Hoppa in Tonga game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m clearly not the only one here who thinks that, but if it makes you feel good, target me

I’ve seen him dog tackles for us - say what you want, but I dont rate his commitment and I wouldn’t care if he left like the other overrated bloke M’Bye
Because you are quite simply wrong.
You can tell from the comments on this thread that you are in the minority right.
When have you seen him dog a tackle?
This season he fell off a tackle against Penrith when that big fucker was running at full pace and got a palm in the middle of Hoppa's chest & Mitchell against the Roosters where Hoppa & Montoya were sliding to cover the overlap. Mitchell's step off the left foot was too good. Hardly the only defender Mitchell has beaten this season.
Also as I have said he has had to play all season with Montoya outside him, how did you think Olive went last game playing inside Montoya?
If you think Hopoate is one of our major problems you simply have little clue about Rugby League and their is a personal dislike or bias at play.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
People couldn't wait for Hoppa to move from fullback and now they want him to move straight back. You're all just going to end up sooking about the same things all over again in a couple of weeks lol.
Who else is there........Holland?
Also if Pay does mobe Hoppa to fullback who is the poor bastard that will play centre inside Montoya?
Because you know Montoya will keep getting selected.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bmoz left side with olive ..Jmoz with holland on right .. hoppa f/b.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samoa's defense was ordinary, Hoppa jogged past, next week versus Ponga will tell us where he is at.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who else is there........Holland?
Also if Pay does mobe Hoppa to fullback who is the poor bastard that will play centre inside Montoya?
Because you know Montoya will keep getting selected.
I'd rather move Holland to fullback. Hoppa has had a run there and we have seen what he has and it isn't enough for us. Hoppa does have amazing hands and his Boyd like when he chimes into the backline but he will never have that sort of space to work with in our current side and in the end his lack of acceleration will be exposed again like last time.

Holland looks faster and stronger this season and in the one game he played fullback in the ISP he looked very good. I think it's best we give Holland a run at fullback knowing that Meaney will be coming here next season as it gives Holland the chance to step up and push for a longterm spot.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
You don’t know me hero, nor do you know my knowledge of football. Jump on his bandwagon after one decent performance if you like but I’ve SEEN him fail to put his body on the line in defence MANY a time in my team’s jersey which does not impress me at all. Maybe those things don’t bother you, that’s fine, rate a player how you like, but I’ve been following this team since 78 and I can tell which players put it all on the line and which don’t, and here’s a tip, those that would sit out Sunday’s don’t tend to give everything for the jumper.
You are correct though, we do have some of the stupidest fans in the comp....
Quick, somebody get the man a life membership, he knows everything.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was doing last night what Mbye didn't. He was sniffing around the forwards, looking for offloads. He did it superbly last night. His support play, positional play and defence is also a lot better than Shitbye.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gallen hit the nail on the head. Our forwards simply aren't winning the forward battle despite the casuals on here claiming they are because they make metres. Hoppa just won't have the room to do what he does for Tonga with us.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got nothing against him. Maybe he is one of our most consistent players but that isn't a massive wrap based on our current team.

Put him on the open market and see who would be interested, I'd say not many teams tbh.

Sad thing is an average or consistent player is good enough with some bulldogs fans these days. You can't have superstars in every position but we've got pretty average players being talked up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've got nothing against him. Maybe he is one of our most consistent players but that isn't a massive wrap based on our current team.

Put him on the open market and see who would be interested, I'd say not many teams tbh.

Sad thing is an average or consistent player is good enough with some bulldogs fans these days. You can't have superstars in every position but we've got pretty average players being talked up.
I have said it before on here but there is a massive loser culture around our club atm and fans are just happy to make excuse after excuse for everything. Most are happy enough to brush everything off on our roster and previous admin/Des yet ignore the blatant issues around our club atm.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The club still stinks of des and his minions , its like vomiting in your car and you have to sell it because the smell just wont go away..

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because you are quite simply wrong.
You can tell from the comments on this thread that you are in the minority right.
When have you seen him dog a tackle?
This season he fell off a tackle against Penrith when that big fucker was running at full pace and got a palm in the middle of Hoppa's chest & Mitchell against the Roosters where Hoppa & Montoya were sliding to cover the overlap. Mitchell's step off the left foot was too good. Hardly the only defender Mitchell has beaten this season.
Also as I have said he has had to play all season with Montoya outside him, how did you think Olive went last game playing inside Montoya?
If you think Hopoate is one of our major problems you simply have little clue about Rugby League and their is a personal dislike or bias at play.
Hang on a sec, make a case all you want, no problem with that, but don’t put words in my mouth to make your case. Show me where I said he one of our major problems ffs?? I’m not a band wagon kid jumping on popular opinions. I’ve seen him fall off tackles or not make a good enough effort in the last line of defence LAST YEAR at fullback, and you don’t recall then that’s fine but he definitely did it on more than one occasion.

And just because I’m on the minority in the chat, does not make me automatically wrong. That’s a stupid comment. If that’s how you think arguments are “won” then there’s no point having this convo with you. You blokes targeted me remember, andnid put my knowledge of Bulldogs information against many people of you.

Lastly, I don’t have agendas, I’ll support any player who plays with pride for our jersey, not sitting out Sundays.

Cheers though

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have said it before on here but there is a massive loser culture around our club atm and fans are just happy to make excuse after excuse for everything. Most are happy enough to brush everything off on our roster and previous admin/Des yet ignore the blatant issues around our club atm.
When Pay said he is bringing back "Dogs of War" I think he meant the puppies of war..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hang on a sec, make a case all you want, no problem with that, but don’t put words in my mouth to make your case. Show me where I said he one of our major problems ffs?? I’m not a band wagon kid jumping on popular opinions. I’ve seen him fall off tackles or not make a good enough effort in the last line of defence LAST YEAR at fullback, and you don’t recall then that’s fine but he definitely did it on more than one occasion.

And just because I’m on the minority in the chat, does not make me automatically wrong. That’s a stupid comment. If that’s how you think arguments are “won” then there’s no point having this convo with you. You blokes targeted me remember, andnid put my knowledge of Bulldogs information against many people of you.

Lastly, I don’t have agendas, I’ll support any player who plays with pride for our jersey, not sitting out Sundays.

Cheers though
So is being self aware one of your strengths, do you think?

You said he doesn't give a fuck about the jersey, did you not?

You also clearly have a problem with the no Sundays thing which was clearly articulated and fully disclosed before he joined the club on a reserve grade salary of $150k.

Clearly you are not judging him on his football ability. Which is nuts unless you know him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.