News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well since Barrett took Manly to new lows I don't mind him. We just have to hope he doesn't take us there.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
out of the frying pan and into the fire....

how the hell do we go from the likes of bellamy and Bennett to .......................... ............................................. barrett

sos Holbrook

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a f’ing rock show this board is overseeing. We are about to handover the so called “war chest” to Barrett.

Pick up the phone you pack of useless ass-clowns and give Kev Walters a call.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think people are getting a bit too carried away with this Barrett talk. Think it's natural for the club to interview multiple potential candidates for the job, with Barrett being one of them.

Just because he's the front name being pushed out there it doesn't mean he's out #1 or even #3 choice.

However ... If it turns out he is out #1 choice then I'll be bitterly disappointed in the direction the clubs going

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Check list; 50 gallons of petrol, 2 boxes of fire starters, 5 pounds of C4. Yep, good to go.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think people are getting a bit too carried away with this Barrett talk. Think it's natural for the club to interview multiple potential candidates for the job, with Barrett being one of them.

Just because he's the front name being pushed out there it doesn't mean he's out #1 or even #3 choice.

However ... If it turns out he is out #1 choice then I'll be bitterly disappointed in the direction the clubs going
I think the first 2 questions to trent have to be ,trent what have you learnt from manly and which players can you guarantee us

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett has been credited for turning around the Penrith attack this year

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
why are people against barrett he virtually had no cap to spend on players when he was at manly to build a successful team

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why are people against barrett he virtually had no cap to spend on players when he was at manly to build a successful team
what...

Pm me, and I will send you an address to be at around 4am., it will be fun and stuff.. Wear something flammable and dont tell anyone where you are off to..

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your club can't allow sentimentality to rule this decision, you already have two favourite sons with Bulldogs DNA in the coaching box and it's clearly not working. Just like it wasn't working for us and a favourite son in Fittler, he was a disaster so he had to go.

If you want further proof that Pay and his dog DNA is not working, just look at your first up contact in defence, it is woeful. Your defence tactic is to get two players to stop/hold up the player while a third wraps up the legs and that way you can lower them to the ground slowly allowing your line to get set. Problem is, your first up contact is so bad that the two players can't stop forward movement, therefore the third guy is diving at the legs to try and grab them and all three are wasting energy trying to get one player on the ground. Just look at TPJ numbers after 16 mins - 50 run meters and 30 post contact meters. At one stage I think Brisbane had over 200 post contact meters and your guys had 40? Hate to say it but that is soft and it's a damning indictment on Pay's coaching.
That’s NOT PAYs fault......in the words of Tommy Raudonikous who was a favourite son of the Western Suburb Magpies. Played and coached them.

he was once quoted after long losing run at a press conference in response to what he could do to turn things around. Tommy’s response, “Mate, I can only piss out of the dick I’ve got!”

in other words they like us now don’t have the depth of talent that other clubs had and have. He should be given a short term extension to turn things around with a better squad than we currently have. We also have lost 4 or 5 of our best players to injury and off field dramas.

NO one is going to change anything in the short term no matter who coaches us.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youre joking right? Our club is the lowest its ever been he is doing more damage every day hes here and thats not even talking about making our club totally unattractive for new recruits

No I’m not. Changing to a new coach will NOT bring immediate success. We Don’t have the depth of talent that the Rorters have and that was due to the previous boards mishandling of signing players to back ended contracts. The players are right behind him and getting rid him now will only do more damage to the club.
I’d like to know from all those begging and pleading for PAY to go is WHO would they get as coach? You can’t just say get rid of him without knowing who you have as a replacement a coach.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is that why the club is going for Barrett...he’s the cheapest alternative. Would not surprise me in the slightest.
There’s more chance of the Morris brothers coming back to us than Barrett coaching us. Won’t happen.