Hodkinson going to the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are blind..

Page 60 sports section 'Sea Eagle Flies'

Trent Hodkinson quit Manly for Bulldogs. Told players before the Titans game, our offer blew Manly out of the water.
Nothing on our website or the Telecrap online. Manly must be ecstatic about it.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Ok everybody I found it...
Sunday Telegraph Page 60, Beck and the Buzz
Bottom left hand corner

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
durgan muppet from Canberra> every fullback except Hayne and Slater.
Lol nice gee up.

Slater IMO is the best fullback in the game and close to the best player in the game, hes a freak. Id have a year long hardon if we signed Slater.

C

chipandchase

i dont see him as a long term solution, hopefully im wrong. but he is not quick, so we need some pace outside him. it is a young backline when you will have Barba at 1 hodgkinson at 7, morris and jamal in the centres, just need some second phase play in the forwards

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We're pretty much in the same position as Brisbane were when they recruited Peter Wallace on decent coin after a couple of games in first grade for the Panthers. It's not really that much of a big deal. The club obviously sees something in Hodkinson that I don't, so I'll probably give them the benefit of the doubt.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
If Te Maari was worth 200k a year, 250-280 isn't that big a gamble for a bloke who could develop into a long term option in a key position.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol nice gee up.

Slater IMO is the best fullback in the game and close to the best player in the game, hes a freak. Id have a year long hardon if we signed Slater.
its true? and did you read it right? he said every fullback EXCEPT slater and hayne lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
its true? and did you read it right? he said every fullback EXCEPT slater and hayne lol
Lol. facepalm. I cant read. You are right. I stick by the fact id get a year long hardon if Slater signed with us though.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol. facepalm. I cant read. You are right. I stick by the fact id get a year long hardon if Slater signed with us though.
With our current forward pack ? Even Slater would have a hard time playing at his best

freQishDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
hodkinson will prob leave after his contracts done and go back to manly.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
I reckon Trent Hodkinson will be a great signing for the doggies and if me cous joins us over the bloody rooters then I will be wrapped. Dugan will add pace and versatility at the back and barba can be a 5/8 and fullback when Josh plays for NSW in the future haha. Im super disappointed that tia kilifi isnt playing more though. He was very good for us in his only game. 21 hitups then suddenly next week he is uncited and neumann comes in ????? I have spoken to a few of the boys within the side and they are telling me that there playing for themselves at the moment and there is no team work. If that changes than there is no reason why we cant do a Parramatta of 2009 but Its going to have to start soon. The numbers are looking l,ike we need to win about 10 of our remaining 13.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehehehehe. Hodkinson at fullback. Don't be so silly.
why is it silly?Who would've thought Carney would have gone fb?

Greenberg said signing hodkinson doesn't mean no BK so where would they put hodkinson next season if BK stays?they won't replace roberts that is for sure

abby.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
why is it silly?Who would've thought Carney would have gone fb?

Greenberg said signing hodkinson doesn't mean no BK so where would they put hodkinson next season if BK stays?they won't replace roberts that is for sure
Noo, put Barba at fullback.

P

Paint.

Bloody oath people, look at the stats:

Hodkinson: AVE 0.55 try assists, 38.18 metres, 27.64 tackles, 2.63 mistackles, 0.55 offloads, 0.64 errors, 296.36 kickmetres, 0.27 penalties per game.

Cronk: AVE 1.2 try assists, 39 metres, 19.7 tackles, 2.4 mistackles, 0.5 offloads, 0.5 errors, 372 kickmetres, 0.2 penalties per game.

Other than try assists, tackles, kickmetres, Hodko and Cronk are pretty much equal -- Hodkinson has more tackles, too. Consider that, Other than try assists and kickmetres, a rookie who has only played a handful of games and a test and origin player are pretty much equal. Hodkinson would have more kickmetres in a team like the Bulldogs, where he would be the dominant kicker, with Kimmorley most likely gone, Barba possibly at fullback and Roberts at 5/8, Roberts doesn't kick much, and Barba would be more of a ball runner rather than a kicker -- at Manly he has to share kicking duties with Lyon and Foran. So let's consider kick metres equal, as well... Try assists is pretty much all that Cronk dominates in, and he's almost double the price. Why not take Hodkinson for 265k a year, with those stats, rather than Cooper Cronk, for 400k+ a year?

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Manly would be filthy. And it is true that he told his mates before the Titans game it would explain a lot. He played ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.