Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL Leaks hears the Titans are wasting their time pursuing Justin Holbrook.

A very influential figure connected to the Bulldogs has been telling all and sundry the St Helens coach will be at Belmore next year.

Where that leaves Dean Pay remains to be seen, but it's ordinary form from the so-called Family Club.
Kevin Moore got sacked with 7 games to go, pay is lucky that he’s even here right now, and at the time wen Moore got sacked we were in a way better position, we only missed the finals that year on points difference

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin Moore got sacked with 7 games to go, pay is lucky that he’s even here right now, and at the time wen Moore got sacked we were in a way better position, we only missed the finals that year on points difference
That’s because we missed the 8 with a pretty stacked team in the prime of their careers. The following year we were minor premiers with the same core group.

Comparing the team and performances then with what it is now is laughable.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disrespectful to our Club...he is still employed to us albeit til end of season. Are you suggesting he walks out now? Hope not.
We are just hoping an announcement is made soon so that all the speculation and guessing games can come to an end.

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
We are just hoping an announcement is made soon so that all the speculation and guessing games can come to an end.
Agreed....our feelings exactly. We are going for the treble and the only negative about Holbrook is the timing of all this. Hope it doesn't de rail us

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed....our feelings exactly. We are going for the treble and the only negative about Holbrook is the timing of all this. Hope it doesn't de rail us
I wish you guys the best of luck (I really do). Its just you will find that most dogs fans are just annoyed with Pay and his results. I wouldn't want to wish our current predicament upon anyone.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it very strange that Hill went all the way to the UK just to talk to someone about the possibility of coaching or playing for the Bulldogs, especially, considering all the technology available these days... Surely he went there with contract in hand to get a signature..

If he didn't go with contract in hand, then he should be sacked immediately , for wasting company funds

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it very strange that Hill went all the way to the UK just to talk to someone about the possibility of coaching or playing for the Bulldogs, especially, considering all the technology available these days... Surely he went there with contract in hand to get a signature..

If he didn't go with contract in hand, then he should be sacked immediately , for wasting company funds
We won’t hear anything about it till Pay is sacked. I’m not sure what people expect the club isn’t going to come out and admit they are chasing Holbrook while Pay is still coaching the team during a season. Just remember the club has done its best work (DWZ/CHN) in silence.....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We won’t hear anything about it till Pay is sacked. I’m not sure what people expect the club isn’t going to come out and admit they are chasing Holbrook while Pay is still coaching the team during a season. Just remember the club has done its best work (DWZ/CHN) in silence.....
I'm not saying that we need to know.. and I agree with you, we need to be as discreet as possible in every possible negotiation.. Im just saying I'd be very surprised if he went all that way for a "chance" or "chat"..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that we need to know.. and I agree with you, we need to be as discreet as possible in every possible negotiation.. Im just saying I'd be very surprised if he went all that way for a "chance" or "chat"..
Yeah you’d only head over there to seal the deal....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if we have signed a new coach once it’s announced the club needs to get pay to step down hes devoid of ideas and doing more damage to the team steve g as interim till the end of the year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please elaborate?
That article is just a rehash of what was said on NRL 360 just because theres no mention of it in the media doesn’t mean the club are sitting on their hands doing nothing.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That article is just a rehash of what was said on NRL 360 just because theres no mention of it in the media doesn’t mean the club are sitting on their hands doing nothing.
So you’re assuming they aren’t doing nothing I thought you had some sort of evidence?