Official Gus's Message

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet guys still keep getting sucked in.
Most of us have realised they need to be Ignored. Have not much relevence or real love or concern for the club and are only bagging individuals for selfish small-minded reasons. Most of us can stick it out for the big picture. We aren't delirious with all yhe decisions but are realistic that this approach will bring success. If it doesn't brinf vast improvement next year, then that will be the time to start evaluating the current plan.

Most of us can see they are thriving on all the replies, questions asked of them, demand for explanations and just general platforming and gaining attention for their agendas....at the expense of good governance of TK and the re-build of the Bulldogs success and short and long term viability as a highly successful footy club and community leader.

They trash the club and it's admin at every opprtunity and unfortunately Kennellers by replying give them a soapbox to spread their negative message and feed info into the negative journos who pick up on whats put up on here.

They've turned TK into this rabble of threads and those that reply are just enabling them to do so.
100% Wendog.

The good posters on here really need to make an effort not to reply to these losers. But you and I know it won’t happen.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes he has, but Gus says a lot of things.
I think he was saying that as an excuse to write this year off
He may have said it during negotiations with the knowledge that it wouldn’t stop CC
Our team had high hopes this year
High hopes, then hit with injuries and the usual terrible draw - with a long time until the first bye.
Bit of a perfect storm, after which it was very hard to come back.

Dogs weren't the only team to suffer similar setbacks - even the Bunnies had their share.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol@ the anti troll brigade clogging up 2 pages of this thread with troll talk
Go your hardest Ray, it’s only another couple of months until your latest comeback falls on its head.

It will interesting to see your post rates for all your accounts a couple of months after the board is returned status quo..

Many supporters and members are disillusioned with the clubs fall from grace but stand fast in support. Constantly shit bagging those trying to turn it all around without offering so much as a single alternate strategy or plan just reeks of selfish ambition and political posturing.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could CC turn King into a Graham type player or at least base his game more towards off loads with guys trailing thru? :grinning:
I think so, that’s probably his strength imo, he was good coming on fresh and getting an offload away early on, we have relied on him to do the bash and barge rough stuff which hasn’t been his go, but he’s still been reliable

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know what happened
He was being courted by the tigerpies
Gus said ‘don’t take that offer, I want you here with me Uleh. Barrett is about to be sacked and you’re my boi’

Cc said ‘I’d love that cuz, but this is a 5 year offer and no rookie gets this’

Gould said
‘Well how about I do this. If you come with me I’ll match it. Think about it Uleh’

Cc thought about it and denied the tiger pies to stay with his mentor because he knew he was getting a 5 year offer
I think you are close but not quite there. I have been convinced since Barrett was booted that Gus already had a replacement locked away. Sacking the coach because you have someone better lined up is rarely a popular move, and so we had the charade of a hokey recruitment process.

When the Ciraldo signing became public knowledge, I was surprised to learn just how much history there was between him and Gus, starting with him being signed as a senior player from Newcastle to Penrith to mentor the young squad members. When he retired as a player, Gus encouraged him into coaching, and, when Gus hooked Hook, he tried to line up Wayne Bennett as the short term coach, with Ciraldo as the long term successor. This was over ridden by the Penrith board, and led to Gus walking away from the club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you are close but not quite there. I have been convinced since Barrett was booted that Gus already had a replacement locked away. Sacking the coach because you have someone better lined up is rarely a popular move, and so we had the charade of a hokey recruitment process.

When the Ciraldo signing became public knowledge, I was surprised to learn just how much history there was between him and Gus, starting with him being signed as a senior player from Newcastle to Penrith to mentor the young squad members. When he retired as a player, Gus encouraged him into coaching, and, when Gus hooked Hook, he tried to line up Wayne Bennett as the short term coach, with Ciraldo as the long term successor. This was over ridden by the Penrith board, and led to Gus walking away from the club.
You’re on the money.
I remember an interview years ago where Gus said Hook made CC cry and he had to convince CC to stay at Penrith. There is a massive bond there.

When CC was meeting tigers. I’m nearly 100% certain Gus got on his ear for the reasons you mentioned. No rookie coach is turning down a 5 year offer.
CC and Gus had it all lined up.
It was a sham process.
The big tell tale clue in all this is CC got a 5 year deal with the doggs too.
I don’t think this has ever happened before and really points to Gus saying ‘I’ll match it’

This whole Gould ‘I told him to wait a year’ was a blatant lie. And to be honest that’s obvious.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re on the money.
I remember an interview years ago where Gus said Hook made CC cry and he had to convince CC to stay at Penrith. There is a massive bond there.

When CC was meeting tigers. I’m nearly 100% certain Gus got on his ear for the reasons you mentioned. No rookie coach is turning down a 5 year offer.
CC and Gus had it all lined up.
It was a sham process.
The big tell tale clue in all this is CC got a 5 year deal with the doggs too.
I don’t think this has ever happened before and really points to Gus saying ‘I’ll match it’

This whole Gould ‘I told him to wait a year’ was a blatant lie. And to be honest that’s obvious.
You're so correct @Nasheed