Heart & Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's not with $750k!
Really? Seriously? The kid is a seasoned pro that gets you points and saves you some. His on field energy for a footy team can lift fellow players out of fatigue and also swing momentum. For some reason people tend to think if u cant kick a ball on a dime or pass it through a gun barrel your not worth the money... Its a ridiculous way to think and I'm positive most people who think like that have not played with a footy team on a footy field.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seems to be many that are forgetting the number of fuck ups he makes per game. He can give you two tries every now and then but he regularly bombs three tries in a game. That's the downside of exuberance.

Listening to Buzz, Dib told him the Tiggers offer was $1m higher over four years...stupid money. And now he has the beginnings of a chronic hamstring (imo).

He could've waited to see if the club could offload Mo$e$, but he chose to jump early.

I still would prefer he partnered Foran than Mo$e$, but it didn't work out that way.

Anyway Fuck Des.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Ffs get over the MYTH

6 years and produced fuk all

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yes the theory of JR is sound but unfortunately he didn't/doesn't have the talent required to hold a FG spot other than the bench and then you could launch and argument that you would be wasting a bench spot. Josh Jackson is someone you can build a club around!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds, Graham and Jackson strike me as the only three players in our squad that don't let a scoreline deficit convince them to take an early shower, and Graham isn't the fiery player that I grew to admire since black Friday and earning the captaincy. We'll miss his enthusiasm next year. I think that alone justifies giving him a big pay day. The tigers really lack that and if he bolsters the fighting spirit there he'll earn what others consider to be an over payment.

I feel massively short changed considering we pay Mbye more than Reynolds and I don't blame him for one second for moving on given the circumstances. I could stomach the mis-match if Mbye looked like he gave his best, but often I think he's one of the first players to start planning mentally to rush back to the dressing room when t he game could still be won. At times he just didn't seem to give a shit. He's earning big money whether he tries or not. Watch him start showing up in his final year on contract.

I don't see much point in complaining about it though. Sadly we've lost one of the players that gave us some spirit. Hopefully Foran justifies letting Reynolds go but I'm going to hate seeing Reynolds in another teams colours.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By not matching an offer, we are effectively letting him go.. we had a choice too and loyalty goes both ways.

Do I think he's worth 750K? For his skill set alone no, but everything else he brings with him that money can't buy, yes.

Let's see how much of a Sh!tcase the club ends up being this year before we truely understand the impact of the decision. I'm only just starting to see it now...
So every player that takes up a bigger offer has been pushed out ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really? Seriously? The kid is a seasoned pro that gets you points and saves you some. His on field energy for a footy team can lift fellow players out of fatigue and also swing momentum. For some reason people tend to think if u cant kick a ball on a dime or pass it through a gun barrel your not worth the money... Its a ridiculous way to think and I'm positive most people who think like that have not played with a footy team on a footy field.
For a seasoned pro he still has plenty of errors and brain explosions. On his day he's a good player but you never know when you are getting those days. He's not a bad player but he's not worth that money just my opinion.
You say he swings momentum you never know if it's going to be a positive or negative swing....

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For a seasoned pro he still has plenty of errors and brain explosions. On his day he's a good player but you never know when you are getting those days. He's not a bad player but he's not worth that money just my opinion.
You say he swings momentum you never know if it's going to be a positive or negative swing....
That's a characteristic of our other x-factor player (Kasiano) and lately nothing Kas seems to try comes up trumps. I think Reynolds had finally shown some true maturity on field this year. Next year might be his best yet and it won't be for us. I think that opinions are going to be fairly divided about Reynolds but for me it was a really sad thing to hear the club couldn't find the money to keep him here.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Losing him is bad but there's two things to remember:

A) we didn't let him go. Tigers were willing to pay a lot more than us. A lot more than he's worth

B) if we're relying on one player to save us then we're never going to succeed. We need a real team with a real coach

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds is worth Kas,Eastwood & Mbyes wages put together.

The dogs offered JR a contract where he had no other option than to look elsewhere

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everything points to Desmondo, I don't want to deflect from the real source of the clubs irreversible problems for 2017.

He hasn't been able to adapt to a new era of football, he's had plenty of time and is nowhere near close.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds is worth Kas,Eastwood & Mbyes wages put together.

The dogs offered JR a contract where he had no other option than to look elsewhere
Mbye $650k
Eastwood $400k
Kasiano $400k
So you think Reynolds is worth $1.45 million ?

They were fairly low estimates aswell!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds would have missed a many tackles as the rest on the weekend. He wouldn't of had any more heart and soul then the rest of the pretenders. He left us for cash

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When Reynolds trips is he the heart and soul? When he gives away his third penalty is he the heart and soul? When he rushes out of the defensive line for his attention whoring big shot and barely wraps his arm and causes a line break is he the heart and soul? When he misses easy tackles that leads to tries is he the heart and soul ?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think what everyone's pissed off about is the club chose Mbye over Reynolds.

You ask the fans who they would have chose and 95% of them would have said Reynolds.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I still stand by the claim he was never offered a contract at all. I dont give a fuck if u believe me or not.
He would have signed last year if they had offered him anything. But Hasler didnt want him and was chasing Foran. Players are fully aware of whats going on and this club has gone to shit.. players want out..

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything points to Desmondo, I don't want to deflect from the real source of the clubs irreversible problems for 2017.

He hasn't been able to adapt to a new era of football, he's had plenty of time and is nowhere near close.
Exactly rite! Which player out there actually know or look like they know what they're doin. The lot look lost and playing like they have no ability, coz its been raped out of em.

Status
Not open for further replies.