News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well that’s a positive then. Happy to hear as we haven’t had much to laugh about for a while.
Quit while your'e ahead my friend.

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last say on the Pay drama is that I hope they keep him on until the end of 2021.

the club may have missed out on getting Holbrook but he’s only signed a two year contract with the Titans and would be available for 2022. He’s a young successful coach who lived in the area before going to the UK to coach there successfully. One former ex pat Australian player who was coached under him in Super League said he’s the best coach he’s played under and he had played at 3 NRL clubs.

hope they get him to coach the ‘dogs.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit while your ahead my friend.
No worries champ. Only followed the team for 43 years! I’ve seen far more dramas than this over the years at the club. So I’ll leave you to laugh your proverbial off.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last say on the Pay drama is that I hope they keep him on until the end of 2021.

the club may have missed out on getting Holbrook but he’s only signed a two year contract with the Titans and would be available for 2022. He’s a young successful coach who lived in the area before going to the UK to coach there successfully. One former ex pat Australian player who was coached under him in Super League said he’s the best coach he’s played under and he had played at 3 NRL clubs.

hope they get him to coach the ‘dogs.
Would be great to pinch holbrook but it wont happen i guarentee you.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries champ. Only followed the team for 43 years! I’ve seen far more dramas than this over the years at the club. So I’ll leave you to laugh your proverbial off.
Haha righto.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until it is announced by the club and NOT James Hooper I’ll believe it.

If Barrett gets the gig I’ll be F’N PO’d!

just let Georgallis take over as caretaker coach before they get Holbrook.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Surely we are, and have been, speaking to multiple candidates and it’s just Alexander working at Fox and shooting his mouth off that’s put all the attention on Barrett.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s NOT PAYs fault......in the words of Tommy Raudonikous who was a favourite son of the Western Suburb Magpies. Played and coached them.

he was once quoted after long losing run at a press conference in response to what he could do to turn things around. Tommy’s response, “Mate, I can only piss out of the dick I’ve got!”

in other words they like us now don’t have the depth of talent that other clubs had and have. He should be given a short term extension to turn things around with a better squad than we currently have. We also have lost 4 or 5 of our best players to injury and off field dramas.

NO one is going to change anything in the short term no matter who coaches us.
Any good coach will tell you talent has little to do with defence, it's all about attitude and effort. Those are two things a coach should be able to instil in player regardless of their talent and the post contact meters from your last couple of games says your squad lacks both atm.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any good coach will tell you talent has little to do with defence, it's all about attitude and effort. Those are two things a coach should be able to instil in player regardless of their talent and the post contact meters from your last couple of games says your squad lacks both atm.
Well you can coach and drum that into players day in day out but at the end of the day IF you don’t have the size or pace in your team, which we have neither of, you are NOT going change anything until you do make those changes.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you can coach and drum that into players day in day out but at the end of the day IF you don’t have the size or pace in your team, which we have neither of, you are NOT going change anything until you do make those changes.
...they have stopped listening you will get the results you are getting.