Hasler: We dont want unhappy players in our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler didnt hide behind his family as an excuse.
He did. He also posted pictures of sunsets in Belmore and posted them up on instantgrams and said he misses them. Because there's no son in Manly. Only in Belmore.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And Hasler was more then willing to come accross at the end of his Manly contract. Its not his nor the Bulldogs fault that Manly terminated his contract one year early...

So you cant really compare the Hasler situatuion with the Barba situation.
Too right my friend

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol k.e. go hard son. Nicer food in belmore than womanly.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the nrl must sanction all these player managers who are the ones leading players into breaking contracts, under no circumstances should managers be shopping around current contracted players to other clubs, the nrl must introduce a strict set of rules regarding a trading period for players and heavily fine or suspend player agents who break these rules

there must be a stop put on player agents breaking contracts like has happened with milford and barba

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the nrl must sanction all these player managers who are the ones leading players into breaking contracts, under no circumstances should managers be shopping around current contracted players to other clubs, the nrl must introduce a strict set of rules regarding a trading period for players and heavily fine or suspend player agents who break these rules
There are rules in place already. The unprofessional joke that is the NRL management are powerless and too stupid to actually punish those involved.

Just take a look at the last three major salary cap breaches and how they unfolded:

2002- Canterbury Bulldogs. Rorting the cap and conspiracy to commit further rorting. Uncovered by a Sydney Morning Hearld journalist. NOT by the NRL.

2006. New Zealand Warriors. Rorting the cap by one millions dollars plus. New management dobbed in former management. NOT found out by the NRL.

2010. Melbourne Storm. Rorting the cap for FIVE years. Constant questions being asked by every man and their dog yet the NRL did nothing. A whistleblower exposed the 5 years of fraud. AGAIN, not found by the NRL.

Three MASSIVE breaches were not found out by the NRL. WTF?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont mind this:

1. J Morris

3. Lafai
4. Inu

We need some good wingers but. I reckon Morris can develop into a great fullback with time, his got all the tools.
Okay silva and all you other passionate Bulldogs fans, don't lynch me for this one. Try to think about it a minute before you string me up. The next period for the Bulldogs is "Life Without Barba". This is not just securing a fullback to replace him but moulding a team that will be a genuine premiership contender without him.

Big fast wingers who can contest the high ball in both attack and defence.are a must. And I'm not disregarding Krisnan Inu here. I remember him putting brilliant performances on the left wing. Going back two games when we hit rock bottom against the Titans left winger Mitch Brown was one who went okay. He's not tthe fastest flanker around but he was very safe taking the high ball under pressure, defended well, got knocked out by Nate Myles and still contested the high ball successfully when he recovered.

Josh Morris is improving at fullback but he is already a class act centre. I'd prefer to see him stay there. So what I'd lilkr to see is:

1 Mitch Brown (or say Sam Tomkins)
2 New Winger (or Krisnan Inu)
3 Tim Lafai
4 Josh Morris
5 New Winger

In not naming Sam Perrett I'm not saying he's a dud. He's not, he does some good things, I just think we need some one better. So what do you think fellas? Will a classy threequarter line and a safe no frills fullback get us there?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
There are rules in place already. The unprofessional joke that is the NRL management are powerless and too stupid to actually punish those involved.

Just take a look at the last three major salary cap breaches and how they unfolded:

2002- Canterbury Bulldogs. Rorting the cap and conspiracy to commit further rorting. Uncovered by a Sydney Morning Hearld journalist. NOT by the NRL.

2006. New Zealand Warriors. Rorting the cap by one millions dollars plus. New management dobbed in former management. NOT found out by the NRL.

2010. Melbourne Storm. Rorting the cap for FIVE years. Constant questions being asked by every man and their dog yet the NRL did nothing. A whistleblower exposed the 5 years of fraud. AGAIN, not found by the NRL.

the salary cap auditor needs an audit done on him

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Okay silva and all you other passionate Bulldogs fans, don't lynch me for this one. Try to think about it a minute before you string me up. The next period for the Bulldogs is "Life Without Barba". This is not just securing a fullback to replace him but moulding a team that will be a genuine premiership contender without him.

Big fast wingers who can contest the high ball in both attack and defence.are a must. And I'm not disregarding Krisnan Inu here. I remember him putting brilliant performances on the left wing. Going back two games when we hit rock bottom against the Titans left winger Mitch Brown was one who went okay. He's not tthe fastest flanker around but he was very safe taking the high ball under pressure, defended well, got knocked out by Nate Myles and still contested the high ball successfully when he recovered.

Josh Morris is improving at fullback but he is already a class act centre. I'd prefer to see him stay there. So what I'd lilkr to see is:

3 Tim Lafai
4 Josh Morris
5 New Winger

In not naming Sam Perrett I'm not saying he's a dud. He's not, he does some good things, I just think we need some one better. So what do you think fellas? Will a classy threequarter line and a safe no frills fullback get us there?
Are you insane, doesn't Inu and Perrett have like 3 more years here, how is this train of thought logical? are they simply going to disappear from our team are they?..

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

I've always thought we got busted due to a disgruntled staff member, similar to Storm

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always thought we got busted due to a disgruntled staff member, similar to Storm
Wasn't it something to do with a disgruntled builder involved in the oasis project that dobbed us in maybe to the SMH journo?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't think we shouldn't release him.....if us normal people sign contracts we are kept to them full stop! When I was in QLD my father who was on the transplant list due to kidney failure took a turn for the worst and only had 10 months left before he was to be taken off the transplant list due to his age (basically had 10 months to get a transplant or die). I tried to get out of my lease to move back down closer (he was 1200km away) but there was no way that the real estate was letting me move anywhere until my lease had expired in 12 months time....luckily he got a transplant a couple of months before he was due to be taken off

let the little prick rot away in reggies, I have no sympathy for him what so ever

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Not sure why people hate on Perrett and Brown so much.

We cant have a superstar in every position. Brown and Perrett do more than a capable job.
They are among our top try scorers this year. It doesnt take a genius to catch the ball from a Reynolds/Morris pass to score.

I will shoot myself if we ever spent a lot of money on a winger. Thats the last position i'd want to spend loads of money on.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't it something to do with a disgruntled builder involved in the oasis project that dobbed us in maybe to the SMH journo?
I thought they were closer to the club than that meh not sure now , just always thought it was a whistleblower rather than a journo

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a little wanker. So even though he has signed a legally binding contract he can just turn around and say im not happy and leave. WTF. What is stopping any player from doing the same? The NRL and Canterbury must make an example out of this ungreatful pri*k. yet as a member of you sign for a year membership and wish to cancel you cant!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they were closer to the club than that meh not sure now , just always thought it was a whistleblower rather than a journo
Yeah mate you could be right, my memory of it is a little hazy ;-) ...haha i think it's one of those denial things, nope didn't happen..brain file that one away DEEP.

silva

Utility
Reaction score

3 Tim Lafai
4 Josh Morris
5 New Winger

I think your geein up..hope you are anyway

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been mentioned but Brisbane should pay him the same wage we do to prove he is moving for family and not money.

Edit - Sorry wrong thread.

N

Natboy

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Brisbane should pay him the same wage we do to prove he is moving for family and not money.

Edit - Sorry wrong thread.
How could you get confused mate?? There are only 14 threads on Barba haha :grinning:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler: We dont want unhappy players in our club
The title should have been

Hasler: We don't want greedy, unappreciative, brain dead players that makes up excuses for more money controlled by a deceiving player manager in our club

Status
Not open for further replies.