Gut wrenching loss but when you look at the big picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastabation

Reaction score
I watched the game from the grand stand... so I have no idea how the commentators saw the game and I haven't read any match reviews... but the impression that I got was that the Broncos played pretty damn well and over the course of 80 minutes... we matched it with them.

Add sonny bill, willie mason, reni maitua and mark o'meley to that side and we win a thousand. I'm sure Broncos are our biggest threats for the title this year and I know that next time around... we'll roll 'em.

A couple of weeks ago I was worried that we wouldnt win enough games without our key players to make the top 8... after seeing the last couple of performances I think we're certainties.

The Patten air swing, when I can think of atleast 3 other ways he could of defused that grubber on the stroke of half time is the reason we lost in the end... IMHO. I know its an 80 minute game and anything can happen in 40 minutes but they came out of the sheds full of running in thats 2nd half and all that momentum we'd build in the first half was gone.

The Corey Hughes no try was BULL****.

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
yeh in the bigger picture it was a good performance just very unlucky, if we can play like that each week we will win our share of games.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I think that it was one of our most corageous defeats that I can remember. It was an amazing effort against a red hot Broncos side.

If we can make the 8 then watch out.

My fear is that the season will be another 1989 - filled with brave efforts by a team rocked by injuries and suspension.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Timyone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
man i loved todays game and wish i had enough money to of gone up and seen it. i went up last year and it ripped it!!

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally, I didnt think Broncos were at their best today, I think we were actually lucky, with the patten mishap and all, and the no pressure on Lockyer for the field goal, I thought Bulldogs smashed us in the 1st half, and I thought we were extremely lucky to only be down by 6 at half time, I also didnt think Bulldogs played to their ability, despite the scoreline, i thought it was a poor game "football" wise, but entertaining to watch... both sides are capable of better.

bdogfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good point - but very encouraging from a Dogs POV - big game this week against Manly

R

ROCK ASOTASI

I am happy with that loss.

The premiership favourites took 79 mins to beat a very understregth team with a PL forward pack.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
very encouraging but disapointing that we lost all the same

its a game we should of won, the dogs were the better side. brisbane were very lucky and I hope we play them in the finals

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great effort, Corey Hughes was robbed of the first try and I thought the Broncs first try was an obstruction because Hunt ran through the hole created by Stagg taking out Anasta but thats football I guess.

I agree with AB, the air swing did costs us the momentum.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Dogs should take confidence from that game. Plenty of injuries plus 4 backing up form City Country. I dont think Folkes would be to dissapointed with the effort shown. If we can continue to build on this we can make our way up through the ladded, especially through the origin period where other teams usually struuggle.
Big game this weekend. Gotta beat the Eagles.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
we did pretty good considering our injury problems, hopefully we can keep up with the top 8 for a strong finish in the final series with a full strength team.
keep up the good work boys...

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That PL forward pack is looking more and more like a solid First Grade pack each week. Even without O'Meley, Mason, Maitua and Williams the side looks like it will be able to compete with the top sides.

Bring on Manly.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
They played yesterday also so they will have to watch a replay

Anastabation

Reaction score
I made this thread before I heard Tonga was injured. What a MASSIVE blow. This keeps getting harder and harder. Who knows what will come of the incidents where players were put on report aswell. Come on dogs, dig deep, we need a win desperately this weekend.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I dont think either player will get suspended.

PATTICAKE

-=BluEnWhitE PriDe=-
Reaction score
hopefully nxt wk we can come away with the 2points

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The important point is that we had a lead, were run down and passed, but didn't give up and took the lead back. That's an improvement on previous games and shows that we have the ability to win big matches when the odds are against us.

Go the Dogs!

GlennyBillWilliams

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah just think all the players that r playing now are getting fg experience so wen we dont have many injuries we will have a lot of depth in the club

Status
Not open for further replies.