Opinion Have Any of Barrett's Signings Made An Impact?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The rumours around Hoppa give me some element of confidence that we may be able to get TPJ over in the coming weeks.
Are we offloading Hoppa to Broncos or something ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They were all shit signings. Thankfully Burton, Fox and Naden are way better than Allan, Flamingo, Waddell and Hetherington.

Obviously there'll be a lot more signings and maybe players released early (possibly Elliott, Allan, Flanagan?) before next season. The biggest worry is if they sign more flops like this years recruits or not to make up 95% of the cap.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett is rubbish. His eye for talent is rubbish. His assistants are rubbish. Luckily we have some level heads at Board level and with Warburton in charge.
Here it comes

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The short answer is no.. Id love to know what they are being paid... Because they are all garbage.. it's a pretty poor reflection on the coach that everyone is performing in career worst form...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys just chill a bit. I hate losing and it’s hard at the moment but already our team next year is poised to look a lot different than today. The only one that will be in the full strength starting side next year is Averillo. With so many signings to be announced (so my side below isn’t accurate), just try watch the players that are going to be around next year and hope they develop. Look at the backline for example.

1 Meaney — JAC
2 Allan — Cotric
3 Hoppa — Naden
4 Manu — Schoupp
5 Katoa — Okunbor
6 Flanagan — Burton
7 Averillo
And the forwards - where it matters?

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because he is shit.
Yep. We won 3 games last year and 2 so far.

Roosters got belted = Robinson shit coach.
Canberra belted = Stuart shit coach.
Wests (at full strength) belted by Storm - shit coach
Souths belted a few weeks ago - Bennett shit coach
Cowboys down by 22 before half time - Payten shit coach

I won't go on. Baz had 12 first graders (reserve graders at best) unavailable today.

Arm chair critics.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NO!!

but this is the worst doggies squad in past and present years.!!!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I respect your optimism regarding Barrett.

But, seriously we were playing better when Georgallis stepped in…

Georgallis!!

Barrett has taken us backwards.

Just stating facts.
Agree, in summary Hasler, Pay, Georgallis, Barrett all had dud teams to field during their tenures here, but Barrett has looked the worst

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guys just chill a bit. I hate losing and it’s hard at the moment but already our team next year is poised to look a lot different than today. The only one that will be in the full strength starting side next year is Averillo. With so many signings to be announced (so my side below isn’t accurate), just try watch the players that are going to be around next year and hope they develop. Look at the backline for example.

1 Meaney — JAC
2 Allan — Cotric
3 Hoppa — Naden
4 Manu — Schoupp
5 Katoa — Okunbor
6 Flanagan — Burton
7 Averillo
Now do the forwards :grinning:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really thought Hetherington could've been a dominant forward for us. Instead he's a penalty riddled deadshit who loves a cheap shot.
I think his card has been stamped by both the referees & the judiciary. He looks at someone & gets penalised

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep. We won 3 games last year and 2 so far.

Roosters got belted = Robinson shit coach.
Canberra belted = Stuart shit coach.
Wests (at full strength) belted by Storm - shit coach
Souths belted a few weeks ago - Bennett shit coach
Cowboys down by 22 before half time - Payten shit coach

I won't go on. Baz had 12 first graders (reserve graders at best) unavailable today.

Arm chair critics.
Today was a whole of club effort

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t understand y the knives are out for Barrett,is he the one dropping the ball,on 1 st tackle,is he the one missing one on one tackles2 sets of six sgains,and this all in the first 10 mins,this current side will go down as the worst ever,to wear a bulldogs jersey,