Harper

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the very least he could have been a solid first grader where we could save some money in our cap to splurge for other positions.

There's just no justifiable reason to have persisted with holland montoya and try and the spectacular failed experiment of trying to make smith a centre.

Pay set the club back a few more years
Agree and on top of that we release him mid season to benefit Manly.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he scored 2 tries but let a soft one in as well

Chooky4Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
I must also ask the question as to why Montoya is in our tea each week, seriously, what does he offer, they throw to ball passed him to the winger most times and don' t get me started about his defence,. Great effort when Foggety scored. I thought today was the day to finally win just one more game, no to be. That is us for the year, we won't get anymore this year. Centre is one position that we are very very light on for good players.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No shit. I said he was our best centre in preseason yet he didn't get a look in. Might not be great but on minimum coin and what we had it was ludicrous decision not to play him and allow him to leave
Agree there was a few of us on here saying that Yet there was people on here saying he average and no loss they no just as much as our recruitment and retention committee / coach hopeless

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
First game back after how long being shafted by the coaching at the Bulldogs. Brilliant first game - will only get better with match fitness gained.
And 3rd first grade game.

He wont be anything special but he does a job. A job that is heaps better than the shit dished up by monotya and holland

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didn’t Jmoz even say that Harper was he’s ready made replacement? Baffling we didn’t give him a chance considering what we have ‍
Yep, he said it in 2018.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has the same amount of tries on debut for Manly that Holland has all season for us........
1. Holland is crap

2. Manly have 1000x more creativity than our entire top 30 in their backline

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lol no it isn't. He wouldn't even be playing if Suli was fit.
That may be true but a lot of players make a start by someone else's misfortune. He couldn't get a looking at the Bulldogs with Smith getting game time ahead of him. I think it's great he gets a chance with Manly as it gets him out there, he gets seen and puts his hand up for the starting line up for the remainder of the year. Also gets him in a good position for 2021.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Harper dominated Staggs all game late last season and Staggs is considered one of the best centres in the comp.

I don't think Harper played more than one game for the club again after that while duds like Holland and Montoya are automatic selections each week no matter how badly they play. Then throw in the genius recruitment of Lafai...

Someone try and make sense of that for me..

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He already looks a lot fitter

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Big deal he scored against Doueihi who hasn't played centre all year.