Official Haas rejects 3 clubs including Bulldogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothings certain obviously … but I’ve been saying Union are the quiet threat for the last week ..

Those thinking his friendship with SBW is something that’s in our favour only need to ask themselves this question …

Where do SBW’s loyalties really lie.

Bulldogs
Roosters
Union
Or SBW ?

3 years in union for close to $5 maybe $6 mill … why not …. Still come back to league at 26 and get a million plus per year for another 6 or 7 years ..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're saying the salary cap will likely be $14M in 2024. Maybe bigger again in 2025. Haas is mad if he goes to rugby. Could likely get more in NRL. Hope Arthur can trump Politis on a career after footy but trouble is his money comes from alcohol and gambling which is against Muslim beliefs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They're saying the salary cap will likely be $14M in 2024. Maybe bigger again in 2025. Haas is mad if he goes to rugby. Could likely get more in NRL. Hope Arthur can trump Politis on a career after footy but trouble is his money comes from alcohol and gambling which is against Muslim beliefs
I think it's very likely at least 1 club will offer him 1.3m+ in the NRL. Rugby will need a lot more than 1.5m imo.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think it's very likely at least 1 club will offer him 1.3m+ in the NRL. Rugby will need a lot more than 1.5m imo.
I reckon we could get him for 900k -1 mil on the cap and the rest in 3rd party...
Willie Mason talked him and his management up on level podcast. Said that they want whats best for Payne and that he's a Muslim and a good kid and that the Belmore community would embrace him etc.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What position is he gunna play in rugby? Blindside or number 8? Very rare that forwards can transition from league to union forwards successfully. It’s too technical. Thorn, Elsom and Farrell are the only ones I can remember. Not sure he will be a big target for the wallabies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the cap rises above 14M for 2025 every NRL club could offer Haas more than rugby

Too much competition for Haas, too much money plus he wants to go to a winning club apparently. This is why we're mad if we don't pursue Tino. He's all about coin only but will cost less and there won't be quite as many bidders

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he’d feel a bit insulted if Suaalii got offered $1.6 and they’re only offering him $1.5 …

I think if Union really wanted him they might throw $1.7 at him ..

Last edited: