Hard decisons have to be made

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodwinmagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well we havent seen corey payne play for the bulldogs this year except in the trials so how can we determine that hes not gonna have any impact from where hers playing

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
the only way to have a dominant forward pack is for the players to have passion in the jersey. doesn't matter who you sign unless they've come up through the ranks that passion won't always be there. that's how we've always won the comp
exactly! Everyone is wetting themsleves over the 04 team lately with all the YouTube vids...... Were any of them establshed first graders? No, they were mostly brought up through the ranks. Going out there and paying top dollar for players hardly ever produces fruit but planting the seeds and watching them grow does, bar a few spoiled pieces.

well we havent seen corey payne play for the bulldogs this year except in the trials so how can we determine that hes not gonna have any impact from where hers playing
oh sir sir *puts up hand to answer*
Because everyone at the Kennel saw Corey Payne get smashed by Ogre back in 06 so that makes him a sh1t player.

Last edited by a moderator:

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im a big fan of Buddy Gordon and Chris Armit. Halautau must go what a f***** dud buy this pisses me off everyday

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll feel sorry for Danny Williams if he leaves, always did a good job just never lived up to the hype when he was signed.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
tbh armit also has had a decent amount of time to make a name for himself, but never seems to. he may be consistant, but right now, consistant isnt good enough

numba1fan

Waterboy
Reaction score
i really dont see why any of them would be here next year bar armit or gordon but we need some aggression next year mose mose would be a great example

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mose Masoe
Date of Birth : 17 May, 1989
Height : 192 cm
Weight : 115 kg
Position : Prop, 2nd Row.....we need players like this bloke
Yes we do

This bloke was an absolute weapon last weekend against st george

numba1fan

Waterboy
Reaction score
fkn oath he loved putting hits on the dragons he would have somthing in common with our team anyone no wen he is off contract? 2010 hopefully

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we are currently one of the few NRL sides to also have a NSW cup side on top of NYC. Given a few more years we'll probably see a bunch of great 23-25 year olds begging for the opportunity to play there way into an NRL side. Rauicava could be the first good prospect we turn out that had no pathway into the NRL after his 21st birthday. Just think about the fact that every club but ours is letting these guys go to play where they can. according to something i read today, Rauicava gave too much attention to girls and drinking while at Cronulla as a teenager and found himself without a contract when he turned 21. He went away and done gym work and increased his general fitness and was eventually offered a contract with us from wherever he was playing. Lets hope Rauicava is the first of many young players who justify us paying for the NSW Cup side.

If we are smart about it we'll sign some of the prospects that are good but haven't matured yet or who need more time to click. It will pay dividends. For the moment the fact that we have this side to fill will mean we can house a few of our recruits there until we identify the better talent that falls off the production belt at others clubs. If we manage this well it should mean our fringe first graders will generally be a lot better quality than other nrl clubs.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I understand both arguements regarding Morrin and to be honest he doesn't really head the list of great players I have seen but IF our squad this year had shown even 50% of the work ethic and passion he showed whenever he got a chance we would be in the finals!!!!!

B

bahadogg

Out of your list I'd let go:

MICHAEL HODGSON
YILEEN GORDON
CHRIS ARMIT
DENE HALATAU
GARY WARBURTON
COREY PAYNE
BRAD MORRIN
DANNY WILLIAMS
JARRAD HICKEY
BLAKE GREEN
hickey and warburton they are to juniors the club should have faith in them

fkn oath he loved putting hits on the dragons he would have somthing in common with our team anyone no wen he is off contract? 2010 hopefully
i think he should stay at the roosters the bulldogs have idris the club should stop the recruiting

because corey payne gets ko'd everytime he runs the ball and tackles he does more damage to himself

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
you niff nuffs have no clue who are trying to get rid of Brad Morrin.

you are getting a true bulldog who has shown lot of grunt in his runs this season and always put his heart on his sleeve when ever he gets a chance and that too on 70ks/ year.

its a bargain you fools!
You add up all these bs 70k players, you might have a quality 200k player on your hands

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
MICHAEL HODGSON - Past it, but still offers size, I'd keep him
YILEEN GORDON - Keep him PLEASE, and give him more game time
CHRIS ARMIT - Keep him, very good forward IMO
DENE HALATAU - Keep him, never given a decent run in a single position
GARY WARBURTON - No comment, no wait, get ride of him
COREY PAYNE - Never rated him, but to his defense we haven't seen him at all, keep him
BRAD MORRIN - No comment, no wait, get ride of him
DANNY WILLIAMS - No thanks
JARRAD HICKEY - No thanks
BLAKE GREEN - Gone, but he wasn't a bad player

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol im starting to think simmmo is a g up :p

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
MICHAEL HODGSON - Past it, but still offers size, I'd keep him
YILEEN GORDON - Keep him PLEASE, and give him more game time
CHRIS ARMIT - Keep him, very good forward IMO
DENE HALATAU - Keep him, never given a decent run in a single position
GARY WARBURTON - No comment, no wait, get ride of him
COREY PAYNE - Never rated him, but to his defense we haven't seen him at all, keep him
BRAD MORRIN - No comment, no wait, get ride of him
DANNY WILLIAMS - No thanks
JARRAD HICKEY - No thanks
BLAKE GREEN - Gone, but he wasn't a bad player
im all for this also, however if we do get reni and eastwood then i'd think about letting go of payne and hodgo.

hopefully foster is the goods next year + taupau/kasiano given maybe another game or 2 also

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
It's a bit harsh to let go of Payne and Hodgo, Hodgo has been playing with great passion and Payne well we haven't been able to see what he can offer considering he has had a injury that's sidelined him for the season

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
It's a bit harsh to let go of Payne and Hodgo, Hodgo has been playing with great passion and Payne well we haven't been able to see what he can offer considering he has had a injury that's sidelined him for the season
hodgo doesnt offer much other than falling down easily in tackles. If they use him purely as a second rower id keep him as a back up in NSW Cup, but he isnt a first grade prop.

with payne, i feel for the bloke but with all the teams he has played for he hasnt offered heaps, now with this massive injury its going to take him awhile to get back to anything consistent. Maybe on a 50k deal again but more NSW Cup cover

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
hodgo doesnt offer much other than falling down easily in tackles. If they use him purely as a second rower id keep him as a back up in NSW Cup, but he isnt a first grade prop.

with payne, i feel for the bloke but with all the teams he has played for he hasnt offered heaps, now with this massive injury its going to take him awhile to get back to anything consistent. Maybe on a 50k deal again but more NSW Cup cover
Understandably so but I suppose in time these guys will be good. I'm all for our young guns getting a spot in F.G, particularly Kasiano who had a good game last week. It's sad that we buy yet we have so much talent in the younger ranks

Charles Tesse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
MICHAEL HODGSON - Let go (past it)
YILEEN GORDON - Let go (not affective as last year)
CHRIS ARMIT - Style simila ro Tandy and Tolman due to this i would let go
DENE HALATAU - injury prone!
GARY WARBURTON - Style is to be a 'workhorse' but with Stagg we dont need him.
COREY PAYNE - Waste of money Let go
BRAD MORRIN - Waste of money, could be used on other players
DANNY WILLIAMS - not given enough oppertunity. Should have played more FG
JARRAD HICKEY - Let go. He should be more effective with his big frame like Taylor. He doesnt know how to use it
BLAKE GREEN - Gone
ANDREW RYAN - Let go. Sits in the centres and is not a workhorse anymore especially when you have Stagg
DAVID STAGG - SHOULD BE CAPITAIN
RYAN TANDY - Keep, proven success this year
AIDEN TOLMAN - Wait till next year for the verdict.

For those thinking 'who would our depth be if we let go of the players i mention' simple - promote the u20s players who we have. The Roosters promoted Masoe and look how well he went. We have quality u20 front rowers and i think that as they would be cheaper - along with the players i mentioned above to let go, we could be a quality formidable team. At the same team promoting the juniors will help in the long run.

We need 2 quality backrowers who hits the fringes hard and offer second phase. Our current crop doesnt allow this. Futhermore we need a 'marquee' forward. Every team has one except us. You look through every team and they have one except us and that is what hurt us this year especially now that Hannant is leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.