News Harry Grant is set to ask the Storm for a release

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never believe anything from Hooper.. if the kid is happy to go to the Tigers then he would have been more than happy to come to a better club

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Harry grant does not want to leave the storm. He’s going to the tigs for 1 year to play first grade then he’s back in melb...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isnt this still only a one year deal though?? I dont think the storm are willing to let him go all together....

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Queensland Cup. Which is probably a better standard than our Reserve Grade. Plus he's been one of the best juniors coming through the grades for years and is held in high regard by one of the best clubs in the comp and by many others.

It is possible that there are good, NRL ready players who haven't been given the chance yet. Look at the impact youngsters like Haas, Flanagan, Xerri, Verillis, Papenhuyzen etc have made out of nowhere within the last year or so...

Would you just be assuming those guys were nobodies and talentless because they hadn't cracked FG to that point?
Billy Brittain was the MOM in the Canterbury Cup and couldnt get a start until now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Billy Brittain was the MOM in the Canterbury Cup and couldnt get a start until now.
Yeah but he's mid 20's and teams have had a good look at him. Grant and the other guys I've mentioned are all 22 and under.

FYI Cody Walker was like 26 by the time he made his FG debut.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you mean “or”? Don’t dismiss the chance to get rid of both...
That would make my day. I don’t see either having much of a future at the club so they should be on the chopping block

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How do you know we "low balled him'?

Do you know this for a fact?

Maybe we just offered what we had left in the salary cap.
I think it's more likely than not that someone on minimal wage would take that 300-400k (three to four times their previous contract amount) upgrade. At that time I think we had a lot of money left in our salary cap. I'm pretty sure we even have enough money left now and like I said in the previous post we'll see mid season assuming we don't sign anyone before the season starts. How do you know we didn't low ball him? How do you know we have nothing left in the salary cap? You have to use the information available to you at least. The fact actually is we were interested and he didn't come. Everything else is an opinion and how you interpret the situation using the information available (that might not be 100% accurate).

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's more likely than not that someone on minimal wage would take that 300-400k (three to four times their previous contract amount) upgrade. At that time I think we had a lot of money left in our salary cap. I'm pretty sure we even have enough money left now and like I said in the previous post we'll see mid season assuming we don't sign anyone before the season starts. How do you know we didn't low ball him? How do you know we have nothing left in the salary cap? You have to use the information available to you at least. The fact actually is we were interested and he didn't come. Everything else is an opinion and how you interpret the situation using the information available (that might not be 100% accurate).
I don't know that we didn't low ball him, just like I don't know that he assumed that Cameron Smith was going going to retire and he was going to take the reigns of the Storm and he rejected us because of that.

I never gave an opinion either way. You stated that we low balled him, I was just asking whether you knew that for a fact or if you were just guessing.

Since you tried to turn it back on me and didn't answer the question I will assume you were just guessing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't know that we didn't low ball him, just like I don't know that he assumed that Cameron Smith was going going to retire and he was going to take the reigns of the Storm and he rejected us because of that.

I never gave an opinion either way. You stated that we low balled him, I was just asking whether you knew that for a fact or if you were just guessing.

Since you tried to turn it back on me and didn't answer the question I will assume you were just guessing.
"I think it's more likely than not that someone on minimal wage would take that 300-400k (three to four times their previous contract amount) upgrade."
"The fact actually is we were interested and he didn't come."
"Everything else is an opinion and how you interpret the situation using the information available (that might not be 100% accurate)."

I've answered your question. I'm allowed to have an educated guess and/or filling in the blanks.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

All he ever does is guess :-)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
All he ever does is guess :-)
Educated guess and/or filling in the blanks. I'd rather that than be blind to the situation we're in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Educated guess and/or filling in the blanks. I'd rather that than be blind to the situation we're in.
Fair enough Brady.
At least you’re claiming guesses now and not facts, that’s good.
Enjoy the game later today.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"I think it's more likely than not that someone on minimal wage would take that 300-400k (three to four times their previous contract amount) upgrade."
"The fact actually is we were interested and he didn't come."
"Everything else is an opinion and how you interpret the situation using the information available (that might not be 100% accurate)."

I've answered your question. I'm allowed to have an educated guess and/or filling in the blanks.
Who exactly are you quoting because none of those quotes are in the article.

I will say again. I have no idea whether we low balled him or if he stayed because he thought he was taking over at the Storm.

I asked if you had facts that we low balled him and you have turned into a politician answering every question except what I asked.

I am just going to assume that you really do not know otherwise your answers wouldn't be so all over the place.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who exactly are you quoting because none of those quotes are in the article.

I will say again. I have no idea whether we low balled him or if he stayed because he thought he was taking over at the Storm.

I asked if you had facts that we low balled him and you have turned into a politician answering every question except what I asked.

I am just going to assume that you really do not know otherwise your answers wouldn't be so all over the place.
I'm quoting myself? I've already answered your question. I've said why I think we low ball offered Grant.

I don't think we offered the appropriate amount. I'm sorry if you're not intelligent enough for my responses. There's nothing I can really do to help you. Why are you allowed to assume? Pick and choose rules to suit your agenda I guess.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm quoting myself? I've already answered your question. I've said why I think we low ball offered Grant.

I don't think we offered the appropriate amount. I'm sorry if you're not intelligent enough for my responses. There's nothing I can really do to help you.
Wow questioning my intelligence when you are making this stuff up.

You really are arrogant aren't you.

Do you know for a fact what we offered?

Again wishy washy not answering any questions and just pretending you have a clue.

Who quotes themselves and as 'FACT' anyway, and you are calling me stupid.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wow questioning my intelligence when you are making this stuff up.

You really are arrogant aren't you.

Do you know for a fact what we offered?

Again wishy washy not answering any questions and just pretending you have a clue.

Who quotes themselves and as 'FACT' anyway, and you are calling me stupid.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"I think it's more likely than not that someone on minimal wage would take that 300-400k (three to four times their previous contract amount) upgrade. At that time I think we had a lot of money left in our salary cap. I'm pretty sure we even have enough money left now and like I said in the previous post we'll see mid season assuming we don't sign anyone before the season starts. How do you know we didn't low ball him? How do you know we have nothing left in the salary cap? You have to use the information available to you at least. The fact actually is we were interested and he didn't come. Everything else is an opinion and how you interpret the situation using the information available (that might not be 100% accurate)."

I didn't quote myself saying it was a fact? I quoted myself answering your question. You're wasting my time. You really grind my gears but because I don't want to get muted or banned I'm not going to tell you what I really think about you. By the way, "I think", means it's an opinion not a fact.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"I think it's more likely than not that someone on minimal wage would take that 300-400k (three to four times their previous contract amount) upgrade. At that time I think we had a lot of money left in our salary cap. I'm pretty sure we even have enough money left now and like I said in the previous post we'll see mid season assuming we don't sign anyone before the season starts. How do you know we didn't low ball him? How do you know we have nothing left in the salary cap? You have to use the information available to you at least. The fact actually is we were interested and he didn't come. Everything else is an opinion and how you interpret the situation using the information available (that might not be 100% accurate)."

I didn't quote myself saying it was a fact? I quoted myself answering your question. You're wasting my time.
Where did the 300 - 400 K come from?

How do you know we had plenty of money in the cap to spend? But at least you are 'Pretty Sure' solid fact right there.

Also the fact we were interested and he didn't come. Very true. Do we know why? No we don't you just assumed we low balled him and ran with it like it was fact.

The sh!t you post on here seems like you have plenty of time to waste.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where did the 300 - 400 K come from?

How do you know we had plenty of money in the cap to spend? But at least you are 'Pretty Sure' solid fact right there.

The sh!t you post on here seems like you have plenty of time to waste.
I've never said it's a fact. You're the only saying it's a fact. The fact is Harry Grant didn't join us even tho we were interested. I have my reason for it and you have yours.