Official Gus's Message

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re on the money.
I remember an interview years ago where Gus said Hook made CC cry and he had to convince CC to stay at Penrith. There is a massive bond there.

When CC was meeting tigers. I’m nearly 100% certain Gus got on his ear for the reasons you mentioned. No rookie coach is turning down a 5 year offer.
CC and Gus had it all lined up.
It was a sham process.
The big tell tale clue in all this is CC got a 5 year deal with the doggs too.
I don’t think this has ever happened before and really points to Gus saying ‘I’ll match it’

This whole Gould ‘I told him to wait a year’ was a blatant lie. And to be honest that’s obvious.
This here above is a vague opinion only … unless someone was actually in the room listening to the conversation at the time, it’s just guessing ..

I can guess to …. my guess is the conversations went more like below ..

Image1701301952.060184.jpg

Gus mate, this isn’t my first rodeo, I was there for the Panthers journey, I know it’ll be ugly, but I’ve seen your results first hand …

Where do I sign …

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This here above is a vague opinion only … unless someone was actually in the room listening to the conversation at the time, it’s just guessing ..

I can guess to …. my guess is the conversations went more like below ..

View attachment 96451

Gus mate, this isn’t my first rodeo, I was there for the Panthers journey, I know it’ll be ugly, but I’ve seen your results first hand …

Where do I sign …
I think you’ve made too much of an effort with your response to a troll. This poster is a weed. Don’t waste your time.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think you are close but not quite there. I have been convinced since Barrett was booted that Gus already had a replacement locked away. Sacking the coach because you have someone better lined up is rarely a popular move, and so we had the charade of a hokey recruitment process.

When the Ciraldo signing became public knowledge, I was surprised to learn just how much history there was between him and Gus, starting with him being signed as a senior player from Newcastle to Penrith to mentor the young squad members. When he retired as a player, Gus encouraged him into coaching, and, when Gus hooked Hook, he tried to line up Wayne Bennett as the short term coach, with Ciraldo as the long term successor. This was over ridden by the Penrith board, and led to Gus walking away from the club.
A lot of this part is correct.
The Ciraldo Concord reality is different and @Nasteve simply doesn’t know the truth - which I have from a board member of the broader WT organisation (not WT board and who shall remain unnamed) what REALLY happened and there’s more legitimacy there than in the pinky of the wannabe Don of Brekky Point:
IMG_7600.jpeg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A lot of this part is correct.
The Ciraldo Concord reality is different and @Nasteve simply doesn’t know the truth - which I have from a board member of the broader WT organisation (not WT board and who shall remain unnamed) what REALLY happened and there’s more legitimacy there than in the pinky of the wannabe Don of Brekky Point:
View attachment 96454
I found the tranny...

Screenshot_20231130_141339_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“We want you to connect with us and us to connect with you” it’s hard to big boy when you don’t tell your members and fans anything because you have a personal agenda with certain parts of the media plus blocking people on X lol

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“We want you to connect with us and us to connect with you” it’s hard to big boy when you don’t tell your members and fans anything because you have a personal agenda with certain parts of the media plus blocking people on X lol
@Berries A lot of good Canterbury fans have been blocked on X/Twitter and for reasons they don't know. Warburton is the best operator at the Bulldogs and we just don't hear from him it's only Gould, Khoury, Mason, Graham and sometimes Ciraldo.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yep, and the most satisfying thing is all of their relentless bullshit has amounted to nothing, this club will be back on top where it belongs and will have the stability it needs to get there. Fuck the deadshits, Our dogs are on the way back, thanks to Gus and this board and they fucking know it and that's what burns.
100%! Great post!