Hopa is a turnstile in defence

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
maybe Hoppa needs to be on the wing? His form is non existent and he appears to have mentally tapped out.
That's the problem we face now with 2x duds in Allan and Hoppa... Try hide them on the wing and we have the slowest backline in the comp lol.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m following from Kenya right now by live blog.
It’s a drop fest by two bottom feeders.
We are obviously not playing well.

My question is: Is the effort there? Are we full on?
No mate. Zero effort :sob: :sob: :sob:

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa as average as he is has always put in and held his own. But this year he has gave up. I think there’s more to it. He might have got a tap on the shoulder or might be pissed he’s not playing fullback. I don’t know what it is but he can’t be playing first grade anymore

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs to go ASAP(wtf isn't Schoupp in the 30 it's beyond me)we can't persevere with Hoppa for another 8 rounds surely and he can't go to the wing or FB ffs, he needs to go to a lower grade STAT.
Averillo to centre? and i know people will flip out lol Lewis gets a run in the 6?
Saw a mention of Avo to FB but other than a bit more speed than Allan(but how much more idk as have not seen any in 3 games)that will not be good trust me he will have his confidence further shot when about 11 Rabbits players step around or go through him for tries.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa is another of Hasler's ex-Manly duds on ridiculous money. Go now and not wait until the end of the season.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is by far the worst game I've ever seen Hopoate play. He wasn't superstar level before by any means, but what I saw yesterday was disgustingly bad.

Being off contract at the end of the year, he's picked a bad time to be badly out of form.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you want to kill an attacking raid pass it to Hoppa. In defense he turns like a cruise ship. He’s been good for us but time to go.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow mate that’s dark and depressing.
Cause for concern.
Thanks for letting me know.
So sorry mate for the terrible news.
You are right soooo depressing but we will be OK before you know it :smiley:
Just look at how the Eels are going.
Wooden Spooners in 2018 & finished 5th the next year & 3rd the next.
We just have to give TBaz a bit of time.
GO THE DOGS!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he is not dropped next week, front office needs to show some passion and ask why when this just adds to our shit attack and defence

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Needs to go ASAP(wtf isn't Schoupp in the 30 it's beyond me)we can't persevere with Hoppa for another 8 rounds surely and he can't go to the wing or FB ffs, he needs to go to a lower grade STAT.
Averillo to centre? and i know people will flip out lol Lewis gets a run in the 6?
Saw a mention of Avo to FB but other than a bit more speed than Allan(but how much more idk as have not seen any in 3 games)that will not be good trust me he will have his confidence further shot when about 11 Rabbits players step around or go through him for tries.
It's clear we're not getting Burton this year so we should use the spot we kept open for him to upgrade Schoupp and piss off Hoppa to reserve grade

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
From Tony Adams aka the mole, sounds like Hoppa?

CENTRE COPS UNWANTED NICKNAME
Which talented NRL centre has been nicknamed 'The Statue' by bemused teammates?

Sadly, it's not because he resembles Cam Smith or Wally Lewis - it's because he appears to spend much of the 80 minutes barely moving.

Here's a clue as to his identity - his team has yet to win a game.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s crazy hey it’s the fittest Hoppa has looked in a very long time but probably his worst start to a season. I think somebody mentioned that Baz didn’t want Hoppa DWZ or Reimis and then shortly after Reimis left. I think if Baz could move Hoppa on now he would but then again we badly lack experience.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy hey it’s the fittest Hoppa has looked in a very long time but probably his worst start to a season. I think somebody mentioned that Baz didn’t want Hoppa DWZ or Reimis and then shortly after Reimis left. I think if Baz could move Hoppa on now he would but then again we badly lack experience.
He won't be missed.. if he's moved I'd say we'd be paying a majority of his contract.. I'd say he'd only provide good value to a team short of fullback depth..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He won't be missed.. if he's moved I'd say we'd be paying a majority of his contract.. I'd say he'd only provide good value to a team short of fullback depth..
That’s true but we’ve already paid a fair portion of this years salary so maybe a club would take him for what’s remaining to pay with any luck. But once again we may wait till seasons end due to the experience factor.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's never ever been a good defender. He was only ever a winger that can fill in at fullback when needed

Reactions: GDR