Harper

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago JMoz saying to watch out for this kid Harper... i trust his judgement and reckon harper will come good... not a rock star, but better than what we've got or will have in the next few years

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Proud moment for me that's for sure. Be interesting next week with Manly vs Bulldogs View attachment 16734
ran for 1m for 1st try
ran for 5m for 2nd try
dropped the ball twice which Tigers subsequently scored a try
rushed in to leave a hole for Tigers' 3rd last try
missed a simple tackle (as did a few teammates) to let in Tigers' 2nd last try
outleapt for a Brooks cross kick for the Tigers' last try

12 runs 117m
2 line breaks
6 tackle breaks
17 tackles 3 missed 3 innefective
4 errors

That is a more accurate story - stats from NRL.com

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Same with Josh Cleland, ISP Player of the Year. (Someone rated him). Never got a FG game.

Not saying he was a World beater but did what was asked of him and never given a go when we were absolutely desperate for organising halves. They preferred Lewis.
Totally agree. Loved how Josh always played with such enthusiasm.. was very sad he was never given a go!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ran for 1m for 1st try
ran for 5m for 2nd try
dropped the ball twice which Tigers subsequently scored a try
rushed in to leave a hole for Tigers' 3rd last try
missed a simple tackle (as did a few teammates) to let in Tigers' 2nd last try
outleapt for a Brooks cross kick for the Tigers' last try

12 runs 117m
2 line breaks
6 tackle breaks
17 tackles 3 missed 3 innefective
4 errors

That is a more accurate story - stats from NRL.com
...and still better then Montoya and Holland

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should have been kept especially over duds like Holland and Montoya..but lets not pretend he's the next Inglis or something. Reminds me of a solid 6 out of 10 centre

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Unforgivable letting him go... hopefully TB won’t let this type of thing keep happening

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
...and still better then Montoya and Holland
Well I would suggest that if what happened to Manly was the Canterbury team, the Kennel would be going feral on Harper & saying he cost us the game, isn't a reserve grade footballer & wondering why the hell this guy had been selected. I think he is like Holland, OK in attack but dreadful in defence.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I would suggest that if what happened to Manly was the Canterbury team, the Kennel would be going feral on Harper & saying he cost us the game, isn't a reserve grade footballer & wondering why the hell this guy had been selected. I think he is like Holland, OK in attack but dreadful in defence.
I agree, he is probably on par with Holland. Harper is no world beater, but i reckon he is ahead of Montoya and Reimis, simply because he is at least a centre.