Heart & Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I fear we have made a monumental error in letting go Josh Reynolds who is ultimately our heart and soul.

Here's a guy who bleeds blue and white and has the respect of all of the playing group and is one of the vital cogs in keeping team unity and belief.

He's also a guy that plays with his heart on his sleeve and puts in 100% effort and often gets opportunities from the ones he creates by never giving up on a play or trying to create.

He was the last piece of an organically grown Bulldog with pure local DNA.

When you really think about it, did he deserve to earn less than Mbye

Mbye has had alot of opportunities to step up and I can't see how and why he warrants 750+ per year but he is getting it.

We've parted ways with the wrong half... look at all the drama and rumblings that has occurred since. Even Klemmer is wanting out..

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We offered him what he was worth, and more in my opinion.
He decided to go, see ya.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He took the money, which is his right.

He will play out his career at WT and that's what he will be rembered for.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We didn't let him go.
Me made him an offer, and he chose money over the club he "bleeds for".
To be fair if someone offered me near double the wage i was on id " go bleed " for them .theres a fine line between loyalty and stupidity and i wont hold anything against Reynolds for that.
Not the smartest player but gave his all while he is with us and id imagine he will bust his **** out when he returns.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair if someone offered me near double the wage i was on id " go bleed " for them .theres a fine line between loyalty and stupidity and i wont hold anything against Reynolds for that.
Not the smartest player but gave his all while he is with us and id imagine he will bust his **** out when he returns.
100%
I'm not hating him either.
I do however hate people suggesting that we just let him go.
We made an offer. He received a better offer. He took it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We didn't let him go.
Me made him an offer, and he chose money over the club he "bleeds for".
Bro that's the biggest bullshit... When everyone around is getting 200k+ upgrades and then u get 25k that in business terms means your getting pushed out.

There is a reason Castle got the axe and the mismanagement of the cap resulting in the loss of Reynolds is surely one of them.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
100%
Id take a kick in the nuts to get away from hasler

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100%
By not matching an offer, we are effectively letting him go.. we had a choice too and loyalty goes both ways.

Do I think he's worth 750K? For his skill set alone no, but everything else he brings with him that money can't buy, yes.

Let's see how much of a Sh!tcase the club ends up being this year before we truely understand the impact of the decision. I'm only just starting to see it now...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers over paid massively for Reynolds we would have been in a deeper hole then we are now if we matched it. If any player doesn't want to be here because of it they can go to!
Smarter option would have been to release Kas, Eastwood and Graham to keep Reynolds, Elliot and be cap happy.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By not matching an offer, we are effectively letting him go.. we had a choice too and loyalty goes both ways.

Do I think he's worth 750K? For his skill set alone no, but everything else he brings with him that money can't buy, yes.

Let's see how much of a Sh!tcase the club ends up being this year before we truely understand the impact of the decision. I'm only just starting to see it now...
I bet you he would have stayed if he got 750k offer from the dogs.. the fact he didn't even get close to that is ridiculous.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smarter option would have been to release Kas, Eastwood and Graham to keep Reynolds, Elliot and be cap happy.
Why would it be the smarter option? We would still be over paying for Reynolds? You absolutely ruin your cap when you overpay.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both things might be true.

Question is: If we had not been committed to Dud Mbye on a ridiculous salary would we have gone Foran - Reynolds?
We might have zigged when we should have zagged.

Anyway like you guys I'm disappointed with the way this is all going and the two year extension of Des seems a very poor decisions right now.
Basically Foran and Woods are going a broken squad.

That will not turn around in two seasons.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I bet you he would have stayed if he got 750k offer from the dogs.. the fact he didn't even get close to that is ridiculous.
The club basically said we think Mbye is better than you.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would it be the smarter option? We would still be over paying for Reynolds? You absolutely ruin your cap when you overpay.
Firstly because were paying overs for those dud forwards and secondly because Reynolds would have taken 750k quiet sufficient for a 5/8.

Last edited:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I love that Reynolds plays for our jersey proudly & I'm also happy Reynolds got his money lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club basically said we think Mbye is better than you.
No I'm pretty sure the club told him we fucked up with Mbye but our hands are tied cause nobody wants the fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.