Hetherington out

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bad news Jack has looked good on the edge, was really growing into the position. We are light on back rowers as well :(

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bet Pub Crawler Stimpson will get yet another chance to impress now

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seumanafagai will go to 8. Thompson will be on an edge.
Not convinced, I know speed wise he can certainly play on an edge but I have seem him miss too many tackles in the middle.. I am concerned about his sideway movement and his passing ability to his outside men. Moving TPJ to an edge will also give Max King more minutes in the middle. I think TPJ on the left edge is the way to go, JAC can also keep his energy up. Think Burton needs to play a little deeper, dig into the line with a short pass.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unlucky injury but I never seen the hype with Hetherington on the edges. He is a bench forward at best. I wonder what our row make up is going be. Waddell and Jackson on the edges with TPJ at lock?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the exact same injury about 10 years ago, still haunts me to this day and damage to the ac joint also, basically like a broken collar bone where the point of your joint sticks out after healing.
Think there is different degrees hopefully not as bad as yours was he's been improving but yeh cmon Ray we need you

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, but this has always been an issue with him so it just looks like more of the same.
He was average last night but I won't judge him too harshly. It was a 5 metre defensive line Manly had at times.. We were defending on our line most of the second half and players like TPJ and Taupau aren't going to be suited to the conditions when it's pissing down and a scrappy mistake filled game where offloads are hard to come by. But to your point, yes a lack of consistency has always been his biggest problem..

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we can get Sutton early? He's just rotting in reserves grade, thought he could play edge?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never thought id be saying this but waddell to slot in

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was settling in nicely in the backrow what a shame. Where is rfm isn't he supposed to be back early rounds

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep but we have more middles than edges and Pangai is still better than all edges we have.
Thompson is much more suited to the edge and Waddell is playing Ok at present they should be our starting ed ge forwards now that Hethrington is injured, not sure about a bench edge forward BTW.
In the middle we have TPJ , Vaughn, Ava, Patalo and possibly King who has supprised everyone.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This really sux.
I thought he has started the year great.
We don't really have a decent replacement.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a good injury, and a long term one.

I wonder if we could play Okunbor in the second row perhaps?

Jackson Topine played Flegg (yes FLEGG) on the weekend but is also an option.