Official Gus on Twitter

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Canberra have no edge backrowers beyond Huddo and Mudguts now that CHN is done.

They could play Trey as an edge easily or someone like RFM or Topine (or both) would fit the bill.
What’s the bet after all this speculation on the kennel. The daily telegraph writes a story on Thursday “Bulldogs and Raiders considering player swap, who are the winners and losers”.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Canberra have no edge backrowers beyond Huddo and Mudguts now that CHN is done.

They could play Trey as an edge easily or someone like RFM or Topine (or both) would fit the bill.
They signed Morgan Smithies who started for Wigan in the GF this year & played for England. He plays lock or edge backrower.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here we go again…..

Why do many get their hopes up on a “unknown source” possible signing which next minute results in the player re-signing with his current club

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s the bet after all this speculation on the kennel. The daily telegraph writes a story on Thursday “Bulldogs and Raiders considering player swap, who are the winners and losers”.
Yes I can almost guarantee it. Am sure there is some journalist or another, monitoring all the club social media fan sites for rumours and “news”.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep and apparently got Zac Hosking also.
Fuck that's a quality pick up. He's a good all round player. I'm surprised Penrith let him go. It would have been good if we could have gotten him as our depth behind Kikau and Preston is non-existent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we probably have enough players who can play in the back row though
Outside of Kikau, Preston and maybe Curran if he's moved from lock none of them fill me with confidence.. Salmon can play there in spurts.. But RFM I'm not including as he doesn't appear to have a future at the club and is way better in the middle these days. Then Topine is a Reserves player who likewise might not be here much longer.

I worry that if Kikau and/or Preston get an injury or suspension that we'll be exposed on the edges..

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Outside of Kikau, Preston and maybe Curran if he's moved from lock none of them fill me with confidence.. Salmon can play there in spurts.. But RFM I'm not including as he doesn't appear to have a future at the club and is way better in the middle these days. Then Topine is a Reserves player who likewise might not be here much longer.

I worry that if Kikau and/or Preston get an injury or suspension that we'll be exposed on the edges..
Wouldnt surprise me to see players like Samrani, Xerri and Skelton transition to back rowers - not saying it will happen but all are bigger bodies with a speed n mobility

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldnt surprise me to see players like Samrani, Xerri and Skelton transition to back rowers - not saying it will happen but all are bigger bodies with a speed n mobility
Skelton maybe.. But how he handles the defence would be the worry. I'd like to see Skelton on the bench once we get injuries during the season as he can cover wing, centre and play a few minutes in 2nd row probably more effectively than Okunbur ever did.

I'd like to see Skelton get a consistent run on the wing but it doesn't look like it will happen. It'd be a shame to see him change clubs and kill it for someone else.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Kitione Kautoga, Kurtis Morrin, Kurt mann, Harrison Edwards (193cm, 105kg)

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kitione Kautoga, Kurtis Morrin, Kurt mann, Harisson Edwards (193cm, 105kg)
If Mann plays in the forwards I see him more as a lock.. Same with Edwards.. Kautoga, Edwards and Morrin seem more suited to Reserves although it will be interesting to see if they've improved over the preseason and how they're used.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Mann plays in the forwards I see him more as a lock.. Same with Edwards.. Kautoga, Edwards and Morrin seem more suited to Reserves although it will be interesting to see if they've improved over the preseason and how they're used.
was talking back row so speaking about 11,12,13. Imo if a person can play lock, they can play 2nd row.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
was talking back row so speaking about 11,12,13. Imo if a person can play lock, they can play 2nd row.
a lock can be a prop or second rower, ideally with a passing game. Someone like Lolo can't play second rower.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree, but Curran for mine goes to lock - Mann makes a good 17…. I’d also like to see Morrin play a similar role to Cotter, Morrin is similarly a small forward, but is bigger than cotter with good leg speed, I see no reason Morrin can’t be a big improver this season. He’s fearless like his uncle which is definitely what we need.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, but Curran for mine goes to lock - Mann makes a good 17…. I’d also like to see Morrin play a similar role to Cotter, Morrin is similarly a small forward, but is bigger than cotter with good leg speed, I see no reason Morrin can’t be a big improver this season. He’s fearless like his uncle which is definitely what we need.
Morrin may be only around 95kg however he is made of granite and has plenty of old school Bulldog mongrel.

Folksie would have loved him!