Hopa is a turnstile in defence

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
he is probably less of a liability at full back at this point but still we are fucked
We're so fucked, Meaney will be fullback next week and JAC could seriously be our fullback next year... basket case.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was only luck that prevented us from being 2 tries down after Hopa misses in the first half. ANYONE with a half decent side step can evade him. He really needs a walking frame. If he keeps playing first grade he's going to leak about 20+ tries during the season. Please drop him now Trent. I'd rather Schoupp be given a chance to see if he can prove himself. At least Schoupp might have a future with us. Hopa has none - after this year at least.
Not just his defence, he is useless in attack as well. A total waste of a position.
A keen youngster would give his all to have a crack in Hopoate's position.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he and flanNO are playing next week I’m not watching. Rabbits will put 60 on is either way
Your'e an optimist, I'm expecting a much bigger score - something that eclipses our record losses in the 1930s.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I said that after last game.. if the coach is so intent on having him in the team then at least put him where he's not as much of a liability..
To be honest i dont think his interested. I have noticed a big change in him since the drama of him playing on Sundays. No effort at all in his game not like he use to be . been over him for years now

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest i dont think his interested. I have noticed a big change in him since the drama of him playing on Sundays. No effort at all in his game not like he use to be . been over him for years now
I know there's a lot of admiration for Hoppa... But he has never ever been any good at centre... full stop

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is probably less of a liability at full back at this point but still we are fucked
As a fullback he's "safe" under the high ball but he's useless in defence there also. How many times do you see fullbacks saving tries by getting under the ball. Even little Ben Barba used to do it regularly. From all the games we've watched Hopa play at fullback I can't remember him ever saving a try ONCE

Reactions: GDR

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Baz is the right man for the Job then Hoppa will not play in the centres next week & should almost certainly be dropped altogether.

I've never seen Hoppa as bad as today.... his performance was unacceptable.

At very worst he has always held his own, that wasn't even close today.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopoate is another player who will leave the club and rejuvenate when he is outside of a losing culture like the Morris twins

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 11 is a HUGE credibility test for Baz. All the plodders who won't be re-signed need to be dropped and play out their Bulldogs careers in NSW Cup. It doesn't matter who replaces them - they need to be dropped on principle. If Schoup isn't playing in the centres in Rd 11 he needs to do a Klemmer and fucking leave. Schoup, Topine, Dietz need to be playing FG every week. I'd even throw BBO into the mix if Flanno keeps dishing out the shit he has in the last 2 weeks.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where? The only position suitable for him at the moment is Left right out
Wing.. yeah I agree he needs to be dropped.. but if he must be in the team then wing is the only spot..

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 11 is a HUGE credibility test for Baz. All the plodders who won't be re-signed need to be dropped and play out their Bulldogs careers in NSW Cup. It doesn't matter who replaces them - they need to be dropped on principle. If Schoup isn't playing in the centres in Rd 11 he needs to do a Klemmer and fucking leave. Schoup, Topine, Dietz need to be playing FG every week. I'd even throw BBO into the mix if Flanno keeps dishing out the shit he has in the last 2 weeks.
I agree 100% and we need to include Doorey on that list as well.