News Harry Grant is set to ask the Storm for a release

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've never said it's a fact. You're the only saying it's a fact.
You said we low balled him not me. Go back and read your own posts.

Going back to my original question 'How do you know we low balled him' ?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe don't low ball Grant this time and we can get him :tonguewink: . I'm almost sure Grant would rather join the Tigers for the same money tho. If we really wanted Grant we needed to sign him for 2021 before he signed his extension with the Storm last year. I said this before and I'll say it again if we're serious we'll offer Grant a deal like Ponga got at the Knights just on a smaller scale. Something like 400-500k (Ponga is rumoured to be on 600k). We did something similar with Lichaa in the past and it back fired but it's the only way we'll be able to get Grant. Grant is the most promising hooker coming through. I hope the Lichaa situation doesn't scare us. If we don't sign Grant (or someone else) before the start of the season we'll see mid season if we had the money or not as I'm pretty sure the club are going to be looking to pick up a mid season signing similar to DWZ. Also if it's a loan (what's in the article) I wouldn't bother. I'd rather give JMK an opportunity.
Does your quote not say 'Maybe don't low ball Grant this time and we can get him '

Correct me but you are saying we low balled him and if we offer better this time we will get him?

If I am reading this wrong please explain it to me then?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You said we low balled him not me. Go back and read your own posts.

Going back to my original question 'How do you know we low balled him' ?
Are you fucking stupid?

"I think it's more likely than not that someone on minimal wage would take that 300-400k (three to four times their previous contract amount) upgrade."

That's why I'm of the opinion we've missed out on Grant and many other players for a similar reason. I explained this to you in my first reply to you. This is the third time (at least) I have sent this to you.

:tonguewink:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you fucking stupid?

"I think it's more likely than not that someone on minimal wage would take that 300-400k (three to four times their previous contract amount) upgrade."

That's why I'm of the opinion we've missed out on Grant and many other players for a similar reason. I explained this to you in my reply to you. This is the third time (at least) I have sent this to you.
You call me stupid and quote yourself again like it is fact?

Trying to change the subject that you said that we low balled him.

And you call me stupid.

upload_2020-2-22_16-30-46.png

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You call me stupid and quote yourself again like it is fact?

Trying to change the subject that you said that we low balled him.

And you call me stupid.

View attachment 13214
LOL. I've never said it was a fact. You're very stupid. I even said it was an "educated guess/filling in the blanks." Now you're just posting dribble. Take the L.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL. I've never said it was a fact. You're very stupid. I even said it was an "educated guess/filling in the blanks."
Actually you did did say it as fact and then quted yourself to pprove yourself right.

Read your own post

A guess it definitely was.

Educated, now that is the funniest thing you have said.

upload_2020-2-22_16-33-16.png

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hope you made that appointment dude.

You are definitely in need of their professional delusional disorder help.

Glad you are seeking the help you need.

I am proud of you.
It's for you. I'm the politician and you're the pleb remember :yum: . I'm arrogant, you're delusional.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's for you. I'm the politician and you're the pleb remember :yum: . I'm arrogant, you're delusional.
Really???

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

You need their help more than I thought.

If I can help in any way, I am here for you Brother.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Really???

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

You need their help more than I thought.

If I can help in any way, I am here for you Brother.
You aren't funny. Go get your own material.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're aren't funny. Go get your own material.
Seriously brother,

I am walking away from this argument because you have gone from delusional to just plain sad and I just feel sorry for you.

Hopefully the Dogs can win this today and bright your miserable day.

Have a good one.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seriously brother,

I am walking away from this argument because you have gone from delusional to just plain sad and I just feel sorry for you.

Hopefully the Dogs can win this today and bright your miserable day.

Have a good one.
My miserable day? Is that a fact?
Anywho Bulldogs getting a win today doesn't do much for me. There's more than just a W or L (e.g. how individuals perform). You've clearly taken a L today and you're still trying to find something else.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Admitting you were guessing and stating that guess as fact is the first step.

Hope you made that appointment dude.

You are definitely in need of their professional delusional disorder help.

Glad you are seeking the help you need.

I am proud of you.

If you need support I am here for you.
You guys :smirk: lol..!!

had to give this a like..!!

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This argument is funny , but for hypothetical, why is offering grant less than 300/400k lowballing . What has he achieved in the game to demand that much. young hookers who have ACTUAL first grade experience (not the odd game ) are on around that money.

anyway let him go to the tigers , as most storm players he will flop elsewhere

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This argument is funny , but for hypothetical, why is offering grant less than 300/400k lowballing . What has he achieved in the game to demand that much. young hookers who have ACTUAL first grade experience (not the odd game ) are on around that money.

anyway let him go to the tigers , as most storm players he will flop elsewhere
I don't think he was lowballed. I think he was after more than what the club were willing to pay. I know for a fact that the club were in talks with him early last season and it came down to 50k or so but I don't know what the total figure was.

Whether that's on Grant or our club is open to debate and I'm sure Bellamy jumped in to convince him to stay in case Cam retired which could have been the deciding factor in him not signing with us.

With Cam playing on, Grant seems to be asking for a release since the loan deal dell through. I don't care what happened before this point but the fact is Grant is potentially available and wouldn't cost much this season. Certainly not more than 300k this late in the offseason when most clubs don't have cap space..

We likely would have an amount close to that still available. It's a matter of whether the club are content with JMK and Katoa moving forward or not. Personally I hope they're still looking for other options for next year and beyond and if Grant is available I hope they make a play for him of available this year because I think he'd be a good addition.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Grant pledges patience after Tigers swap falls through

Impressive Melbourne Storm youngster Harry Grant has vowed to remain patient as he heads into another season knowing he's unlikely to see regular game time at NRL level, due to the club's embarrassment of riches at hooker.

After starting Saturday's trial against the Warriors at dummy-half, Grant was one of the standout players in an 18-16 victory for the Storm in Palmerston North, scoring the opening try and earning praise from assistant coach Marc Brentnall for his efforts in defence.

Following the NRL's blocking of a proposed player swap involving Grant and Wests Tigers centre Paul Momirovski – a deal which would likely have seen Grant slot straight into the NRL line-up – the 22-year-old now faces another season stuck behind Cameron Smith and Brandon Smith as the Storm's third-choice hooker.

But while disappointed the Tigers deal didn't eventuate, Grant said he's happy to continue to bide his time in the Queensland Cup for the time being.

"Obviously it was an exciting time for me, the prospect of playing a bit more NRL," Grant said.

"But in saying that I am keen to learn as much as I can off Cameron Smith and Craig Bellamy.

"I'm in a good system, I'll go back and play Q Cup and just work on my trade.

"I feel like I am ready [for NRL] now definitely. But the thing is you can always build on your performances and that's just what I am going to try and do this year.

"Hopefully when I do get NRL time I just go out there and make the most of it.

"I am as patient as they come, and I have shown that over the past couple of years."

Grant opened the scoring on 11 minutes against the Warriors, looping around back-rower Tom Eisenhuth to collect an offload and cross out wide, in a match where the Storm struck with eight minutes to go to claim a two-point victory.

Standing in as the side's head coach while Bellamy watched on from Australia, Brentnall was full praise for Grant post match.

"Very good, outstanding, he's a clever player and did a good job for us tonight," Brentnall said.

"Some of his efforts – I think he chased down someone on a line break there and ran 50 or 60 metres – and that's just what Harry does every day at training.

"Harry always shows a good attitude. You wouldn't know that anything is going on with the swap.

"He's committed to the club."

Grant wasn't the only young Melbourne spine member to shine in Palmerston North, with fullback Nicho Hynes and halfback Cooper Johns also putting in impressive shifts.

Hynes had a hand in two tries – helping set up Johns late in the second quarter before laying on the match-winner for Chris Lewis – while Johns kicked well and looked comfortable managing the game alongside Ryley Jacks in the halves.

"Nicho had a couple of errors around him today … [but] it's a good sign that he picked himself up after those first couple of errors and ended up setting up the winning try at the end there," Brentnall said.

"We have got high hopes for Nicho. Obviously he is behind Paps [Ryan Papenhuyzen] at the moment, but we want him putting pressure on Paps for that first grade spot.

"I thought Coops and Jacksy did a great job controlling the game tonight.

"We have got some good depth there."

BBQ Sauce

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know that we didn't low ball him, just like I don't know that he assumed that Cameron Smith was going going to retire and he was going to take the reigns of the Storm and he rejected us because of that.

I never gave an opinion either way. You stated that we low balled him, I was just asking whether you knew that for a fact or if you were just guessing.

Since you tried to turn it back on me and didn't answer the question I will assume you were just guessing.
He’s the king of guessing

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he was lowballed. I think he was after more than what the club were willing to pay. I know for a fact that the club were in talks with him early last season and it came down to 50k or so but I don't know what the total figure was.

Whether that's on Grant or our club is open to debate and I'm sure Bellamy jumped in to convince him to stay in case Cam retired which could have been the deciding factor in him not signing with us.

With Cam playing on, Grant seems to be asking for a release since the loan deal dell through. I don't care what happened before this point but the fact is Grant is potentially available and wouldn't cost much this season. Certainly not more than 300k this late in the offseason when most clubs don't have cap space..

We likely would have an amount close to that still available. It's a matter of whether the club are content with JMK and Katoa moving forward or not. Personally I hope they're still looking for other options for next year and beyond and if Grant is available I hope they make a play for him of available this year because I think he'd be a good addition.
I’m curious how much Grant is on as a 3rd strong hooker at the Storm?