News Hopoate ready for Bulldogs contract crunch

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
JAC is a very experienced player and would off set the loss of Hoppa’s experience some what.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really?? Just like the morris twins hey!
He has been consistent and a great player for the dogs in what I must say have been very very tough times .
I have to say I really disagree.
Hoppa is no where near as agile as them and that's where the problems are. Hoppa only looks to have continued to decline in this area based off the trial.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo, Schoup, Alamoti are all going to be competing for Hoppa's spot and all 3 players have far more upside than Hoppa does so it's time to go.

If they do re-sign him because of his experience it must be for peanuts because we don't need him
I'd have Schoupp over Hopa this year. He has great leg drive and no wonder if you watch the video of him doing squats with massive weight

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As good as he's been for us loyalty is dead in the time game and we shouldn't offer him a deal just because of the past. We did that with players like Eastwood and look where it got us. I do hope (and I'm sure he will) land a deal elsewhere for a couple of years.
No he won't maybe super league is his speed.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's been average ever since he returned from his Mormon mission.
I reckon Hoppa was overrated as a youngster coming through..... he developed faster than his peers to get picked in FG but he's nothing more than a solid winger and he never had the pace.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?? Just like the morris twins hey!
He has been consistent and a great player for the dogs in what I must say have been very very tough times .
I have to say I really disagree.
Well said,he has been one of our better players over the last couple of years,some people have really short memories,he has played very well in an ordinary team,imagine if he was playing in a good team,

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the argument about signing Hoppa for what he has done at this stage of his career. You are signing him on what he is going to do moving forward and his best football is behind him.

Good roster management is all about moving players on at the right time.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well said,he has been one of our better players over the last couple of years,some people have really short memories,he has played very well in an ordinary team,imagine if he was playing in a good team,
I dunno about short memories. From memory he played well in what was a shit team. Wasnt hard to be a standout especially considering our cattle and his experience. He played poorly after he returned from injury late last year. Last week he looked mediocre and not because of the 2 tries down that side. After an off season he just looked as if the games has left him behind. The game is getting faster. We are on the move, we need to shed the tired and replace them with hungry.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year he played 13 games in those 13 games he managed 2 tries 3 line breaks and 2 try assist.... That's pathetic for a player in a prime attacking position..

Some of the better fullbacks managed those sorts of numbers in a single half of one game..

And he's "apparently been great for us".. we don't have short memories.. its just that other have shit memories, and like to reminisce through rose coloured glasses..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He signed Foran this year..
He signed foran for us at 3 years and 1+ million a year.
Signed him for manly on a 1 year 300k or so deal. He definately liked wasting our money