Official Gus on Twitter

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I did stop at point 1, word count. Again, I want u to really think long and hard about what u said there and its relevance to the topic - player recruitment.

Do u honestly think there is a belief beyond the gus lovers on here that we are “a team definitely going in the right direction”. Do u think players and there agents are out there full of confidence that the dogs are heading in the right direction and are a destination for the betterment of there careers? U must be having a laugh Mate. Take the dogs goggles off and Gusses snag out ur mouth

I really plead with u to think about the past couple of seasons weve had, particularly the most recent one, and still convince yourself that we are a club l on the rise and a club that in-demand players wanna be at?
Out of curiosity who is on the rival ticket you are supporting and if they got in and ousted Gus who are you replacing him with? And also ousting Ciro… who are you replacing him with?

All well and good to be captain negative but care to share your grand plan for the club? Let me know and I’ll see if I can get behind it because it would take a lot for most to get behind a change when our Matt’s won the comp and Flegg is in the GF this week. If you understand the current vision & strategy then you’ll realise certain things are unfolding.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Out of curiosity who is on the rival ticket you are supporting and if they got in and ousted Gus who are you replacing him with? And also ousting Ciro… who are you replacing him with?

All well and good to be captain negative but care to share your grand plan for the club? Let me know and I’ll see if I can get behind it because it would take a lot for most to get behind a change when our Matt’s won the comp and Flegg is in the GF this week. If you understand the current vision & strategy then you’ll realise certain things are unfolding.
No one is better at building and winning then Gus. Fair enough Bellamy is the epitome of modern football. But he’s done it at one club for 20+ years.

Gus had Success (either through fluke or skill) at the dogs, south’s, panthers, roosters, nsw, panthers, and warriors are in the semis a year and a half after he left them. He isn’t running coaching sessions anymore but building a club from rabbles. There is no better man.

We need to back the board, the coach and the GM. Because we are doing it right this time.

Gus says we have maybe a handful of potential nrl quality players in our juniors. Unless you have that production line thriving you’ll never be elite. The previous boards and coach’s thought that was a waste of time and money. that coach took a team with Canterbury juniors or academy players to 2 grand finals. Our current team is full of nrl rejects.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I asked him the same questions a couple of weeks ago in another thread and am still waiting for an answer.
Probably best not to hold your breath waiting.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped reading after point 1. Lets think about what u have just said there
“We’re a team thats heading in the right direction”
According to….? There are zero metric whatsoever to back this claim. This season was an undisputed shit show. We went backwards, significantly. Yet your trying to claim we went forwards? The fuck?

Oh wait,because Gus said we are going in the right direction, that must be right. My apologies. Lol. Wake up
Beyond our top two teams, how have we fared this year?
Have we improved over last year?

As for the top team, are you prepared to accept that if we went backward this year, it's akin to one step back, two steps forward?
If you indeed are a Dogs supporter, are you up for a challenge?
For the '24 season, you are nothing but positive towards our teams, our club!

I, for one, am not going to tolerate mediocrity, which at least one board member can attest to, so fear not it will be a rose-coloured lovefest here if you do post only positively.

EDIT - speelin ;)

Last edited:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did stop at point 1, word count. Again, I want u to really think long and hard about what u said there and its relevance to the topic - player recruitment.

Do u honestly think there is a belief beyond the gus lovers on here that we are “a team definitely going in the right direction”. Do u think players and there agents are out there full of confidence that the dogs are heading in the right direction and are a destination for the betterment of there careers? U must be having a laugh Mate. Take the dogs goggles off and Gusses snag out ur mouth

I really plead with u to think about the past couple of seasons weve had, particularly the most recent one, and still convince yourself that we are a club l on the rise and a club that in-demand players wanna be at?
Addo-Carr
Burton
Crichton
Kikau
Mahoney
Preston
Xerri
Seven players we have in our side next year that would be chased if free agents today.
About 1 in 5 with next years 34 player cap.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the unaware, Millard was I believe gusses first key staff appointment. Something went pear shaped. Do the math
Yes, good job offer, closer to home, in his backyard which he knows well.
Indeed, something pear-shaped going on there.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because nobody has ever left a job for a better offer... I know this is an open forum but I am honestly disappointed in the mods for not banning Frothfield from this forum.
Unless they’re threatening harm or breaking the law, no one should be banned from a forum. Free speech is absolute, no matter how ridiculous a statement may seem.
just scroll on. That’s what I do.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because nobody has ever left a job for a better offer... I know this is an open forum but I am honestly disappointed in the mods for not banning Frothfield from this forum.
“I believe” this translates to I don’t know shit because I’m a dumb ****

“something went pear shaped” is another self admission of dumb ****-itis

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unless they’re threatening harm or breaking the law, no one should be banned from a forum. Free speech is absolute, no matter how ridiculous a statement may seem.
If only Kennellers would close them down by not responding to the obvious trolling thats going on ...instead of getting sucked in by replying and extending the attention seekers' posts :(

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
!

I, for one, am not going to tolerate meritocracy, which at least one board member can attest to, so fear not it will be a rose-coloured lovefest here if you do post only positively.
I don't understand what you've got against meritocracy - most people are in favour of it! Did your spelling corrector throw it up instead of "mediocracy"?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree, but that individual is not offering an opinion but driving a political agenda and using the forum as a platform, in an attempt to cause harm to the stability of the club, Its a futile endeavor, But none the less he has been attempting to Gaslight people on this forum since the start of the season. Fortunately Most members recognized that pretty Quickly.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He’s been asked these questions before mate, he can’t answer them so he runs and hides …

Talking with this bloke is like talking to a piece of 4x2 … he could win lotto and he’d still complain .. I’ve given up, like @Flanagun they’re on a never ending loop ..

I think they’re just trolling .. not worth your time ..

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Kolo could easily play prop or lock and I hope we're serious about making him an offer. He's already an Origin player but he still has a lot of untapped potential. Souths don't use him enough at times.
Defends well in the middle, would be fine at prop. Big and strong as well and plays big minutes.