Half-back

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Would be great to recruit a halfback and I think Drinkwater could be a lot like Nicko Hynes. Doubt we would get him though,Dolphins will throw the bank at him.
As for this year, I think we have looked our best with Averillo and I think he needs to be there for the remainder of the year, not that it will improve us much.
Averillo was awful in the halves.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the list on the other thread, not much available. Need a junior to step up from somewhere.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully alomiti can be this for us.
Yes thats the better option ..and Kiraz also but love to see Fox/Olam back together again...he probably wants overs so thats not viable :grinning:

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
One step at a time. You’re dreaming of you think we’ll go from last to first in a flash. You can’t tel me if we made the 8 this year you wouldn’t be thrilled.
Did it from 2008 to 2009 but for f*ckn Milkman screwing us out of the match winning try against Dragons

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
There’s many off field reasons of course. But on field we were still making the finals except his last year in 2017.

2015 and 2016 we made the 8 and we weren’t happy.
Just making up the numbers in the finals in those 2 years.

Never a realistic prospect of going far

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree but better than Flanno
At least if flanno fails and gets moved on, he is a 7 failing at 7. With Averillo he's not a 7 and failing out of position. Why fuck his confidence at such a young age playing him out of position? For me it's flanno or get in another 7, or bring a genuine 7 in from lower grades

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Might things have been different if John Asiata had stayed? TBaz would have had his ball-playing 13 .....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Might things have been different if John Asiata had stayed? TBaz would have had his ball-playing 13 .....
I still think he as an assistant at best OR as a "maintenance" coach more than a rebuild coach.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is so similar to the 9 problem we have had for years, we have addressed that problem for next year now, a 7 and 1 is also huge if we ever want to get back to the top. A quality 1, Burton, quality 7 and mahoney and thats a changing side