally.

I do not rate him.
I don’t rate his commitment that highly
I don’t rate his passion
I have no problem with a man’s religion, all the more power to him for his beliefs, I do have a problem with a player who will not put the jersey above other commitments. All his fault? No. I blame Hasler Castle and Dib for that mess. It was part of the mediocrity that was accepted by this club by signing guys like Hopoate and Williams etc... Hopoate to me is a typical signing from an era I want to see eradicated permanently.

You are clearly of another view. You might accept the performances we’ve been putting in for the last few years. That’s fine, each to their own.

I personally want a clean out and I am more than happy for them to sweep Hopoate away. 1 good game against Samoa wearing another jersey does not get my endorsement for him to be thought of so highly. He is oneof a few I believe don’t fully put in, and given his potential that’s just not good enough and I’d love to see him gone.

Is he our main problem? No way, not even close. Do I think his performances over the last couple of years are a reflection of what that terrible Hasler era represented? Yes, I do.

This club MUST move forward and rid themselves of constant underperformers. There is talk of relocation, expansion and cutting Sydney teams. We keep trotting out the same shit with these same caliber players and continue to run near last and guess who the NRL will be wanting moved in a crowded Sydney market with quite a few teams already in the West?? Other fans will be pushing for it too, they hate us.

I just want my club to evolve and get out of this shit and underperforming marquee type named players like Hopoate are part of what’s holding us back.

That’s my view on it and won’t be bullied into thinking otherwise by fans who are clearly happy with his performances since he’s been with us.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also clearly have a problem with the no Sundays thing which was clearly articulated and fully disclosed before he joined the club on a reserve grade salary of $150k.
Lastly, fully disclosed??
Am I wrong or was this brought to life half way through that season by a media report, causing confusion from our fan base, only for Hasler and the club to THEN come out and explain?? Not “really” full disclosure to the fans is it??

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I do not rate him.
I don’t rate his commitment that highly
I don’t rate his passion
I have no problem with a man’s religion, all the more power to him for his beliefs, I do have a problem with a player who will not put the jersey above other commitments. All his fault? No. I blame Hasler Castle and Dib for that mess. It was part of the mediocrity that was accepted by this club by signing guys like Hopoate and Williams etc... Hopoate to me is a typical signing from an era I want to see eradicated permanently.

You are clearly of another view. You might accept the performances we’ve been putting in for the last few years. That’s fine, each to their own.

I personally want a clean out and I am more than happy for them to sweep Hopoate away. 1 good game against Samoa wearing another jersey does not get my endorsement for him to be thought of so highly. He is oneof a few I believe don’t fully put in, and given his potential that’s just not good enough and I’d love to see him gone.

Is he our main problem? No way, not even close. Do I think his performances over the last couple of years are a reflection of what that terrible Hasler era represented? Yes, I do.

This club MUST move forward and rid themselves of constant underperformers. There is talk of relocation, expansion and cutting Sydney teams. We keep trotting out the same shit with these same caliber players and continue to run near last and guess who the NRL will be wanting moved in a crowded Sydney market with quite a few teams already in the West?? Other fans will be pushing for it too, they hate us.

I just want my club to evolve and get out of this shit and underperforming marquee type named players like Hopoate are part of what’s holding us back.

That’s my view on it and won’t be bullied into thinking otherwise by fans who are clearly happy with his performances since he’s been with us.
Ha...a very articulate response.

We are going to have to agree to disagree.
I do understand the desire for a clean out and start with a clean slate but I think Hopoate is a player that is very consistent and will improve with a better team and ball movement.

Last edited:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha...a very articulate response.

We are gping to have to agree to disagree.
I do understand the desire for a clean out and start with a clean slate but I think Hopoate is a player that is very consistent and will improve with a better team and ball movement.
We’re all one fan base. Agreeing to disagree is absolutely fine by me too mate.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hopa is a great player whom try’s his heart out every week, I agree he is straight back to the number 1 jumper which he should never have lost! and woodsy needs to stay on board with us and with the big man Klem.

Last edited:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Pay has shown his hand at least for next season anyways.
You'd probably think that he bought Nick Meany to play fullback next season.

The question is now that Mythbe is gone, who plays 1 for the remainder of this year.
Hoppa, BMoz or Holland.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa played good he is safe at fullback but not brilliantly exciting

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a poster here who was conveniently called Chip and Chase who was a former first grader apparently
Yeah I’ve been told that. Totally coincidental. I didn’t know he was a former player though. My name is a dedication to Mortimer

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There was a poster here who was conveniently called Chip and Chase who was a former first grader apparently
He wasn't a former first grader, he wasn't even a park footballer. Was a bullshit artist who hated Hodkinson for personal reasons.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He wasn't a former first grader, he wasn't even a park footballer. Was a bullshit artist who hated Hodkinson for personal reasons.
I know, I went toe to toe with the twat everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.