Heart & Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So every player that takes up a bigger offer has been pushed out ?
We offered the bloke a poultry upgrade of 25K... that's seriously embarrassing. He's an Origin rep and a Nigel nobody like Mbye is getting paid 150-200K more than him per year... how would you feel putting in more work than your buddy and reaching higher honours but getting paid significantly less... he got pushed out, simple.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Wanted too much dough. Should have let him go years ago and maybe we wouldn't be in this mess.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I still stand by the claim he was never offered a contract at all. I dont give a fuck if u believe me or not.
He would have signed last year if they had offered him anything. But Hasler didnt want him and was chasing Foran. Players are fully aware of whats going on and this club has gone to shit.. players want out..
Ok which players want out?

Because most of them can fuck off with the performance they put in on Sunday.

So inept the whole team should donate their "wages" for that game to Camp quality!!!
They didn't fucking earn it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We didn't let him go.
Me made him an offer, and he chose money over the club he "bleeds for".
What complete and utter bullshit. We undercut him. Offered him way less than his worth and it was an idiotic decision.

He would have taken a pay cut. We should have offered him something close to what he is worth to this club.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Players of the calibre like Josh Reynolds, Josh Jackson and James Graham should never be pushed out. You cannot coach passion, aggression and leadership as you are either born with it or not.

Everyone else is replaceable

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone see us winning the comp with him? Time for him and some others to move on.
Can't do same thing again and again and expect different results.

A

Alexander the Great

Offering him "what he is worth" compared to what his value as a member of the squad is two different things.
I would have given him what he wanted considering the team's motivation at the moment and how dirty the playing group are.
No one can deny how gutted jamma was om 360 after josh announced his move and thats our captain.

We didn't need woods to be honest. His money should have been spent on Reynolds and the balance on trying to secure a fullback.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When Reynolds trips is he the heart and soul? When he gives away his third penalty is he the heart and soul? When he rushes out of the defensive line for his attention whoring big shot and barely wraps his arm and causes a line break is he the heart and soul? When he misses easy tackles that leads to tries is he the heart and soul ?
Pretty sure 6 weeks ago Everyone on here was calling him a shit c#$@, now he's the saviour, apparently.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the Manly game revisited, they took their eyes off the Premiership again, if they have no faith, how are we supposed to?
They have the potential but its not being squeezed out of them or they genuinely don't appreciate representing the Bulldogs at that level.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds time was always up at the club. He had enough chances to steer the side to win. He is a level behind the good playmakers in the comp. The reason they signed Mbye at the time was potential and other clubs being interested.

That retention of Mbye is now looking like the reverse situation of letting Thurston go. Whoever decided on the money and time frame for Mbye's deal should no longer have a job at the club. He is a failure in the halves without question. Whether he works out as a hooker or fullback who knows. But I can say for sure that letting Reynolds go was not a mistake. The mistake was not letting Mbye go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.