Hooray! only 1 game left.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 more poor showing from flopagan surely proves to Gus and Baz that he's 100% not coachable right!?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagon, Topine and Odo to start.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Make sure you're fully vaccinated before you go into that respite home. I'd like to hear from you when we get our first win.
Nah, don't need to get vaccinated. One of my medications is as affective as the vaccine without the side affects.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, don't need to get vaccinated. One of my medications is as affective as the vaccine without the side affects.
It's true @Chris Harding, you should do some research some time. The vaccines usefulness is becoming troubling having to get updates every 6 months or so.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf am I gonna do with myself this offseason.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
our games are a bit like dentist appointments, you don't look forward to them, its usually painful but its good to get them over with

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was quietly hoping the NRL would make this season null and void like they did with some football competitions in Europe last year due to covid lockdowns etc etc , that way we would have avoided the wooden spoon.
But the shit show had to go on and V’Landys ( Vlandis is his real name) moved the game up to QLD.
If ever there was season to be deemed null and void for us it’s this one .

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was quietly hoping the NRL would make this season null and void like they did with some football competitions in Europe last year due to covid lockdowns etc etc , that way we would have avoided the wooden spoon.
But the shit show had to go on and V’Landys ( Vlandis is his real name) moved the game up to QLD.
If every there was season to be deemed null and void for us it’s this one .
Allowing it to move it to Qld was a dumb move, now says Qld Premier :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Will be happy to finally have the body released so we can bury the 2021 season. Died a while a go, its a bit stinky.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's true @Chris Harding, you should do some research some time. The vaccines usefulness is becoming troubling having to get updates every 6 months or so.
Welcome to my nightmare: One GP’s adventures with anti-vaxxers and their ‘infodemic’
By Mariam Chaalan
September 2, 2021 — 6.19pm

As we endure are 10th week of lockdown we are faced with the reality that this pandemic is far from under control. Along with delays in vaccine arrival, vaccine hesitancy, lack of adherence to lockdown, and increasing numbers of people in intensive care, we face the possibility of another viral pandemic: the infodemic.
Misinformation and, more specifically, conspiracy theories have been the fuel to vaccine hesitancy and are what the World Health Organisation defines as a massive threat to our global health.
Spare me the conspiracy theories: GP and clinical researcher Mariam Chaalan.

Consider one conspiracy theory: that the consumption of highly concentrated alcohol could disinfect the body and kill the coronavirus. The highlighting of this theory alone on social media feeds has resulted in 800 deaths and about 6000 hospitalisations worldwide, a team of infectious disease researchers reports in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. They conclude “misinformation fuelled by rumours, stigma, and conspiracy theories can have potentially severe implications on public health if prioritised over scientific guidelines”.
My jobs, both as a doctor in one of Sydney’s areas of concern and as an investigator in clinical trials, extend beyond my 8am-6pm routine. I come home and I’m inundated with COVID vaccine messages from family, friends, friends of the family, family of the friends. The messages have a recurring theme – a forceful venture to disprove my beliefs and reaffirm their own. I could almost compare it with the Jehovah’s Witness lady, Mary, who would come week after week to my door. If I didn’t convert, she said, I’d succumb to the flames of hell for all eternity.

What did these people want from me? Did they expect or hope I would yield to the misinformation and tell them” “Yes, all this rubbish you’ve sent me is true and I want to be a part of this?”

I have a responsibility and, to be frank, an urge to squeeze the pus out of those dangerous messages. I spent a lot of time debunking the articles I received. It was exhausting, and never enough. I had spent a large portion of my career dealing with vaccine or treatment hesitancy, so I had some empathy in my approach. These are unprecedented times. You must be patient, I’d tell myself.
Then something changed. Despite the facts I would present, people would turn on me. They would respond aggressively with more and more absurd claims. I’d attempt to respond again with facts, but the responses would only become more combative.
The sad truth is that facts and rational arguments aren’t very good at altering these people’s beliefs. By these people, I mean the ones who’ve gone down the dark spiral of conspiracy theories.

They’d send more misinformation from unverified sources, and more abuse. With nothing but random social media feeds, people are making decisions affecting not only their health and survival but that of the people around them.

We need to realise we inherently tend to seek out information to reinforce our own views. This is known as confirmation bias. It doesn’t help that the algorithms on our social media engines recommend the content we are more likely to engage with.
Certain psychological patterns help explain why conspiracies tend to gain popularity in times of crisis. The looming threat of the virus, extension of lockdowns, the involvement of the police, social isolation, feelings of injustice with the loss of employment and social media fuelling stories all provide the perfect storm to soak the vulnerable mind.
People come together and share insecurities to find a community, and to make “sense” of it all. People inclined to believe conspiracy theories, research tells us, include those with lower levels of education and from low socio-economic backgrounds, but also those with narcissistic traits and underlying low self-esteem. Sometimes a lie is easier to understand. These theories can offer a sense of control in times of uncertainty.

I only ask that before you forward Aunty Shazza’s video of a Ukrainian man suggesting the vaccine will turn you into a goat, think of the potential consequences? The antidote to misinformation and being misled is critical thinking, which involves carefully dissecting that information. In this case it means considering evidence-based medicine. Do not be the reason these fake narratives spread. They have the potential to hurt the people you love.

In the words of the true GOAT (Greatest Of All Times), Arnie Schwarzenegger: “I think if the circle of people you trust gets smaller and smaller and you find yourself more and more isolated, it should be a warning sign that you’re going down a rabbit hole of misinformation.”
I, meanwhile, am off to board my mega yacht which, obviously, Pfizer paid for.
Mariam Chaalan is a clinical researcher and GP with a sense of humour and an Instagram page, @ask.the.dr

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to my nightmare: One GP’s adventures with anti-vaxxers and their ‘infodemic’
By Mariam Chaalan
September 2, 2021 — 6.19pm

As we endure are 10th week of lockdown we are faced with the reality that this pandemic is far from under control. Along with delays in vaccine arrival, vaccine hesitancy, lack of adherence to lockdown, and increasing numbers of people in intensive care, we face the possibility of another viral pandemic: the infodemic.
Misinformation and, more specifically, conspiracy theories have been the fuel to vaccine hesitancy and are what the World Health Organisation defines as a massive threat to our global health.

Consider one conspiracy theory: that the consumption of highly concentrated alcohol could disinfect the body and kill the coronavirus. The highlighting of this theory alone on social media feeds has resulted in 800 deaths and about 6000 hospitalisations worldwide, a team of infectious disease researchers reports in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. They conclude “misinformation fuelled by rumours, stigma, and conspiracy theories can have potentially severe implications on public health if prioritised over scientific guidelines”.
My jobs, both as a doctor in one of Sydney’s areas of concern and as an investigator in clinical trials, extend beyond my 8am-6pm routine. I come home and I’m inundated with COVID vaccine messages from family, friends, friends of the family, family of the friends. The messages have a recurring theme – a forceful venture to disprove my beliefs and reaffirm their own. I could almost compare it with the Jehovah’s Witness lady, Mary, who would come week after week to my door. If I didn’t convert, she said, I’d succumb to the flames of hell for all eternity.

What did these people want from me? Did they expect or hope I would yield to the misinformation and tell them” “Yes, all this rubbish you’ve sent me is true and I want to be a part of this?”

I have a responsibility and, to be frank, an urge to squeeze the pus out of those dangerous messages. I spent a lot of time debunking the articles I received. It was exhausting, and never enough. I had spent a large portion of my career dealing with vaccine or treatment hesitancy, so I had some empathy in my approach. These are unprecedented times. You must be patient, I’d tell myself.
Then something changed. Despite the facts I would present, people would turn on me. They would respond aggressively with more and more absurd claims. I’d attempt to respond again with facts, but the responses would only become more combative.
The sad truth is that facts and rational arguments aren’t very good at altering these people’s beliefs. By these people, I mean the ones who’ve gone down the dark spiral of conspiracy theories.

They’d send more misinformation from unverified sources, and more abuse. With nothing but random social media feeds, people are making decisions affecting not only their health and survival but that of the people around them.

We need to realise we inherently tend to seek out information to reinforce our own views. This is known as confirmation bias. It doesn’t help that the algorithms on our social media engines recommend the content we are more likely to engage with.
Certain psychological patterns help explain why conspiracies tend to gain popularity in times of crisis. The looming threat of the virus, extension of lockdowns, the involvement of the police, social isolation, feelings of injustice with the loss of employment and social media fuelling stories all provide the perfect storm to soak the vulnerable mind.
People come together and share insecurities to find a community, and to make “sense” of it all. People inclined to believe conspiracy theories, research tells us, include those with lower levels of education and from low socio-economic backgrounds, but also those with narcissistic traits and underlying low self-esteem. Sometimes a lie is easier to understand. These theories can offer a sense of control in times of uncertainty.

I only ask that before you forward Aunty Shazza’s video of a Ukrainian man suggesting the vaccine will turn you into a goat, think of the potential consequences? The antidote to misinformation and being misled is critical thinking, which involves carefully dissecting that information. In this case it means considering evidence-based medicine. Do not be the reason these fake narratives spread. They have the potential to hurt the people you love.

In the words of the true GOAT (Greatest Of All Times), Arnie Schwarzenegger: “I think if the circle of people you trust gets smaller and smaller and you find yourself more and more isolated, it should be a warning sign that you’re going down a rabbit hole of misinformation.”
I, meanwhile, am off to board my mega yacht which, obviously, Pfizer paid for.
Mariam Chaalan is a clinical researcher and GP with a sense of humour and an Instagram page, @ask.the.dr
1. There is a difference between be an "antivaxxer" & being concerned about this new mRNA procedure for which they had to change the definition of the word vaccine. What are the long term effects of this procedure?

2. I look at advice from people like Dr Peter McCullough who has treated more people with COVID than anybody in the world. I also look at people who invented things like the mRNA procedure who say it shouldn't be used for COVID & in fact has been begging people to stop these "vaccines" immediately because they are causing the variants. 25% of New York doctors (& they are the ones treating people for the side affects of the vaccine) refuse to take it.

3. I also look at studies being conducted with these other treatments rather than just take people's words for it. For example a medicine I take is 70% affective against COVID with little side affects. It is also more effective than the vaccine which is now down to 60% after 6 months.

4. Now with the likelihood of vaccine passports we are finding out in the UK they are adding other things to it as well. The slow creep here is disturbing.

5. The last time I took a Flu vaccine, I had side affects which have lasted more than 20 years, so please excuse me for having concerns about a new procedure that is currently being tested on the general population. It is still emergency use authorised at this stage. 2 high profile people at the FDA in the USA have quit because of the politicisation of the vaccines & that science is not what is the judge on whether to make them authorised.

6. The approval procedure is corrupt. Look at the list of medicines that were approved & later withdrawn due to deadly affects of the drugs:

I have taken 2 of the drugs on that list & I can assure you from personal experience that one of those should never ever have been approved - it was horrific.

7. If the vaccines are so great, then why do the drug companies get exemptions from being sued but get all the benefits of the profits?

Please forgive me, but due to past experience, I will wait awhile & see what happens. When vaccine experts say that this vaccine removes your immune system & replaces it with an artificial one that needs to be continually update, I think I will wait & see. They suggest that within 3-5 years people who took the vaccines MAY die from all sorts of things because their immune system has been compromised.

I am not an expert but I do not trust politicians & political doctors from any party on health. They have told so many porkies already, why should I trust them now? Only 15 days to flatten the curve hey?