Rumour Has anyone got any news on a 9 or forwards?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know we have 14 off contract at the end of the year and we are trying to horse trade dwz so it becomes a maths equation : 15 (14 if DWZ doesnt go) less of who we retain of the 14 (3 or less), who we are promoting from juniors into top 30 & the 3 we know are coming next year. Say we retain 3 of the 14 & promote 2 juniors then we got 6 new signings incoming for next year alone. So at some stage in the next 3 months there has to be a lot of news coming out of the "dome of silence"

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the club seems very quiet with whats meant to be a big recruitment drive year after years of cap mismanagement etc, it seems like every other club is making announcement but ours as other have eluded to the silence is deafening surley something big is brewing....
There is something brewing and if it ever eventuates, look out…. I’m not saying it’s going to eventuate though, massive Long shot

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really believe Burton and Averillo or Allan if playing in our spine need a couple of experienced spine members in Johnson and Hodgson. If we go into next year with 4 youngsters we'll be very sorry. Youth is good for the future in 1-2 positions but you can't have 3 or 4 members of your spine with little first grade experience. The spine are your decision makers on where the ball travels. It usually takes several seasons of experience to play eyes up good footy in first grade. Imagine the confidence it would give Averillo or Allan at fullback and Burton at 5/8 if they had SJ and Hodgson in their team helping direct plays.

Last edited:

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought there was a Starling thread, from memory yet to be resigned played ok to good last night and when he scored did a call me gesture. Maybe not wanting to stay at raiders and can’t talk yet? Haven’t watched much of him looks a little grantish the way he moves could be an option for hooker.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought there was a Starling thread, from memory yet to be resigned played ok to good last night and when he scored did a call me gesture. Maybe not wanting to stay at raiders and can’t talk yet? Haven’t watched much of him looks a little grantish the way he moves could be an option for hooker.
Haha good pickup on the phone call, I like it. Wondered what it could be

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would definitely love him. He has raw potential and reminds me of Cook when he played with us. According to Zero Tackle, he signed till the end of 2022. That try out of DH was great last night, surely he isn’t happy playing behind Hodgson.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Conner Watson play hooker at the Roosters ? he is shopping himself around ringing coaches apparently might be a good buy for a decent price.

Reactions: ATT

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve mentioned Connor Watson before I’d take him as an utility/2nd row.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did Conner Watson play hooker at the Roosters ? he is shopping himself around ringing coaches apparently might be a good buy for a decent price.

Might end up at the Sharks meaning McInnes might become available if Fitzgibbon don't want him.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We just re-signed a mediocre hooker we dont need another one.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to that boxer we were going to sign?

headless

Waterboy
Reaction score
These are two positions we massively need to strengthen next year, I know there is time still but the lack of quality forwards available and Smith seemingly unlikely, does anyone have any good transfer rumours to share?!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to that boxer we were going to sign?
Willis Meehan. Have not heard anything for a while about him. Was reported on a facebook page I think, nothing official.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Decided not to pursue Smith because we figured out he is less talented than JMK.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kurt DeLewis did a good tackle
We should get him and he could do good playing for us

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We re-signed jmk which to me suggests we were unable to land anyone else. As for forwards I can see Atoni and Ogden re-signed and that finalises that.