Haslers future will be decided on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
But what of the GPS trackers? And what becomes of the CCTV cameras perched upon the posts, swaying back and forth in the mild wind, that captured the movements of one Aiden Tolman dying on the 5th while Desmond so eloquently peered above his clipboard...?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raelene needs to go before we buy our memberships.
Don't you dare give in yet guyssssa!

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks letting Des go is going to help has rocks in their heads. Letting him go in 2nd week in October without a appropriate alternative is completely writing off next season before they even start pre-season.
The amount of work and planning behind pre-season for a new coach and his staff to organise within 4 weeks before preseason starts is stupid.

Also people who don't renew their membership because of castle, Des or the 7th placing this year are truly not supports of the team.. Through thick and thin you never walk away!

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks letting Des go is going to help has rocks in their heads. Letting him go in 2nd week in October without a appropriate alternative is completely writing off next season before they even start pre-season.
The amount of work and planning behind pre-season for a new coach and his staff to organise within 4 weeks before preseason starts is stupid.

Also people who don't renew their membership because of castle, Des or the 7th placing this year are truly not supports of the team.. Through thick and thin you never walk away!
It's a write off anyone if he stays. So what's the difference

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahahah you're ok Wolfy I feel you're a moderate feminist who think women should get equal opportunities without being given picky backs up the promotion line? Which is what I'm for.
But There literally is no need for feminism in the west anymore though, like seriously it's beyond the joke.
Did you watch the YouTube vid I posted in my feminism vs fact thread? Haha
Firstly , yes I did watch the you tube video you posted and I thought they both had very good points. The problem with debates are , facts tend to be strategically hidden so its really difficult to form a conclusion.
As far as me being a feminist goes pfffft I am too arrogant to accept that I was given something just because I'm a woman.
I used to be one of only a few female computer programmers at qantas back in the late 90's , I was affectionately ( I think it was affectionately) known as the token female lol.
I don't think I got it because I was female . I was studying computer science while working as a computer operator and they were looking for someone to work in programming / automating the mini systems.
I sat an internal test with about 10 others and I got the job.
Anyhow since leaving a predominantly male industry with male dominated management to working in an industry heavy in female management ,I've noticed a gaping difference in style.
Males are more focused on making sure the product is delivered , often overlooking small things like being late for work whereas females focus on petty shit like, do your shoes match your outfit and omg you were 3 minutes late to work regardless of how great you deliver the service/product or whether you've worked through your lunch break they'll go to town on you ,they'll make your life a living hell if you challenge them .
So in short I don't agree with giving females a job just because they're females , like most people on here I think the job should go to best suited candidate.
The introduction of having a quota for females / aboriginals / minorities or whatever in a otherwise male industry or female industry is a way forward in allowing all people to break through that stereotype and getting the right person for the job .
Imagine if stereotypical female industries such as cooking, fashion design , dancing were not accepting of males we'd never have masterchef or dolce and gababana etc

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trent Robinson & Paul Green say Hi

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score

better 2nd week of October then week 2 of the season.

4 weeks is plenty of time to organise preseason training for an experienced coach like cleary. Plus the start of preseason is all fitness work. Someone like Cleary would have people who he'd want to bring into the club.

It's the perfect time to terminate a coach if it's to be done.

And whos to say someone like Cleary hasn't been approached weeks ago and the club was just trying to rid Hasler from the club?

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does not sit well with me about Ivan Cleary is
Why did he get sacked with panthers

I still think we go hard for Walters or pay
Gould is the smartest operator in RL.

He brought Ivan over, knowing Nathan Cleary would come along. Gould spotted Nathan and had a plan to bring him over.

Threw him into the juniors, promised him the world and now is playing first grade.

Father and Son partnership in todays day, in sport, will not work. Gould knew thisand planned it out magnificently

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh he is a stubborn mule with his reputation on the line... Wouldn't you think someone like him would want to prove people wrong?
Thats the main reason why he hasn't changed a thing. He'll try it again next year to prove himself right but he'll fail again.

Reactions: GDR

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-this-week-reports/1e223y0nnrisr1bul96fjtlxh5
By Jack McAnespie

Updated at 5:22 a.m. ET
Des Hasler looks all but gone at the Canterbury Bulldogs, with rumours circling that a contract dispute will see him out the door at Belmore.

According to Nine News, Hasler’s stay at the Bulldogs could expire as early as this week, with club directors set to hold an emergency board meeting at Canterbury Leagues Club on Friday.

Nine’s Neil Breen has reported that “several” board members have withdrawn support for Hasler as coach on a number of grounds.

It is understood board members have become disgruntled at Hasler’s poor grasp on the culture of the club, his unwillingness to foster and nurture young players and junior rugby league, poor management of football department funds, along with the club’s lacklustre effort in this year’s finals series.

In addition to this, some factions of the board are unhappy with the club’s style of play, and fear it is having a negative impact on the amount of members re-signing with the club for next season.

Hasler has been at the helm of the Dogs for five seasons, guiding them to two grand finals in that time, and is contracted for next season.

A clause in Hasler’s formally-tabled two year contract extension suggested the side needed to finish in the top four each year he was at the helm, and a payout on next year’s contract could reach up to one million dollars, according to Nine News.

The likelihood of the 55-year-old keeping his job in 2017 looks to be incredibly slim.

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wont be happy until she goes no offense raelene but u have no fuking idea,u are driving a power house club blind!!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be real. Cleary is not the panacea.

Always thought he was overrated anyway.

Mick potter... What's he done?

Hagan has to be the man, as assistant with a mal meninga like man manager.

Fuck dymock. He was offensive coach, and I don't care if he was just "following orders"

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's be real. Cleary is not the panacea.

Always thought he was overrated anyway.

Mick potter... What's he done?

Hagan has to be the man, as assistant with a mal meninga like man manager.

Fuck dymock. He was offensive coach, and I don't care if he was just "following orders"
I'm not sure Hagan is the answer he hasn't coached NRL for over 10 years and I'm pretty sure he had to stop because he had a serious heart condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.