Halves Need Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Every team has evolved to the type of playing style that’s needed in today’s modern game. I don’t understand why we haven’t ? What do these ***** do in training does pay not have a game plan ? I honestly can’t remember the last time this bulldogs squad threw multiple plays that put the defence in 2 minds. We literally have 2 set plays in our attacking book. Forward one ups, then onto hoppa from our back line with 4 block plays . Yes the players do play a part but fuck me they’re just doing what pay practices in training.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucks sake ... are people seriously suggesting Cleeland? Cleeland and Frawley are gone end of this season.

JMK is worth persisting with, but boy we were off tonight. Part of me wonders if we turned up expecting to win.

I still see JMK as a hooker forced to play in the halves, rather than a halves player.

Maybe we could swap Brown and JMK around?
I wouldnt base selections on players being gone at end of year.. with that frame of mind we shouldnt select Morris bros & Pay stuffed up selecting Eastwood

I would prefer to avoid the spoon this year

JMK foward pass on their line and some really poor kicks last week and the missed tackle that led to their try tonight..

We all know the kids been thrown into the deep end , noones having a go at him, we just need to try somthing different.. anything

for the life of me I dont see why we never gave Cleeland at least a few games at NRL over that past 2 years to see what he can do, we gave everyone else a run including many duds

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have few options right now; and have to make the best of what we've got. It is what it is.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look if Pay gets an offseason with a 30 he has put together and we are still doing poorly during next season, i will be giving him plenty then. My opinion that i am not judging Pay this year won't change, coz he isnt going to able to do any more about it before its over except experiment and sort the keepers from the throw backs.
You... You... Y'know you.. That's too much logic around here.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hes tried a lot of players but he has a pretty ordinary bunch to choose from in the 30, which he can do fk all about this year. The options are worse players
What sort of argument is that? There's a stack more to coaching than trying players ffs. Our systems are a fucking joke.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
for the life of me I dont see why we never gave Cleeland at least a few games at NRL over that past 2 years to see what he can do, we gave everyone else a run including many duds
Because he has the defence of John Olive, the brain explosions of Frawley, and goes missing for like 60 minutes of the game in NSW Cup.

Every now and then he pops up and throws a dummy and manages to get through a hole. Sometimes it leads to a try.

But the blokes 27 odd now and yet to crack first grade. The ship has sailed there and I cannot see him ever playing first grade.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because he has the defence of John Olive, the brain explosions of Frawley, and goes missing for like 60 minutes of the game in NSW Cup.

Every now and then he pops up and throws a dummy and manages to get through a hole. Sometimes it leads to a try.

But the blokes 27 odd now and yet to crack first grade. The ship has sailed there and I cannot see him ever playing first grade.
Ive seen so many duds play in our FG team the past few years, we have some duds running around now, it will not make one iota of a difference to me if we have another potential dud get a few games this year.

It will give me a new player to look forward to

Cleeland was named the NSW Cup team of year last year. Im not saying hes any saviour, but I wouldnt mind seeing him get a run at least once. But it wont happen so you dont need to worry.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Youve gotta remember the service from lichha is a disgrace,jmk needs to go to 9 hes not a 7

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay said he’s not changing them

Code thread

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going crap because we have a bunch of rookies who need more time ,whats, Parra and north qld and Manlys excuse ?

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d put JMK back at 9 and leave him there.

We need someone like James Maloney...a leader who can guide these young guys maybe even throw a bone to benji marshal for 1 more season.

The side lacks leadership.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d put JMK back at 9 and leave him there.

We need someone like James Maloney...a leader who can guide these young guys maybe even throw a bone to benji marshal for 1 more season.

The side lacks leadership.
Foran was supposed to bring that leadership in the halves but ...........

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A player only gets dropped to reserves because of a lack of effort, especially in defence, or because they are making fundamental errors consistently and need to regain some confidence. Our hound halves are neither of those. All they need is more first grade games. That is the only way they will improve. This is and was always going to be a poor season and now is the best time to stick by them and let them make mistakes and improve in the nrl.

Status
Not open for further replies.