Rumour Has anyone got any news on a 9 or forwards?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are two positions we massively need to strengthen next year, I know there is time still but the lack of quality forwards available and Smith seemingly unlikely, does anyone have any good transfer rumours to share?!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
These are two positions we massively need to strengthen next year, I know there is time still but the lack of quality forwards available and Smith seemingly unlikely, does anyone have any good transfer rumours to share?!
yes we signed cam smith out of retirement and we also signed JT from cowboys. Negotiating with Papi and Munster, what a team for next year

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is the position (9) our team really need to get right for next year. But for a talented Hooker - they won’t come cheap. I really hope they have a plan or we’re going to struggle again next year.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is the position (9) our team really need to get right for next year. But for a talented Hooker - they won’t come cheap. I really hope they have a plan or we’re going to struggle again next year.
Agree, a 9 and a big forward to give us some more metres and it ll lay a great platform for our backs!

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith wants to come next season with JAC. Storm are playing hardball.
I hope you’re right but it doesn’t seem like it. He seemed pretty happy a few weeks ago when he said he was happy to be at the storm for 2022

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen tons of people saying Smith will come with no actual evidence for Smith coming (I hope im wrong)
He's staying at the Storm, and in 2023 will probably approach the new Brisbane team for the hooker role.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is my breakdown.

18 players contracted for next year. Assuming we elevate Schoupp and Heleta with DWZ leaving, that will go to 19. I think Alamoti will be on a development contract but not entirely sure.

Off Contract
Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, JMK, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, James Roumanos, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith

Resigned
Renouf Atoni, JMK, Nick Meaney, Jayden Okunbor, Ava Seumanufagai

In
Shaun Johnson, Jaydn Su’a, Thomas Mikaele, Connor Watson/Siliva Havili/Mitch Kenny (my preference in that order for utility value), 2x Min Wage Juniors

Out
Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Tui Katoa, Sione Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, James Roumanous, Chris Smith.

Breakdown of 30

(9) Outside Backs – JAC, Allan, Averillo (FB), Cotric, Meaney, Naden, Okunbor, Schoupp, Heleta.

(4) Halves – Burton, Flanagan, SJ, Wakeham

(3) Hookers/Utility – Connor Watson (2 years not long term), JMK (Cup Hooker), Topine

(12) Forwards – Atoni, Doorey, Elliott, RFM, Hetherington, Jackson, Mikaele, Seumanufagai, Stimson, Su’a, Thompson, Waddell

(2) Undecided – 2 x Min Wage Juniors

Best 17
1 Avo
2 Cotric (RW)
3 Naden (RC)
4 Schoupp (LC)
5 JAC (LW)
6 Burton
7 SJ
8 Hetherington
9 Watson
10 Thompson
11 Elliott
12 Doorey
13 Jackson

14 Topine
15 RFM
16 Seumanufagai/Mikaele
17 Su’a

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my breakdown.

18 players contracted for next year. Assuming we elevate Schoupp and Heleta with DWZ leaving, that will go to 19. I think Alamoti will be on a development contract but not entirely sure.

Off Contract
Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, JMK, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, James Roumanos, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith

Resigned
Renouf Atoni, JMK, Nick Meaney, Jayden Okunbor, Ava Seumanufagai

In
Shaun Johnson, Jaydn Su’a, Thomas Mikaele, Connor Watson/Siliva Havili/Mitch Kenny (my preference in that order for utility value), 2x Min Wage Juniors

Out
Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Tui Katoa, Sione Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, James Roumanous, Chris Smith.

Breakdown of 30

(9) Outside Backs – JAC, Allan, Averillo (FB), Cotric, Meaney, Naden, Okunbor, Schoupp, Heleta.

(4) Halves – Burton, Flanagan, SJ, Wakeham

(3) Hookers/Utility – Connor Watson (2 years not long term), JMK (Cup Hooker), Topine

(12) Forwards – Atoni, Doorey, Elliott, RFM, Hetherington, Jackson, Mikaele, Seumanufagai, Stimson, Su’a, Thompson, Waddell

(2) Undecided – 2 x Min Wage Juniors

Best 17
1 Avo
2 Cotric (RW)
3 Naden (RC)
4 Schoupp (LC)
5 JAC (LW)
6 Burton
7 SJ
8 Hetherington
9 Watson
10 Thompson
11 Elliott
12 Doorey
13 Jackson

14 Topine
15 RFM
16 Seumanufagai/Mikaele
17 Su’a
You wouldn't start Su'a? And you'd continue to play Elliot?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You wouldn't start Su'a? And you'd continue to play Elliot?
Yeah not entirely sure. More I think about it I probably would start Su'a but I've just got this incline that Elliott will come good. I guess it's hard to pick Su'a when he is in reserve grade.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the club seems very quiet with whats meant to be a big recruitment drive year after years of cap mismanagement etc, it seems like every other club is making announcement but ours as other have eluded to the silence is deafening surley something big is brewing....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
the club seems very quiet with whats meant to be a big recruitment drive year after years of cap mismanagement etc, it seems like every other club is making announcement but ours as other have eluded to the silence is deafening surley something big is brewing....
We need a hooker and prop that're going to make a difference and there are little to none available (missed Leniu and Rudolf), our transfer targets are contracted players now (B. Smith), a lot harder to get done.