Official Gus on Twitter

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s a prop. Good young kid from what I saw.

Kinda hoping now afb is over we get may, go hard for that Wilson from broncos and mooney. If we miss any of them uele or stefano should be worth a chat.
Yes agree. Trey & Terrel would be 2 great acquisitions for ‘24 if Gus can pull it off. Along with King, Knight, Preston, Curran, Mann, Hughes, Patolo and kikau would give us some grunt and go forward up front, in coming season. Go you Doggies. Btw is that Willison ex Broncos you are talking about? Didn’t know we were looking at him. If so great young gun.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Like everything on TK I’ll believe any signing when it is confirmed. Nevertheless I can see Trey happening. Gus and Ciraldo unlike what others may think have good relationships with the other clubs. Gus and Ricky in particular seem tight as shown by them loaning us 2 props a few years ago. I smell a player swap maybe Trey for one of our halves? Or maybe a back like Samrani?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes agree. Trey & Terrel would be 2 great acquisitions for ‘24 if Gus can pull it off. Along with King, Knight, Preston, Curran, Mann, Hughes, Patolo and kikau would give us some grunt and go forward up front, in coming season. Go you Doggies. Btw is that Willison ex Broncos you are talking about? Didn’t know we were looking at him. If so great young gun.
Not Sure we’re looking at Willison, but I hope we are, people at the broncos rate him highly, reminds me of a young Tino when he was coming through ..

I know they’ve lost a few, but with big upgrades to Walsh, Man, Haas and a few others, and that roster they have, you’d think with some good money thrown his way we’d be a chance of grabbing him …

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picking up a middle forward from Canberra wouldn’t surprise - they are stacked with front rowers and locks.

From a swap perspective they are very light on in the halves and unless they are going to turn one of their many wingers into a centre they are also a little thin in that area.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ricky liked Skelton as a swap option.

If they need a half BBO might be on the cards!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd be pretty happy getting Mooney. If we are looking at stealing quality young props who have received limited first grade / minutes, Savvy Moale would be a great one to target also.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Picking up a middle forward from Canberra wouldn’t surprise - they are stacked with front rowers and locks.

From a swap perspective they are very light on in the halves and unless they are going to turn one of their many wingers into a centre they are also a little thin in that area.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ricky liked Skelton as a swap option.

If they need a half BBO might be on the cards!
BBO makes sense for both parties and players if it were to eventuate

Dogs4eva13

Reaction score
BBO makes sense for both parties and players if it were to eventuate
Not sure if BBO would be enough. They would not want to part with Trey so we would have to give up someone we wouldn’t want to. Sexton, Hutch or maybe Skelton is the calibre of player they would want.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if BBO would be enough. They would not want to part with Trey so we would have to give up someone we wouldn’t want to. Sexton, Hutch or maybe Skelton is the calibre of player they would want.
Turpin is potentially an option also

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like everything on TK I’ll believe any signing when it is confirmed. Nevertheless I can see Trey happening. Gus and Ciraldo unlike what others may think have good relationships with the other clubs. Gus and Ricky in particular seem tight as shown by them loaning us 2 props a few years ago. I smell a player swap maybe Trey for one of our halves? Or maybe a back like Samrani?
Canberra are definitely weak in the halves, but strong in the forwards, so I could see us letting BBO or someone go. Mooney would be a good get.

Dogs4eva13

Reaction score
I would not be giving up Skelton, imo we'd regret giving him up, all he needs is an opportunity.
A trade is good when both parties have to give up a player they don’t want to. Also will Skelton get an opportunity with us? He is behind at least Wilson for a spot in the 17 may even be 2 or 3 back.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Canberra have no edge backrowers beyond Huddo and Mudguts now that CHN is done.

They could play Trey as an edge easily or someone like RFM or Topine (or both) would fit the bill.