gus speaks out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny

Kennel Established
Reaction score
gould: "if this was a horse race at eagle farm and you protested against that try, the protest would have been thrown out and you would have been fined $1000 for a frivolous protest!"

nicrus

Waterboy
Reaction score
thats got to be the answer im sure he pushed the wrong button, steven clarke cant be that dumb can he:uptight:>:(
I think you'll find he is that dumb.

My email to the Sunday Footy Show...

I am a Bulldog supporter. Always have been. Always will be.

Please explain to me in how the Video Ref came to his decision and as to when he will be packing up his desk and finding a new job.

Disgusted!

Pretty lame I'm sure... if nothing else it will help clog up their inbox I guess.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
gould: "if this was a horse race at eagle farm and you protested against that try, the protest would have been thrown out and you would have been fined $1000 for a frivolous protest!"
True!

It is just unbelievable.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
gould should be the ceo...he speaks and wont hide behind a skirt like gallop.fix the game before its fixed to much.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
have sent my email of disgust to the sundayfooty show..grrr still cant believe it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just sent this off to them:

To the Sunday Footy Show,

Heritage week. A weekend for league to get over the sex scandal. A weekend for 13 warriors to hit the turf as fans cheer and get behind everything this great game has built up over the years.

Dogs versus Dragons, an age old battle against rivals. Dogs behind and 2 minutes from showtime the Bulldogs put together a move worthy of the days of the entertainers. Jamal Idris scores, and the crowd erupts. This was 78 minutes into the match, and in less time it took to score the match winner, Steven Clark decided to take it away. As bottles rained onto the field, and commentators erupted justifiably, a black mark was put on Heritage week, one the league will never forget.

With Gallop at the helm and a huge amount of referees making mistakes, "The Great Game" is being run into the ground and I believe we need to clear the slate and start from scratch.

For the channel 9 commentators, in particular Phil Gould, thank you for your kind words, for sticking behind the Bulldogs, and giving us fans someone who we can somewhat confide in as a commentator.

Regards,

<name removed>

no way he could have pressed the wrong button- you have to press the button three times (with two warning screens that say "are you sure?") before it becomes official and displays on the screen
PC: TRY / NO TRY
Clark : Hmm let me see .. hmmm NO TRY.
PC: Are you sure you want to rip off the Bulldogs?
Clark: YES
PC: Are you sure you want to end your career as of this call?
Clark: YES
TV SCREEN: NO TRY!!!!!!!!

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
just sent this off to them:

Pc: Try / no try
clark : Hmm let me see .. Hmmm no try.
Pc: Are you sure you want to rip off the bulldogs?
Clark: Yes
pc: Are you sure you want to end your career as of this call?
Clark: Yes
tv screen: No try!!!!!!!!
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
I don't know why people are suddnely supportive of Gus. He's been spot on with his view on the game for years tbh. Sure he's criticised the Bulldogs but stiff ****, he was probably entitled to and he gives us just as much credit when it's due as anyone else.

The thing with Gus is you know he loves the game and wants the best for it and he generally knows what that entails.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
sent:

Hi Guys
What a pathetic display that ruling was,

this commands an overhaul of the video ref, that decision was diabolical , we (the bulldogs) were robbed , i am not even shattered because we won the game, fair and square, we just didnt get the 2 points.

Video Ref Clarke Hang your Head in shame.

Regards Davo
I just sent a similar email. the more emails and noise we make about this the better.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no matter what anyone says...gus has a great nrl head and i've been thinking the same thing ever since i really got into footy....yeah everyone thinks he is biased but he isn't...he says exactly what the fans are thinking all the time, and when you listen to him on the commentry he will always tell it like it is....no matter what you think of the man, he knows his footy and he knows what the fans want in the game. I think everyone should cut the man some slack...tbh if i seen him in the street right now I think I could talk to him all day about the issues in league and agree with him on everything. On and Off the field that is. . .

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Eastwood hardly moved from Pic 1 to 5. You can see Soward the cat play-acting in the last picture, cause he knew Patten had got past him. Eastwood can't just vanish into thin air.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
AT the end of the Broncos match they showed the super slow motion replay from a couple of angles. The best one actually shows BOTH of Eastwood's hands against his own body intentionally keeping AWAY from Soward....it is so obvious, it's not funny.

I hope they show these replays again over the weekend, after quoting Soward's comments in the press saying Eastwood's hand was on his shoulder.

Just remember Jamie, what goes around comes around...you got away with it this time you little P***k, and well done for that, but you won't get away with it again...EVERYONE is awake to you now!

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
David Gallop using this dribble when players F*^% up, (We leave it up to the club to punish players, And if we dont like it, Then nrl will deal with it.)

Well i say i dont care how you penalise clark, Its not good enough, Let the fans deal with him.

Raz

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Wait for the Sunday Footy Show and The Roast. They will carve up Clark Big Time!

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is starting to grow on me also...
But all commentators knew this was a try ..no doubt..
will be interesting to hear Hadleys take on this today

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Us Bulldogs fans in Brisbane saw what Gus said.
Unbelievable.
There are many mountains to climb.
This is your shield also Gus.
Thank You for telling it like it is

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nah, Ray Hadley and the majority of his co-horts are paid puppets of News Limited and by association, The NRL.
Their dribble is defamatory
to a number of genres and women also.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Gould calls it as he sees it. He understands the dynamics of the game better than anyone else and the sooner he is in charge the better. Yeah he may favour the Rorters but at least unlike Gallop he'll be honest about it.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Gould calls it as he sees it. He understands the dynamics of the game better than anyone else and the sooner he is in charge the better. Yeah he may favour the Rorters but at least unlike Gallop he'll be honest about it.
Spot on mate... and while I admit I haven't always liked him, that's him to a tee.

As for this, I think the rule that caused this to be not given a try STINKS IS **** and seriously needs to be looked at.

When you have every person in here and sundry saying it should have been at try, no matter what club they come from, even Dragons fans... it's pretty sure that the decision was crap.

If the NRL don't change this rule, then expect more bottles and crap on the ground from upset fans.... it's their job now to change it, but I bloody reckon they won't... stupid fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.